Sure Fire Fix For The Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sure Fire Fix For The Offense

The defense has to face Rodgers, Luck, and Watson on the road in 2018 never mind the divisional opponents. Upgrades are still needed there.

Sure fire fix for this O? easy:

1deba099ce742cf0b99e2fa4440f9bc4.jpg

Even 1 would do

Most mocks that I'm seeing have 4 QBs going in the top 10. I've stated that we should get a QB in round 1 for many reasons. If the QB we like is gone I would love to see the FO get as serious about the offense as they were about the defense last year. We can turn this around and turn a weakness into a strength.

Rond 1-Q. Nelson, G, Notre Dame. Finally, a hulking killer at LG, right next to Tunsil. The left side would would be a force. Forget finesse, let's knock people on their *****!
Round 2-C/G Billy Price, Ohio State- I was begging for Pat Elflien last year but for some reason the FO thought they could win with journey men on the 0-line. That didn;t work out at all. This kid is a plug and play RG and Pouncey's replacement when he's finally finished, with that hip, it could happen any time.
Round 3- TE-T. Fumagalli, Wis- We need a TE who can move the chains, be a safety blanket for RT, block and be a legit seam threat. I love watching this kid play. I see a Whitten kind of athlete who catches literally everything thrown in his direction. In my book, this is a big piece of what the offense lacked last season. The question is, will he be gone, I hope not, watch the Pats draft the kid!!!!!!!!!!!
Round 4-N. Chubb-RB, Georgia-a great steal in the 4th imo. This kid is a perfect complimentary back to pair with Drake.
Round 5-D Goedert-TE, S. Dakota St.-That's right!!!, double up on TE, that's how important the position is, just ask the Pats. 2 star rookie TEs inserted into this line up will be a game changer. We can do all kinds of 2 TE sets etc
In 6 and 7 get a QB, maybe Jake Browning, he had a big career and finished 6th in the Heisman voting. Maybe Gase could groom this kid into a quality back up or who knows.
There's a kid on UCLA, LBer Kenny Young, he's a good player on a crummy defense, he has leadership qualities.

So how does all this better our offense? I'm glad you asked.

QB-R Tannehill/ J Browing
RB-Drake, Chubb, Williams
WR-Landry, Stills, Parker
TE-T Fumagalli, D Goedert, Fasano
LT-Tunsil
LG-Q. Nelson
C-Pouncey
RG-B. Price
RT-J. James or J. Davis

The improvments on the o-line and TE will make this an offense that is tough to stop on the ground. That means we come out in the 1st quarter and assert dominance from the beginning. We power it with Drake and Chubb and then it's play action time! This team is starving for talent on the o-line and TE. I believe that a draft something like this turns those weaknesses into a strength. I'd trade all our picks for Fumagelli, Nelson and Price, these 3 guys make us a much more potent offense, exciting to watch and hard to stop.

The D is pretty stacked with young talent and some real quality young talent coming back from injury. Let's stock the offense the same way and at the same time, keep RT healthy. Our Coach has mad skills on the offensive side of things. Let's build a potent offense for him. Then let's see how he does as a play caller. I suspect he'll kick **!
if we want a decent qb, starter or backup, stop drafting them in Rd 7. Brady was a once in a lifetime at pick 199

Tannchise, I'm with you but if the guy we want at QB is gone I've proposed a plan B that would help the offense right away. Putting future stars at TE and O-Line is imperative if we really expect to put up points. We face brutal d-lines in the AFC East and we are not matching up. Until we have a powerful o-line we're not going to run on the Bills and they're going to keep sweeping us. We can't even hope to pass by the Patriots if the Bills are sweeping us.

Nothing is sure fire in the NFL. We have a habit of boxing ourselves into a corner. Reaching for James, and overpaying for freeagent, our own or other teams. We should go into this offseason with backup plans galore. Having said that I would like to see us pursue safarian Jenkins if relatively cheap. TE’s are weak and usually take a couple years to develop. Take the best players where we draft or trade down to get more picks. Position play should not factor in. If th best player is a guard at 11 take him. This year we should pretend we are doctors and “do no harm”. That means no more bad contracts even if it is for our savior.

I am still of the mindset of getting more picks. If we can find a trade partner we move down in the 1st. Then with a 20ish pick we get a DE or LB with the 1st. We can then use the extra picks for the offense get
our mauler Guard without neglecting the defense. I like the idea of doubling up on offensive line and TE. We need at least 1 more linebacker and DE to hopefully correct some of holes this past year.​

Luckily the qb is getting upgraded.

That's too high for Nelson too, He's not as good as DeCastro was and he fell to 24th..OG don't get drafted like that..Also Davis played great at LG..That needs to be his position for the future.
I agree with this - please don't mess with jesse Davis- the kid is a converted DT and PSquad player with little experience. He finally found a spot and did it well. Don't assume he can play other positions. Allow him improve at RG and pencil him in

Sign me up for that right now.

Nelson and Price back to back picks is literally my dream scenario. That combination of players would help as us out at both OG's spots in 2018 and eventually Price is your starting OC. Adding a receiving TE is a need right after that and Fumagalli is certainly an upgrade over what we've had.

I would absolutely go into the draft trying to get 2 interior OL, 2 TE's and 2 OLB's......and 1 RB.

We need to address the Guard position in FA. I think we can find a decent TE in free agency too but should also draft one. Rookie TEs don't produce right away usually so we need to being in a veteran.

I would prefer to upgrade the LB and DE position through the draft

Tannehill, 4th highest QBR with a clean pocket (all season, probably even better over his last 8 games)

To me it's a no brainer.. upgrade the OL with FAs and draft picks with a history of durability as not the only priority, but one of the top ones.

I appreciate the thought behind this scenario, but I'm all in on the best defensive talent on the board in round one.

Second round, if there's a plug and play starter that you think has All-Pro future potential there at C or G? Yeah, get him. Cole or Price are very highly regarded, I'm OK with going after one of these players in the second round.

But if Derwin James is on the board at 11 and we draft corn, we're all going to lose our minds here. Honestly, even though I think Roquan Smith showed some deficiencies in the championship game, I'd still much rather have him at 11 than another OL.

A 30 year old mobile QB coming off a major knee injury. A offensive line that continues to under perform and show up late in the season....

And people still want to be frugal and just put journeyman and late round talent at those positions?

Oh well, maybe this team continues to be ignorant of protecting its aging QB and 2019 will see a new QB, CS and FO. Which at this point I rather have.

But if they smarten up, and actually build a foundation and identity through the draft for a dominant oline...I'm all in. Until then, this fan base deserves the product we've been served since 1999.

The time is long overdue to bite the bullet and fix the oline via the draft. If we keep getting guys like Ted Larsen there will never be oline dominance. We have to start thinking about pushing the dline back with our power guys, Ted Larsen is depth.

Back
Top Bottom