SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
For MVP, I thought they would have chosen...

clear.gif

TOM BRADY

I mean he did everything for this Super Bowl. How did he NOT win it?!

I'm not sure. The thought of a fixed Superbowl blows my mind away. However, I can't find a reasonable explanation for that many blown calls. This game was just absolutely ridiculous. I don't even know what to think anymore.

The NFL may have just slumped to the level of WWF.

Abc Blew The Coverage

Was it me, or was the moment somewhat ruined for all of us watching when the ABC crew botched the "Gatorade moment, Also, the Disney commercial hyping the "I'm going to Disneyworld" phrase, then NO ONE SAID IT! anti climactic. ONE OF THE WORST SB's OF ALL TIME. THIS GAME DEFINITELY LIVED UP TO ITS hype(small case noticed).

marino2duper73 said:
Was it me, or was the moment somewhat ruined for all of us watching when the ABC crew botched the "Gatorade moment, Also, the Disney commercial hyping the "I'm going to Disneyworld" phrase, then NO ONE SAID IT! anti climactic. ONE OF THE WORST SB's OF ALL TIME. THIS GAME DEFINITELY LIVED UP TO ITS hype(small case noticed).
Yeah man I was thinkin the same thing

marino2duper73 said:
Well, the Disney World saying usually doesn't air on TV until a day or two after the game. I don't think it has ever been said during the actual broadcast. Either tomorrow or Tuesday, you will see the Disney World commercial.

They dumped the Gatorade on Cowher while the play was going. I'd much rather see the play than a stupid arse Gatorade shower, it's old.

SMadison29 said:
They dumped the Gatorade on Cowher while the play was going. I'd much rather see the play than a stupid arse Gatorade shower, it's old.

with the game sealed...youre high..gatorade moment is a tradition, not taking the knee on the last play

Not 100% sure but I believe that the "I'm going to Disneyworld" ended the year Ray Lewis won the MVP, I remember reading that they would no longer have the players say that phrase.

PhinPhreak said:
Not 100% sure but I believe that the "I'm going to Disneyworld" ended the year Ray Lewis won the MVP, I remember reading that they would no longer have the players say that phrase.

then why the commercial? lol..advertising rules

finfansince72 said:
I was embarrassed to be watching this game. The officiating was either complete amateur night or biased against the hawks. There were so many 'phatom' calls that it was inexcusable. Travesty, the Hawks never had a shot. They would have had to get into scoring range on every single drive they had to overcome the terrible officiating. I feel for the Hawks, they never had a chance.
I like Cowher, on some level Im glad he won a Superbowl, hes a good guy.

Those were the exact words I uttered to my wife ( not that she gave a rats arse :lol: ) while watching the officiating of this game. Embarrassment.

I've felt for a quite a few years now that the officiating in the NFL has reached epic levels of Impotence. Tonight was a prime example.

The NFL REALLY needs to find a way to improve the system because, as you said, it is becoming a glaring embarrassment to the league.

Back
Top Bottom