Tannehill # 1 pick in this years draft! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill # 1 pick in this years draft!

I love all these "scouts" on here. Tannehill could turn out to be great or he could suck! All the OP is saying is that given how Tanny played in college last year IF he were in this years draft he would be the top qb. How the hell does anyone know how good he will be? He wasn't even supposed to start this season...how can you possibly say how good he is GOING to be! Too many of you sound like Omar.lol

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Seriously? What possibly in ONE season leads you to that conclusion? This is a completely ridiculous and baseless statement! SMH
Doesn't see the entire field, mediocre accuracy and poor pocket awareness.

No the OP is saying he agrees with the article that Tanny would be the #1 pick in the draft this year. It's laughable.

What did I say that needed you to verify or correct what I said? Read my post again. Also, the idea that Tannehill could be the #1 overall pick if he were in this draft is not laughable. It is a very realistic possibility. This year's group isn't all that great and Tannehill likely grades out higher than most if not all at the QB position.

What did I say that needed you to verify or correct what I said? Read my post again. Also, the idea that Tannehill could be the #1 overall pick if he were in this draft is not laughable. It is a very realistic possibility. This year's group isn't all that great and Tannehill likely grades out higher than most if not all at the QB position.

I did read it. However, the OP's point of posting this thread was to annoint him the #1 draft pick if he came out this year. He's doing it to dig for a silver lining among another mediocre season this franchise had. You tried to make it about just the QB's, but that's not what the OP is saying at all. He could've very well regressed like Matt Barkley. You think people expected his fall off? Course not. That's why it's pointless to automatically suggest anyone would've been guaranteed top pick in the draft had they stayed.

prob be clowney if he declares, as bad as the chiefs need a QB, and we would've had another season with moore with about an identical record, and we would've been looking at drafting aaron murray this year, i was on his jock last year and wanted us to bypass drafting a til murray declared. im not complaining about tannehill but dont see him as a full on hit #1 pick, nor any other qbs that are coming out this year

prob be clowney if he declares, as bad as the chiefs need a QB, and we would've had another season with moore with about an identical record, and we would've been looking at drafting aaron murray this year, i was on his jock last year and wanted us to bypass drafting a til murray declared. im not complaining about tannehill but dont see him as a full on hit #1 pick, nor any other qbs that are coming out this year

Too bad Clowney can't declare. Now that would be the top consensus among most people's board. Can't wait for him to be in the 2014 draft. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/nfl-draft-rules-a-bad-deal-for-jadeveon-clowney/

Agreed. Its so comical to read these premature 'expert analyses' from the armchair QB club.

Well that's kind of the point of having message boards. I consider myself a homer but I see red flags with Tannehill. Are we supposed to lie?

Accuracy I will give you. The other two, no way! His pocket awareness was a strength and you have no idea if he sees the entire field unless you study the film every game. I watched every game just like most on here, there is no way you could possibly tell what he was seeing. Does he lock on to one receiver on occasion? Of course, all qbs do at times. THE GUY IS A ROOKIE who came into the league with a limited resume. I have no idea how Tannehill will turn out....but to pigeon hole someone after one season is completely and utterly ridiculous. Given the circumstances, Tannehill performed pretty solid in my opinion and while he obviously needs to improve, he played pretty well overall!

Tannehill was a Senior when he was drafted, he had no eligibility left to stay another year in college. But Yes, if he was able to be drafted in 2013, he would have had a chance, to be the 1st QB off the board.

Dude please.... You Fin Fans are reaching the level of Jet fans after Sanchez's two AFC Championship games..How about we wait till this guy does something...i.e
1. Win more games than he loses
2. Throw for more touchdowns than interceptions
3. Make better decisions
4. Become more accurate
5. Lead us to the playoffs

Relax and enjoy the ride and stop crowning dude the next Marino

Did you even read the post? Where did the OP suggest anything that even remotely related to comparing RT to Marino, or anything you are mentioning in your post? Talk about, "Dude please"...

Doesnt see the entire field - Eh thats debatable
Mediocre accuracy - Would like to see a higher completion percentage and some of his throws were off but it would be nice if the receivers could catch balls that hit them in the hands or chest. With that completion %age is certainly a skewed number.
Poor pocket awareness - Definitely wrong here. He has tremendous pocket awareness.

Agreed. Its so comical to read these premature 'expert analyses' from the armchair QB club.

So you have no opinions on the QB position, the OL, DL, WR, CB, LB, S, RB.... positions? Not sure what the point of being on a forum is if you have no opnions.

In Finheaven no negative opinions allowed, just worship Mr. 7-9 Ireland and everything that he has done.

Ryan Tannehill has poor pocket awareness, that's funny.

He's no Andrew Luck, but that's not a knock on him. Go back and watch some plays from Matt Moore last year and then compare them to Tannehill under pressure this year. One guy has 'pocket presence' and the other does not.

The OP is comparing Tannehill to this years crop of quarterbacks in the draft. Compared to those coming out now, Tannehill most likely would be the first quarterback off the board. With the Chiefs likely going QB at #1, Tannehill probably would be the #1 overall pick in 2013.

I agree and there would be a thousand posts as to why we should trade up to get him.

Back
Top Bottom