Tank Carradine clocks 4.75 forty at Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Geforce, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

135 days post knee surgery, FSU defensive end Tank Carradine runs a 4.75 in the 40 during a workout for teams
    https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/325681018755502082

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...days-pro-day-workout-20130420,0,3921954.story

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
  2. Fintastic2124

Fintastic2124 A True Fan

That shows me he's been working hard. Shows heart. I love rooting for these guys

3. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

That's impressive.

4. hoops

hoops exited stage left

no doubt...very

5. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Carradine is apparently working with the same people who helped Adrian Peterson.

I cant recall the groups(surgeon/rehab) name, but they are set up in Texas. And about to be making ridiculous amounts of well deserved money from all the new business success stories like those two will be bringing in.

To think, a knee injury destroyed Terrell Davis' career. Now players are bouncing back this quickly. Just amazing.

6. Blancgary911

Blancgary911 Well-Known Member

Now the next question is do we draft him in the first round

7. Canadi-Phin

Canadi-Phin I hate everyone else in the AFC East

I think I would take him in the first. He's got all the tools to be great.

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

headed into the top 20 folks...another guy like hayden you either take at #12 or very close or miss out...

9. hoops

hoops exited stage left

damn 1.63 10 yard split 4 months after shredding a knee...wow...that kids a freak

yeah give me him or hayden at #12...end of story

10. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 A True Fan

According to PFT we didn't even have a scout there which strikes me as odd

11. hoops

hoops exited stage left

strikes me as damn dumb...i hope they didn't scratch him for medical...

12. scottieUK

scottieUK Starter

I really, really want this guy at 12. He will turn out to be the best pass rusher in this draft. Imagine him lined up opposite Wake, scary! We can get a corner with our second pick, which I think will be a trade back into the bottom of the 1st.

13. hoops

hoops exited stage left

the most impressive number is the 1.63 10 yard split...usually with an acl the last thing to come back is your burst and explosion...we are talking about less than 5 months post op here...and he's clocking low 1.6's...makes me think he's a tenth faster in that split time fully healthy...

the only concern i see here other than medical is this guys got one year of high end production and tape...but he's too explosive and burst athlete and bends well and flattens and closes to the football for me to think this is much risk...best looking of the prototype 43 de's pass rush wise i saw on tape...gets a little upright off the ball sometimes and thus loses the leverage battle but i think that's more about coaching and technique and can be easily corrected...

14. MiamiDolphin618

Agreed...that very well could be. I honestly just don't think they are looking too hard at 3-down DE's that are going to go in the 1st round...which isn't smart but I just think thats the way they are looking at it. They seem to be more interested in the Cory Lemonier, Washington, Taylor types who are going to be situational guys at first.

15. hoops

hoops exited stage left

there's no reason miami couldn't use this guy as a situational rusher though either early on...he's got the explosion tools and burst to be a very good fit there...strikes me if miami is not interested they want to use the top pick at least somewhere else and get a value pass rusher later...ie the 3rd round like you said a cornelius washington a devin taylor etc...

i don't hate that idea i like the value of it but still it's hard to pass up every down premium talent for situational down the line...i guess they want to make sure vernon gets his snaps...and i get that as well...him and shelby do deserve to be in the rotation...

16. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

Carradine is a freak.....everyone knew that. This will only help his cause getting drafted b/c it shows how quickly he is healing. I still like Werner better as a pure football player. Carradine has ridiculous upside though, he's just really raw as a football player. He gets killed in the run game b/c he plays high and he needs to get quicker off the snap.

17. hoops

hoops exited stage left

werners ceiling is much lower than carradines...carradines a pup...only scratched the surface...agreed though that he needs to get off the ball better which he obviously can do given his burst time 5 months post op and he will be a liability vs the run early on while he works on his technique and not becoming so erect after the snap...

probably headed for a rotational 43 de and situational pass rusher role as a rookie while he works on his technique and leverage and gets coached up...but in 2 years i see every down high end de...and difference maker

18. MiamiDolphin618

Very true...I think they are going CB in the first. (Unless they are willing to trade up for a LT). Another reason why they might not be in on Carradine is the fact that although he's moving really well right now...there is still a question as to whether he is going to be ready to suit up early on in the year. Ireland is in win now mode...and especially with the juggernaut of QBs we play right off the bat if we take a 1st round DE he better be ready to contribute week 1.

19. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Most teams won't change their draft boards at all from last week forward. This pro day for Carredine may or may not change his placement, but teams already have an idea what to do. I heard today from an NFL guy that no teams that are smart are changing anything until draft day. They may put indicators on guys but the rankings are the rankings.

20. Lovethefish

Lovethefish Well-Known Member

Best DE end prospect in 4-3 scheme hands down,,,, picking him at #12 would be tremendous value and fills an immediate need opposite Wake... I hope to fish don't miss the boat on this one...
    #12 Carradine (not jumping on bandwagon now, have been on it for months)
    Can fill CB, RB, OG, WR with pics 2a, 3a,b, 4..
    Trade 2b for Albert.. Don't love the move, but I believe it's best option.. DO NOT like the idea of moving up for a OT at the cost of #12 + pick 2a..

Carradine + Albert > Lane Johnson....

21. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

That's what I was looking at.

22. j-off-her-doll

Carradine should go #1 or #2. Jacksonville would be stupid to pass on him.

23. j-off-her-doll

Where are the people who said Carradine isn't in Ansah's class?

24. PhinsTD

PhinsTD Phins fanatic

FWIW, Rob Rang is reporting that his time was actually 4.92 and not 4.75 as reported.

That's a really big difference, but it's the 10 yard time that needs to be verified and means a great deal more to me.

25. adrianbello360

adrianbello360 Active Member

But do you really want to spend 12 overall on a situational player for a yr or two? I understand he is an astounding athlete but I think with the medical history he will fall to 42. He is TOO much of a risk at 12, especially for someone who won't fully contribute for 2 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26. PhinsTD

PhinsTD Phins fanatic

No chance he gets out of the 1st round IMO. Teams draft pass rushers higher and higher each year because the most important thing in football outside of having a QB is making the opponent's QB uncomfortable.

27. blitzhappy

blitzhappy Well-Known Member

Tank is not a situational player! He will be a 3 down end.

28. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Just made himself a lock in the first round.

Trade down with Cowboys.... GET CARRADINE.

29. Keeno1

Keeno1 Well-Known Member

I doubt it. They traded up for Miller last year who was coming off injury. I know they met with Tank at the combine too. IMO, all they really needed to know were his times to know that the knee was better. His film speaks for itself.
    As an aside, if I recall correctly, they didn't send a rep to Jake Long's workout either. I remember that because I believe Armando wrote a column saying he doubted he was the 1st pick that year. Not saying Tank will be the pick, but that it's difficult to read much into these things.

30. Keeno1

Keeno1 Well-Known Member

My bad. . . found the old article. They sent one rep. Had a private workout with Long too. At any rate, I wouldn't get too worked up about them not sending a rep. I do know MIA has met with him and these pre-draft meetings have not meant much under Ireland.

31. mia4ever

mia4ever Pro Bowler

Well I'm not ..
    But I think you guys are overrating Tank
    While Tank has a great motor and he stay after the play

Rushing the passer VS elite OT in College Carradine was little to no factor in the game (oddly) until 4th quarter

where he was allow to tee off on the QB......

I don't want Tank in the 1st round but maybe 2nd or 3rd round

32. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yeah but whats the difference b/t jake long and tank carradine??? the former wasn't coming off a major injury...it strikes me as pretty dumb to no show at a top pass rushers pro day workout prior to the draft...you would think you'd want to see how he moves and how fluid he looks etc 5 months post op...

and i don't buy any teams already have their boards locked down stuff either...not on guys with medical questions...i'm sure the grade on carradine is a fluid situation after his workout yesterday and most teams probably have him ascending if he showed well which seems to be the indication...

wouldn't surprise me if mayock started talking 11-20 pick stuff with carradine this week like he did dj hayden last week after he gets some of the scoop from scouts and front office reps etc...

33. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Carradine is overrated IMO.

The more I think about the DE position, the more I think we could find a guy later in this draft who ends up being just as good.

34. j-off-her-doll

Who?

35. hoops

hoops exited stage left

scuttlebutt that carradine will not be a full go come training camp and may effect how soon he's drafted...

36. MiamiDolphin618

Exactly...and that is the reason I don't think he is in play for us at 12. Now maybe he is someone we would consider trading back into the late 1st for (which I would most certainly try if he falls into the 20s)...but I just don't think Ireland takes someone that may or may not be able to play week 1. Unfortunate because I think Carradine is the best DE in the class

37. MiamiDolphin618

Also hearing we have some serious interest in Arthur Brown...who I really really like in the 2nd round...although Im not seeing it as a huge need.

38. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if he gets there...i targeted him with pick #42 in my targets thread and i'm a big fan...a slightly less explosive lavonte david but a lot of late round 1 buzz there...good football player...instinctual...but with wheeler and ellerbe not sure i see where he fits in...not a solb either a weak or a mike

39. MiamiDolphin618

Yeah don't see him as a SOLB either. Maybe they would be looking at playing one of the others at SOLB. Who knows...but I could certainly see him off the board by 42