T.O. drops almost as much as D-Jack | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.O. drops almost as much as D-Jack

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to STATS Inc., T. Owens had 11 drops in 2003 and Darrell Jackson had 12. Looks like the free-agent WR with the most reliable hands is Northcutt..who only had ONE drop in 92 targeted throws.

It's really more of a question of taking some bad with the good. Who can make more game-breaking plays when the game is on the line? We'll see.

Yeah but the thing that matters is, in a crucial situation, who do you trust to GET OPEN and make the play more, Dennis Northcutt or Terrell Owens.

Most certainly its Owens. Sure he had drops this year and has had them sometimes in the past but he breaks games open too and you'll never see Dennis Northcutt doing that. Northcutt was part of a 4 WR rotation in Cleveland that prevents any single guy really from getting doubled consistently. I doubt Northcutt's ever seen a double team.

I agree..I want T.O. if Miami can afford him...It just seems like everyone keeps ripping Jackson for drops when T.O. has trouble with that too. I would love either one..believe me.

I don't know. This past season it seemed that T.O. was responsible for far more drive ending plays than for drive saving plays.

One thing we can all agree on is any of them would be better than Derrius Thompson or McKnight..hands down...Nowhere to go but up.

Although Northcutt doesn't drop as many passes, it would be crazy to say that you'd prefer to have him over TO. I like Northcutt, but I tend to look at him more as a #3/KR than a #2.

I'm all for TO if we can afford him. Darrell Jackson would be my 2nd option, with guys like Bruce and Northcutt 3rd/4th. I'm still all for drafting a WR in the 1st.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Although Northcutt doesn't drop as many passes, it would be crazy to say that you'd prefer to have him over TO. I like Northcutt, but I tend to look at him more as a #3/KR than a #2.

I wasn't trying to say that I wanted Northcutt over the other two. I was just trying to make a point that Northcutt didn't drop nearly as many passes but that doesn't make him a better WR. It was primarily intended for all of the people that were ripping into Darrel Jackson about the drops.

Northcut is younger and hasn't reach his potential not to mention cheaper.Anyone who has seen D.Northcut play and says he will only be #3 should check his vision.

Last edited by a moderator:
i want jackson he is like 25 years old and had 2 very good seasons in a row

actually we can if we dont get brunell, and i suspect we wont.. it's just a matter if that is the best option or not. were probably one of the best in the league at managing our cap situation and spielman said they will be able to get under enough to do some things in FA. I think we would be able to afford him if we wanted him that bad, especially with a creative contract, im just not sure thats the best route yet, exciting to think about nontheless

Whats up guys Im the new kid on the block.If we sure up our QB situation only then would TO be willing.I dont think the issue is gonna be the $ cause the only other suitor that would be really intereseted would be Philly but Reid doesnt want that man so if we seem to sure that spot up then TO would give us some real consideration.I still think for our type offense and the $ involved DJ would fit better and we dont have to worry about his ego getting in the way.

baltimore is interested and has the money, i actually had the falcons as the front runner until they brought in the San Fran coaches, it's a shame too cause TO and Vick coulda been fun to watch

Back
Top Bottom