Tannehill doesnt know the divisions and whos in them

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nawledge, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

Now before u guys come in here with ur sarcastic bs comments saying who cares ur making a big deal out of nothing or whatever I was just posting it up for discussion. I personally thought it was kind of sad but funny at the same time. Matt moore couldn't believe it, he's like "r u serious?" after tannehill said the giants were nfc north and chiefs were in the nfc east.

2. petefins

petefins Go DOLPHINS

I'm almost certain he focused all his spare Time watching NCAA opponents and could care less about the NFL divisions and who won them until He entered the NFL. It's not a big deal.

3. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

It is actually shocking. The guy never followed pro football in his life?

4. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

How many people do you think know the structure of the company they work? Especially if it's multi-regional. Further, As long as he's familiar with his opponents, thennnnnnnn?....

5. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

I didn't say it was a big deal

6. BenchFiedler

BenchFiedler Undrafted Pro-Bowler

What does this has to do with his performance on the field!!!

7. ANUFan

He didn't say he "never" followed pro football.

8. chrispepper

chrispepper Well-Known Member

I agree with him though, the divisional system Is retarded.

9. Canuck Phin Fan

Canuck Phin Fan Well-Known Member

Who cares. As long as he knows the playbook and gameplay, he is golden in my books

10. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

I still have issues remembering which opponents are in the AFC North and South sometimes, and I've followed football since I was an embryo.

(Of course, I grew up with the East, Central, and West imprinted on my brain, and Tannehill is about 15 years younger than me, so there's that.)

11. BringBackDan13

BringBackDan13 Well-Known Member

I found it funny more than anything else. Doesn't make any difference to his performance or anything...just makes him look a little clumsy.

12. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

not a big issue. Matt Light, who recently retired, said the first pro game he ever watched was his first career game after being drafted by the Pats.

13. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

More people don't know what NFL teams are in what division than do. That's just reality.

Especially if you grow up in Texas or the deep south. Professional football is mostly irrelevant throughout these regions. High school football and college football has always been what these folks are more involved with going back 100 years.

Tannehill is a born and raised Texas kid who grew up without focusing much on the NFL or it's structure.

14. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

Why is it sad??? His focus is on the football field where it should be. It's not an indication he isn't intelligent (which isn't in doubt in his case). It just means he hasn't paid attention to something that hasn't impacted or affected him to this point in his life. Nothing wrong with that. It is kind of funny though.

15. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

Didn't they just build a $60 million high school stadium somewhere in Texas that required voters to approve a bond referendum??? I think I heard something like 65% of voters approved the referendum. High school football is life in some Texas towns.

16. GCD960

GCD960 A True Fan

A lot of athletes don't follow sports - even their own.

I could see their mentality being: f@!$k watching - I'm going to play

As long as he knows who the Jets are (or aren't for that matter)

17. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

Not so much sad as in a pathetic unintelligent sense, I guess sad was the wrong word to use. Like I said in my original post I don't think its a big deal at all I was just posting it up for discussion

18. claytonduper

claytonduper Starter

As long he knows where the blitz is coming from, I care less about his knowledge about the NFC.

19. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

Not so much sad as in a pathetic unintelligent sense, I guess sad was the wrong word to use. Like I said in my original post I don't think its a big deal at all I was just posting it up for discussion

20. TedSlimmJr

Yep. That high school stadium is nicer than some of the dumps NFL teams play in. Like I said, high school football and college football is king in these regions and cultures. Always has been and always will be. I know because I've been part of it for almost 50 years.

21. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

I thought it was an interesting scene. Moore was giving Tanny **** about that (lightheartedly). You can see why teamates like Moore. He has a great attitude and seems fun to be around. He'll have no problem finding a job after his pro career. It won't happen, but I wish we could sign him to stick around as the backup QB. He's really the perfect 2nd string QB, but the reality in this league is there are enough QB hungry teams that he'll have a chance to start for a lesser team somewhere.

22. ChambersWI

Off Topic, but here's to a good game Saturday Slimm (I'm a Michigan fan) I think the game will be closer than the experts are saying, but I'm not expecting a win.

23. TedSlimmJr

Should be a good one. I think Coach Hoke is an ideal fit for Michigan and I really like the job Coach Mattison has done with the defense. I have Michigan playing for the Big-10 title this year. I think you Michigan fans are in for a big season.

24. ANUFan

Strange, considering the need to make a Thread about it!

25. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

Won't lie I have issues remembering too. I know what teams are together in divisions but not always what division they belong to.

Example: Cowboys, Skins, Eagles, Giants..... 99% sure they are NFC East. I hope?

26. ANUFan

You would think that, But look how NFL.com is trying to spin it.

27. ChambersWI

biggest issues right now are DL (Aside from Roh, Campbell nobody else in our lineup or ration have really gotten meaningful time) and WR (Losing a lot of height, top 3 WRs include a 5'10 Roundtree and 2 5'8 players in Gallon and DiLeo). For once, we don't have issues at LB or secondary.

28. bobw999

bobw999 A True Fan

Cowboys are NFC East, but Dallas is more south than east. It would make more sense to put Dallas in the NFC South and Carolina in the NFC East, but the divisions are set up to maintain decades old rivalries.

29. RockyMtnPhinfan

RockyMtnPhinfan A True Fan Donator

I thought it was pretty funny, and so did Matt Moore- jesus he was getting a good laugh off of it.

30. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Uh, a lot actually. You'd better damn well know who you're facing in your own division twice a year and what kind of defenses they run. You'd better figure it out quick.

I want my QB to know EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING. I don't want Tannehill pulling McNabb type nonsense. Learn your division. Learn those opponents. Know those rosters up and down. Who try are. How to spell their names. Where they're from. What school try attended. Where their Momma lives. KNOW IT.

31. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

Not to make excuses but the way some divisions are set up are completely wack.

You would think the AFC East would NOT include the Dolphins. Same way the NFC East would NOT include the Cowboys.

Going by mapping locations one would think the (Dolphins, Jags, Bucs, Falcons) would be one division, while (Giants, Jets, Pats, Eagles) would be another. Or (Chargers, Raiders, Seahwaks, Cardinals) etc etc......

32. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

I would think that he would have followed or modeled his game after some professional quarterback. Brady modeled himself after Montana. Please tell me that Tannehill knows more than just good college quarterbacks.

33. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

Its refreshing that Tannehill just wants to play. He probably doesnt know about who the great CB's and safteties are either, and he wont be playing scared because of it.

34. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

The fact that Matt Moore was laughing at the guy should tell you how unusual it for a starting NFL QB to not even know what conferences/divisions the other teams are in....

It is sad/stupid, but not a big deal. He will learn them eventually, hell I knew that at like 10 years old!! before the realignment when it made evn less geographical sense.

35. ANUFan

So from that segment you got the impression that he has NO IDEA that he will be playing against the Bills, Patriots and Jets? Cool!

36. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

It's a shame the players the Dolphins have on their roster and their coaches aren't as perfect as all the posters here on Finheaven. None of you make mistakes, you know every answer to every question, you're all basically flawless...admittedly I fall short of Finheaven standards. I'm not perfect, I get things wrong and I don't have all the answers.

But I do wonder...how does Tannehill knowing all the divisions in the NFL and the teams in them make him a better QB? I'm hoping one of you perfect Finheaven posters can tell me.

37. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

He said he didnt know "all the conferences in the NFL". Come on, he has to be joking, seriously...

38. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

So from that post you think I said he has no idea who he's playing. Cool.

Im placing emphasis on our QB knowing everything about everyone. That's it. Ignorant QBs will find themselves without a job quickly.

39. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

Brett Farve didnt know Vontae Davis' name when Minnesota played us a few years ago.

40. ANUFan

Let's see:

"Uh, a lot actually. You'd better damn well know who you're facing in your own division twice a year and what kind of defenses they run. You'd better figure it out quick."

I'm not sure how else that can be interpreted. I would much rather he knows everything about "what's directly in his face" our division and non division games. We can save knowing everything about "all" the other teams until we're in the position to face them....