Superbowl Tickets... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Superbowl Tickets...

GazPhin

Brannigan Begin Again
Reaction score
I didn't know how common knowledge it was, the method of obtaining Superbowl tickets so I found this for anyone who is interested (source:NFL.COM):

"Question: How can I buy Super Bowl tickets?

Answer: The only method the NFL has to distribute tickets to the public is through a random drawing. There is no other way for the general public to purchase tickets. The NFL does not sell tickets to travel or ticket agents.

Entries for the random drawing are accepted between Feb. 1 and June 1 of the year preceding the game in question. All ticket requests must be sent via certified or registered mail. Those selected in the random drawing will have the opportunity to purchase two tickets.

Requests for Super Bowl XXXVII at San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium should be sent between Feb. 1 and June 1, 2002 to:

Super Bowl Random Drawing
P.O. Box 16400
Mascoutah, IL 62224-6400

Please note that only one request per address is accepted and must be sent certified or registered mail. All duplicate and nonregistered or certified requests are disregarded. "

Anyone been to a Superbowl? What are the ticket prices like? (I've seen them at auction for thousands of dollars so how much of an investment opportunity is it if you get randomly selected)?:)

Possibly, but by then...

...it'll be too late to buy the ticket at standard prices. It's rip-off city.

(If I made the random drawing I'd be happy to watch the game whether the Phins made it or not - but a little optimism never hurt anyone[patently untrue platitude, but whatyagonnado:) ]).

I actually saw a piece on ESPN.com right after the Super Bowl where the writer purchased his tickets from a scalper minutes before the game for about $25 below face value. While I'm sure this is rare it did happen so I suppose the best way to purchase tickets if you're not one of the lucky few to actually know someone in and/or own a large multinational corperation, is to grab them from the scalpers outside. Since I live in Orange County, CA I'm actually going to give that a shot this year since the "Big Dance" is in San Diego, about an hour and a half from me. It'll be worth a shot at any rate.

All Super Bowl tickets are a lot of money. The cheapest seats are probably around $100 US, which is around 75 pounds, but from those seats you can't see the game very well. I am not sure of this however, and that would be for just one seat. It could be more, it could be less.

Actually, most of the time you're going to pay upwards of $500 but sometimes people get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom