Tag and Trade thought. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tag and Trade thought.

me4mvp

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Tagging Matt Moore be trade him to the browns? Possibility?

Possible but highly unlikely. The Browns and Moore will have to come to terms with a new contract before that trade would be completed, similar to what New England did with Matt Casell a few years ago. If they don't, we are either stuck with Moore and his $15+ million contract or rescinding the tag and releasing Moore anyways.

If all these teams want Sean Smith supposedly, why not tag him?

Yeah might as well tag Long/Smith/Starks. Nobody is really going to pay Moore that much.

IMO no one will trade for him they would call our bluff. I say let the man choose his next team he was a class act while he was here.

No

just......no

HIS salary isn't that much. But it's not about what he's currently making. A tag is a tag. If you tag Matt Moore or you tag Tom Brady, it's the same salary

Tagging is risky because of you don't find a trade partner, you are stuck with a guaranteed salary. A high one at that.

The other option would be to, not tag, but SIGN at a "higher-than-backup" but on the low side of "starter" pay, and then try and trade.
Not sure if there are salary cap implications after the trade or not.

The other option would be to, not tag, but SIGN at a "higher-than-backup" but on the low side of "starter" pay, and then try and trade.
Not sure if there are salary cap implications after the trade or not.

The cap hit would be subjective to his signing bonus.

Who would trade for him if you gave him a franchise tag?? You realize the other team would have to assume the salary, and at that point Matt Moore would have NO reason to want to renegotiate the franchise tag.

I think Randy Starks is worth tagging. However it would be better to get him to agree to a multi-year deal then trade his away. The DL is our strength.

Back
Top Bottom