SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
The steelers beat the top 3 teams from a VERY strong AFC and teh #1 from the NFC. They are the most deserving team to win the SB in the last few years. I'd rather see the steelers get these calls than the pats. GREAT season IMO. Sorry for the typos, I'm a little shnockerd. I wisj I could party with d-day and MOR.

MiamiHitman said:
Who cares? Anyone that is a fan of the NFL should care. I am a diehard fan of this sport, and watching one officiating malfunction after another in THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR really bothers me.

I agree with you here.

I was really looking forward to this Super Bowl because I didn't have an emotional tie (positive or negative) to either team. (Couldn't stand watching the N.E. super bowls.... made me sick to watch).....

This year I could just enjoy the game, that is until the officiating got so bad it ruined it for me. Like you, I am a fan of the game as well as a Dolphin fan. To see officiating so bad that you truly begin to believe that the officials are the ones creating a lot of the momentum for one team over another upsets me. It should'nt happen.

marino2duper73 said:
with the game sealed...youre high..gatorade moment is a tradition, not taking the knee on the last play

Um, the Gatorade shower happened as Hasselbeck's final pass went incomplete, not when the Steelers were taking a knee.

I'd pick Jeremy Stevens.
That guy played so horrible I began to think he was "on the take". :lol:

SMadison29 said:
Um, the Gatorade shower happened as Hasselbeck's final pass went incomplete, not when the Steelers were taking a knee.

who cares, they should have aired it, like seattle had a chance at that point..my bad i got the play wrong.do u organize your socks by date purchased, too...

This ain't the WWE. Sure there were a lot of questionable calls, to put it nicely. But that doesn't mean the game was "fixed". I can't believe people continually bring this up every Super Bowl.

Brady had a cute velvet jacket. I think he blew his MVP chances with the wussy coin flip though. That, and the fact he tried to make out with Aretha Franklin pre-game.

But my MVP trophy would go to Chucky Okobi's girlfriend/sister/whoever it was. He tried to lift her out of the stands when the game was over..did anybody see this? :lol: SHe was a large lady, and she tried to climb over the rail herself...I think part of the floor gave way or something and she fell down on to the field. :lol:

Roman529 said:
Hasselbeck got called with a hit below the knees on his block, BUT Roethlisberger made a block below the knees on the reverse TD pass by Randel El to Hines Ward.....why no flag on Ben???? It was FIXED!!!!!!!

My question is how does a defensive player making a tackle get called for a cut block!

F'n hilarious!

Yes, I know Hasselbeck is a QB, and I know one of you is going to flame out and post that.
However, after an INT, the offensive players then become, in essence, defensive players. Hasselbeck was making a tackle yet was called for an illegal block.

pwn3dyo said:
The game was fixed. No disputing that.

I dispute that my friend, I think the steelers were the better team abd played a better game. Seattle wasn't terrible but were outplayed. Go dolphins!

Nublar7 said:
Well, the Disney World saying usually doesn't air on TV until a day or two after the game. I don't think it has ever been said during the actual broadcast. Either tomorrow or Tuesday, you will see the Disney World commercial.

I wonder if they'll let them ride on Expedition Everest! :lol:

The officiating in this thing was terrible. Absolutely terrible. I guess it was in tune with this season though. I think it's time to get a more thorough system of how officials are trained.

marino2duper73 said:
who cares, they should have aired it, like seattle had a chance at that point..my bad i got the play wrong.do u organize your socks by date purchased, too...

Yeah, the gatorade shower is my favorite part of every Super Bowl. I could skip the whole game and just watch that. I had my VCR all ready to tape that magic moment. It ruined the whole game for millions!

Back
Top Bottom