Talent? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talent?

robisok

Active Roster
Reaction score
I had some time this weekend and looked through the PFF player rankings for each team. With 60.0 being their average number, Miami had the least number of "above average players" in the league (23). For comparison, Baltimore had the most (36), Philadelphia had 35 and New England had 32. Even Cleveland had 27!

How will the Dolphins get more talent? Injured players returning, coaching up players on the roster? Or just do a fire sale and start from scratch?

That’s what a combination of poor drafting and poor coaching does for you .... look at the last 10 years.

You can’t make up for that with clearing your roster and bringing in new ‘big $$$ free agents’ ....

We have colossally failed in draft selection, free agent acquisition AND coaching selections for far too long. We can still hope that is changing ... and after this season we will know for sure!!!!

I had some time this weekend and looked through the PFF player rankings for each team. With 60.0 being their average number, Miami had the least number of "above average players" in the league (23). For comparison, Baltimore had the most (36), Philadelphia had 35 and New England had 32. Even Cleveland had 27!

How will the Dolphins get more talent? Injured players returning, coaching up players on the roster? Or just do a fire sale and start from scratch?
We're already at scratch.

Not enough info. For starters, if you have time, how many Miami players ranked in the bottom quartile? I'm far more concerned about BAD players.
As for Miami's talent, I presume they didn't count McMillan or Lippett. Doubt they counted Tannehill. We can argue over 'above average' (some will), or the 'potential' of McMillan, but denying any talent is evidence of an agenda. Just about anyone with a pulse can upgrade Thomas and Bushrod. Was Malveaux graded? I'm guessing the numbers you provide include STs, since I doubt Miami has 23 starters and Cleveland 27 ranked 'above average.' Even then, Cleveland's 27 means about half their roster was 'above average.' I highly doubt that. And if's the team average is 30 (a reasonable guess), over half the league is above average, meaning ALL starters and a few STs.
Now, I'm not arguing Miami has a lot of 'above average' talent, nor am I arguing all names I listed above are or will be 'above average,' BUT I'm struggling with the methodology. Personally, I'd expect above average to be no more than 15-17, even for top teams.

Back
Top Bottom