Tannehill doesnt know the divisions and whos in them | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill doesnt know the divisions and whos in them

Not to make excuses but the way some divisions are set up are completely wack.

You would think the AFC East would NOT include the Dolphins. Same way the NFC East would NOT include the Cowboys.

Going by mapping locations one would think the (Dolphins, Jags, Bucs, Falcons) would be one division, while (Giants, Jets, Pats, Eagles) would be another. Or (Chargers, Raiders, Seahwaks, Cardinals) etc etc......

I would think that he would have followed or modeled his game after some professional quarterback. Brady modeled himself after Montana. Please tell me that Tannehill knows more than just good college quarterbacks.

Its refreshing that Tannehill just wants to play. He probably doesnt know about who the great CB's and safteties are either, and he wont be playing scared because of it.

The fact that Matt Moore was laughing at the guy should tell you how unusual it for a starting NFL QB to not even know what conferences/divisions the other teams are in....

It is sad/stupid, but not a big deal. He will learn them eventually, hell I knew that at like 10 years old!! before the realignment when it made evn less geographical sense.

Uh, a lot actually. You'd better damn well know who you're facing in your own division twice a year and what kind of defenses they run. You'd better figure it out quick.

I want my QB to know EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING. I don't want Tannehill pulling McNabb type nonsense. Learn your division. Learn those opponents. Know those rosters up and down. Who try are. How to spell their names. Where they're from. What school try attended. Where their Momma lives. KNOW IT.

So from that segment you got the impression that he has NO IDEA that he will be playing against the Bills, Patriots and Jets? Cool!

It's a shame the players the Dolphins have on their roster and their coaches aren't as perfect as all the posters here on Finheaven. None of you make mistakes, you know every answer to every question, you're all basically flawless...admittedly I fall short of Finheaven standards. I'm not perfect, I get things wrong and I don't have all the answers.

But I do wonder...how does Tannehill knowing all the divisions in the NFL and the teams in them make him a better QB? I'm hoping one of you perfect Finheaven posters can tell me.

He said he didnt know "all the conferences in the NFL". Come on, he has to be joking, seriously...

So from that segment you got the impression that he has NO IDEA that he will be playing against the Bills, Patriots and Jets? Cool!

So from that post you think I said he has no idea who he's playing. Cool.

Im placing emphasis on our QB knowing everything about everyone. That's it. Ignorant QBs will find themselves without a job quickly.

Im placing emphasis on our QB knowing everything about everyone. That's it. Ignorant QBs will find themselves without a job quickly.

Brett Farve didnt know Vontae Davis' name when Minnesota played us a few years ago.

Let's see:

"Uh, a lot actually. You'd better damn well know who you're facing in your own division twice a year and what kind of defenses they run. You'd better figure it out quick."

I'm not sure how else that can be interpreted. I would much rather he knows everything about "what's directly in his face" our division and non division games. We can save knowing everything about "all" the other teams until we're in the position to face them....

The McCown brothers could probably tell you every team in every division and follow that up with recalling the tag numbers on all the vehicles in the parking lot of half the complexes in the NFL. They've just about run through all of 'em at one time or another.

None of it is relevant in terms of what type of quarterback you're going to be.

Let's see:

"Uh, a lot actually. You'd better damn well know who you're facing in your own division twice a year and what kind of defenses they run. You'd better figure it out quick."

I'm not sure how else that can be interpreted. I would much rather he knows everything about "what's directly in his face" our division and non division games. We can save knowing everything about "all" the other teams until we're in the position to face them....

I don't know if you bothered to continue reading, but I went on to specifically mention those teans rosters. More specifically their defensive personnel. This is his profession. If he wants to climb to the top of the game, he needs to know everything about it.

I don't know what you do for a living, but in my line of work I'm paid to think and analyze. It benefits me to know everything about what I do. I imagine Tannehill can benefit from the same line of thinking.

lol, My brother was an excellent HS running back, very aware, and loved every minute of it. However, he thinks watching football is booooooooooring. Go figure? I kinda felt the same about baseball. I enjoy playing, but it makes me yawn to watch. :sleep:

Uh, a lot actually. You'd better damn well know who you're facing in your own division twice a year and what kind of defenses they run. You'd better figure it out quick.

I want my QB to know EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING. I don't want Tannehill pulling McNabb type nonsense. Learn your division. Learn those opponents. Know those rosters up and down. Who try are. How to spell their names. Where they're from. What school try attended. Where their Momma lives. KNOW IT.

He said that he knows his division.....not the others

Back
Top Bottom