Tannehill better than Cam Newton? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill better than Cam Newton?

it's way too soon to say but either way, Cam ain't all that if you're measuring by "scoreboard"! He's 7-13, with better weapons and his legs ..not to mention a coach who cares with only 3 more TDs than Ints. Hell Matt Moore as a starter on much worse versions of The Panthers is 5-5 with a lame duck burnt out coach. Cam just looks flashy being mediocre. So the answer to that is "no it's too soon but hopefully Tannehill will turn out to be a much superior QB to Newton , make his mediocre team better than Newton has and not steal any laptops along the way!

It's ironic to criticize Cam for being flashy but mediocre when Tannehill is flashy but only has two passing TD's and a single win.

It's ironic to criticize Cam for being flashy but mediocre when Tannehill is flashy but only has two passing TD's and a single win.

Actually what's more ironic is the anti-Tannehill rainmen, either because they're still whacking off to Luck or Ryan, or have their tools embedded deeply in Moore, disingenuously trying to compare a rookie
*who just had the best under pressure performance record in 4 years against one of the premier defenses in the league
*while throwing for over 400 yards
*in his ****ing 4th game,
*conscientiously putting in the time to get better,
*working with limited skilled resources

with a prima dona who wants to be an "entertainer" starting last season something like 2-10, sporting a career .350 winning percentage with a decent team over 20 games. Man on man, that's as transparent as an unpixelated Michelle Ryan cooter shot!

Can you say anti-Fins, anti-Tannehill's success "hater agenda?" (same difference)

Actually what's more ironic is the anti-Tannehill rainmen, either because they're still whacking off to Luck or Ryan, or have their tools embedded deeply in Moore, disingenuously trying to compare a rookie
*who just had the best under pressure performance record in 4 years against one of the premier defenses in the league
*while throwing for over 400 yards
*in his ****ing 4th game,
*conscientiously putting in the time to get better,
*working with limited skilled resources

*still lost the game because of two turnovers, one late in the 4th and the other in ot pretty much sealing the loss

It's not anti-Tannehill to be anti-annointing. Let's see him actually win a close game first.

it's way too soon to say but either way, Cam ain't all that if you're measuring by "scoreboard"! He's 7-13, with better weapons and his legs ..not to mention a coach who cares with only 3 more TDs than Ints. Hell Matt Moore as a starter on much worse versions of The Panthers is 5-5 with a lame duck burnt out coach. Cam just looks flashy being mediocre. So the answer to that is "no it's too soon but hopefully Tannehill will turn out to be a much superior QB to Newton , make his mediocre team better than Newton has and not steal any laptops along the way!

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I have: all the knob slobbering over Luck.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha your Nostradamus Paper is hilarious!

OK, I think everyone needs to chill out a bit. Tannehill is looking good, but he might still have some stinker games coming up. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Since when is declaring a QB to be better than Cam Newton considered "getting ahead of ourselves"? Cam Newton ****ing blows. Geez. I would hope you consider Tannehill better than Newton. If he isnt, were in ****ing trouble.

ha ha...newton blows huh wv...:rolleyes2: cause you never endorsed him i take it...

leave it to bleacher report to throw out some really assanine definitive statements 4 games into a rookie season no less...

I will stick with Tannehill. I like substance over flash. I prefer someone who is a leader over someone who sulks on the bench when he is having a bad game. Hope Cam enjoys thumping his chest, all of the commercials, and pretending to be Superman or whatver it is that he does.

ha ha...newton blows huh wv...:rolleyes2: cause you never endorsed him i take it...

leave it to bleacher report to throw out some really assanine definitive statements 4 games into a rookie season no less...

Nah. He blows because he isnt very good. He turns the ball over on the reg. Fumbles way too often. His intermediate passing is hot garbage.

I never endorsed him thats for sure. I get the feeling you did though.

nothng against tannehill but 35 tds as a rookie...yeah he's not on that kind of pace...

i do think we have a franchise qb though...but banging on cam newton now is just bull ****...that kid can play and he's gonna be making plays and a franchise cornerstone for carolina for the next decade...

there's definitely things about tanny's game i like more though right now...the decision making i mean that's about as good as it gets to date...

It seems there are quite a few people out there that are rooting for Cam Newton to fail. Why? It's not like he plays for a division rival. I don't get it.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Ryan Tannehill is going to be a good QB and I believe Cam Newton is as well.

*still lost the game because of two turnovers, one late in the 4th and the other in ot pretty much sealing the loss

It's not anti-Tannehill to be anti-annointing. Let's see him actually win a close game first.

*kicker or DBs did there jobs and there'd be no ****ing OT. Oh did I say 4th game, best performance under pressure since '08 and 400yds? Oh did I mention 4th start ever? Not 20th. 6 interceptions but 3 in the last 3 games. In their last 3 games: Flacco (3), Dalton (3), Luck(4), Rivers(6), Bradford(4), Brees(3), Cutler(3), Eli(4), Newton(3), Romo(7), Russel Wilson(3). Last I looked, with the exception of Wilson and Luck, these are experienced QBs beyond their 4th games, most with WRs like Steve Smith, Bryant, Green, Gates, Marshall, etc. But if based on your agenda you wanna also count the first game ever in the enemy territory of '12 second best pass defense and #1 batted ball defense iwhile ignoring the improvement since, then that says more about you than it does T17,.

I don't understand it, but if you get your jollies rooting against the most promising QB we've had under center since #13 because he's not your choice, then knock yourself out.

It seems there are quite a few people out there that are rooting for Cam Newton to fail. Why? It's not like he plays for a division rival. I don't get it.---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Ryan Tannehill is going to be a good QB and I believe Cam Newton is as well.
IN before someone says because he is black. Which Im pretty sure is what youre either suggesting or looking for someone to answer with.

But, thats all BS. I can list some obvious reasons as to why people dont like Cam.

1) He stole laptops. Pretty pathetic. Shows his character.

2) Everyone knows his dad shopped him around to colleges.

3) The whole Superman thing. That ridiculous endzone thing he does. When he did that trailing by a ton of points late in a game, it just demonstrates how he markets himself and puts that ahead of the team. This may lend itself to going 6-10. Put up nice stats and still lose games on the reg.

Also, the whole Superman thing is so played. Shaq, Dwight Howard, countless other players, the whole Batman and Robin **** whenever 2 good players are on a team together. Just the whole comic book hero act. Its ****ing played already.

4) Labeling himself as an "Icon and an Entertainer". Again, points to how he wants to market himself. But, selling himself is not something he ever did before the NFL. :err: Hey, there is nothing wrong with marketing yourself and trying to get your money up, but some wonder if this is sometimes done at the teams expense.

5) His whole demenor. Towel on his head etc etc.. People dont like a lot of that ****.

So there you go. Now before anyone else wants to throw the race thing out there just because its so easy to do that, ask yourself why so many people seem to not like Jay Cutler. Has to be because he is black..... right? Cant be about his play or his attitude. Because he has proven much more as a player in this league than Newton has so far. If Jay Cutler were white, he wouldnt get so much hate.

Edit: Oh, and Deion Sanders dosent help much either. Cam being dramatically overrated by the media also has no effect on why people hate on him.

Back
Top Bottom