Supplemental Draft will take place on July 11th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Supplemental Draft will take place on July 11th

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
If Charles Sims had been in it, that would've made things interesting. At this point it's going to be one of those things you read about afterwards and say, "Huh? What happened?"

I have a question. If let's say LeBron James decided to become an NFL player, would he go through the supplemental draft? What if a player never went to college? Does that matter? Just wondering.

I have a question. If let's say LeBron James decided to become an NFL player, would he go through the supplemental draft? What if a player never went to college? Does that matter? Just wondering.

I BELIEVE he would be free to sign with any team he chooses. I believe he was already draft eligible after his fourth year post-high school. A team could have drafted him during that year, had they chosen to for whatever reason. Of course, knowing he was a star basketball player and had no REAL designs on football, drafting him would've been no more than a publicity stunt...and the team's rights to him would have expired within a year I believe, but it still could have happened. That means that at this point, he's free to be signed by whatever team can strike a deal with him. Good luck striking a deal with him, though. The man is the best basketball player on earth and he already makes $20 million a year from the NBA. That's elite QB money in the NFL. No team would pay him that. And his basketball endorsements pay him probably a lot more than that $20 million. Those would be reduced if he pulled a Michael Jordan. The thing about pulling a Michael Jordan is you can come off a year and a half in baseball and be no worse for the wear. It's not a physically taxing sport, unless you're a pitcher, or maybe a catcher. Taking two years to play football would physically impact Lebron's ability to come back to the NBA and get back to the top of his game.

It ain't happening and quite frankly I don't know why people even talk about it, outside of sheer boredom. Admittedly, 'tis the time of year for boredom to set in. But even so.

Stonybrook OL Michael Bamiro was thought to be looking to enter the Supplemental Draft but instead is apparently free to sign with teams as an undrafted free agent. He was eligible for the 2013 NFL Draft and teams didn't realize it because his eligibility was in question, so he went undrafted even though some scouts have indicated he has a 5th or 6th round grade.

He's working out for teams this Thursday and will sign with the highest bidder. The Dolphins getting in on that would not only be unsurprising, I actually kind of expect them to.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ble-ncaa-supplemental-draft-free-agent-070813

Bamiro looks like a top quality player for the lower level he plays in. I currently have in my 2nd tier of Senior offensive tackles for the 2014 class.

The teams who watched tape on Miguel Maysonet know who Bamiro is....teams like the Eagles and Browns. He sticks out like a sore thumb at that level. He was obviously expecting to pave the way again this season at Stony Brook for Marcus Coker.

It's a good bid to for teams to get in on. He's a quality tackle with rare size, bend, and athleticism.... most importantly, he doesn't require a draft pick now.

I BELIEVE he would be free to sign with any team he chooses. I believe he was already draft eligible after his fourth year post-high school. A team could have drafted him during that year, had they chosen to for whatever reason. Of course, knowing he was a star basketball player and had no REAL designs on football, drafting him would've been no more than a publicity stunt...and the team's rights to him would have expired within a year I believe, but it still could have happened. That means that at this point, he's free to be signed by whatever team can strike a deal with him. Good luck striking a deal with him, though. The man is the best basketball player on earth and he already makes $20 million a year from the NBA. That's elite QB money in the NFL. No team would pay him that. And his basketball endorsements pay him probably a lot more than that $20 million. Those would be reduced if he pulled a Michael Jordan. The thing about pulling a Michael Jordan is you can come off a year and a half in baseball and be no worse for the wear. It's not a physically taxing sport, unless you're a pitcher, or maybe a catcher. Taking two years to play football would physically impact Lebron's ability to come back to the NBA and get back to the top of his game.

It ain't happening and quite frankly I don't know why people even talk about it, outside of sheer boredom. Admittedly, 'tis the time of year for boredom to set in. But even so.

Yeah I know it is not likely to happen, but I would have said there is less of a chance that the greatest basketball player ever (Jordan) would have left the NBA to go play for the White Sox, and have to play AAA ball before getting a shot at the big leagues. Crazier stuff has happened. I also don't think LeBron is that concerned about how much he makes at this point in his life. He makes more in endorsements than he does playing basketball....just like Tiger, Phil Mickelson, Federer, and others who play sports. Some guys just get bored and decided to do other things. Jim Brown got bored with the NFL and decided to go to Hollywood to be an actor.

The Supplemental Draft has concluded and no players were selected. All of the eligible players are now undrafted free agents.

So nubs we can pick them up now, is there anyone we realy need...........

There are 22 teams present to watch Michael Bamiro work out. No word on if Miami is one of them. Mike Garofalo named 14 of the 22 teams and Miami wasn't one of them. They could be one of the 8 unnamed teams.

I went to high scool with Oj Ross, he's a hell of an athlete cool to see him on the list, even though he probably wont be drafted

Back
Top Bottom