Tannehill better than Cam Newton? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill better than Cam Newton?

umpjacked

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill has had a promising start to his career, much like Cam Newton did last season, but Tannehill is going to live up to his potential—unlike the man who calls himself "Superman".
Tannehill has the skillset to thrive in the NFL for a long time, and as we've already seen with the Miami Dolphins, he possesses that little "extra something" that makes his teammates better.
Consider this: Tannehill came within one yard of Newton's rookie passing record in Week 4 on the road against the Arizona Cardinals when he threw for 431 yards against the same defense that stifled Tom Brady and Michael Vick in the teams' two previous games.
The biggest kicker here is the lack of skill Tannehill has to work with at the wide receiver position. Unlike Newton, who had Steve Smith, Tannehill's No. 1 option is Brian Hartline—a guy who only had four career touchdown catches before his breakout game against the Cardinals.

Newton plays with absolutely no discipline. He also doesn't pay attention to the little details that make good quarterbacks great. His footwork is terrible, his decision making is always suspect, and if he doesn't change soon, he's never going to live up to his potential.
Tannehill, on the other hand, is just starting to get into his groove as a quarterback. He isn't blessed with the same level of athleticism as Newton, so he is actually learning how to become a pocket quarterback—something that will pay dividends for him in the long run.
He stands tall in the pocket and waits for his receivers to work themselves open—displaying uncommon poise under pressure.

Another reason Tannehill will live up to his potential is that he has an offensive-minded head coach—unlike Newton. Joe Philbin understands how to develop quarterbacks, whereas Ron Rivera doesn't have the first clue.
Tannehill's career trajectory is going straight up.
Newton's, on the other hand, is falling flat.
Once the Dolphins acquire some real weapons for him to work with, Tannehill is going to become a perennial Pro-Bowl quarterback.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...annehill-to-live-up-to-promise-of-rookie-year

OK, I think everyone needs to chill out a bit. Tannehill is looking good, but he might still have some stinker games coming up. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I agree with this. Cam needs to grow up and be more of a leader. I live in NC and thats what everyone around here complains about Cam Newton. I think the panthers are like 1-12 when Cam has a turn over. Once Cam plays bad, its like it all goes down hill. And I dont think Cam has had a game where he led Carolina back from behind to win a game, no fourth quarter comeback wins yet. His Leadership is very suspect and Tannehill definitely shows better leadership already and Tannehill displays better knowledge of defenses and changing plays.

Bottom line: Cam could rely on his natural talents in College but can't do that in the NFL.

OK, I think everyone needs to chill out a bit. Tannehill is looking good, but he might still have some stinker games coming up. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Without a doubt he is going to make several more rookie mistakes all year long, but overall there is so much to be excited by with Tannehill. That was just his 4th NFL start and he tore up the Cards D! :)

I too have seen enough of Tanney in 4 games to determine that he will be a great one.

:lol: I have never seen such man-love as there is for Tannehill.

it's way too soon to say but either way, Cam ain't all that if you're measuring by "scoreboard"! He's 7-13, with better weapons and his legs ..not to mention a coach who cares with only 3 more TDs than Ints. Hell Matt Moore as a starter on much worse versions of The Panthers is 5-5 with a lame duck burnt out coach. Cam just looks flashy being mediocre. So the answer to that is "no it's too soon but hopefully Tannehill will turn out to be a much superior QB to Newton , make his mediocre team better than Newton has and not steal any laptops along the way!

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

:lol: I have never seen such man-love as there is for Tannehill.

I have: all the knob slobbering over Luck.

newton is too stupid and immature to ever be a great qb.

stupid01-1.gif

It is way too early to be giving Tanney the crown as Marino's Heir, he looks great so far but the season is not over and many qb's like Cam regress some in their 2nd years. I hope Ryan turns out to be as good as it looks like he can be but I will reserve judgement one way or another for a bit.

how about we wait untill we find out if tanny can do a good job of being the next ryan tannehill before we worry about him being the next marino. On a side not i just got new fins gear and it rocks.

Ever watch ESPN talking Tom Brady? John Madden and Brett Favre?

True, but two of them have earned it...

Brady = 5 Super Bowls, 3 SB victories, 126-37 win-loss record, 307-116 TD-int ratio, 41,206 yards, 96.5 QB rating

Favre = 2 Super Bowls, 1 SB victory, 186-112 win-loss record, 508-336 TD-int ratio, 71,838 yards, 86.0 QB rating

One hasn't...

Tannehill = 0 Super Bowls, 0 SB victories, 1-3 win-loss record, 2-6 TD-int ratio, 1,046 yards, 66.4 QB rating

I am all for Tannehill getting love, but I just think he should EARN it first.

Tannehill is already better than Newton. Why? Because he's not a giant ****.

Back
Top Bottom