Tannehill + Hartline is going to be ridiculously good... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill + Hartline is going to be ridiculously good...

I am sorry, but Hartline does not excite me very much, and I am an Ohio State alumni.

triumph_insult_comic_dog-1.jpg

For me to poop on?

Tannehill + Charles Clay is going to be rediculously good

Hartline gets the job done and always finds a way to get open.Whats not to like?

He is unappreciated by the less knowledeable fans on this site. He's a solid pro and any team would be happy to have him. Nobody is saying he's a superstar, but he's a good all around WR that understands the team concept. He gets open a lot, but our QB's have either not looked for him or they have missed him when he's wide open.
He owned McCourty (Pats) the last game of the yr

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

I am sorry, but Hartline does not excite me very much, and I am an Ohio State alumni.

He was under used at Ohio State

Hartline gets the job done and always finds a way to get open.Whats not to like?
That was with Brandon Marshall attracting all of the attention. Hartline will most likely have a harder time getting open as the team's #1 receiver.

I think Tannehill will be very good throwing to Bush out in the flat, and to the TE's on the skinny out's.
Hopefully he can hit moving receivers in stride.
Early on, I think the defenses will be picking him over the middle.
The coaches will be calling safe plays for him until the game slows down for him.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

That was with Brandon Marshall attracting all of the attention. Hartline will most likely have a harder time getting open as the team's #1 receiver.

I agree. Hartline is not going to be effective while double covered against the other teams best DB/safety.
We are going to have to scheme guys open, because they are not elite talent.

Carts and horses come to mind here.

Let's get the horse hitched to the cart first, then we can smack it on the ass with the reins and see how fast she runs.

I dunno about going anywhere near that far, but what I can declare with reasonable certainty is that Hartline, with his Jordie Nelson type sure hands and clean route running likely won't be contributing to a comparable 65 or so certifiable dropsies the Aggies' receivers laid on T-Hill last season. :idk:

Carts and horses come to mind here.

Let's get the horse hitched to the cart first, then we can smack it on the ass with the reins and see how fast she runs.

Isn't the cart hitched to the chicken, or is it the horse to the egg? I get easily confused. :idk:

What's not to like? 1 TD in his last 26 games is what's not to like. I like him as a 3rd or 4th receiver but as a #2 he proved nothing last year when he was constantly in single coverage. It's make or break time for him...he either becomes a lot more productive this year or he probably ends up walking.

I hope someone from this receiving corp steps up because I think Irelands only mistake in this draft was not getting a better receiver to grow with Tannehill.

What's not to like? 1 TD in his last 26 games is what's not to like. I like him as a 3rd or 4th receiver but as a #2 he proved nothing last year when he was constantly in single coverage. It's make or break time for him...he either becomes a lot more productive this year or he probably ends up walking.

I hope someone from this receiving corp steps up because I think Irelands only mistake in this draft was not getting a better receiver to grow with Tannehill.
I agree...I thought we should have/would have gotten a WR earlier in the draft. However, they are obviously very high on Egnew as a pass catching threat...and TE is a young QBs best friend. Hopefully Shermans scheme helps get some of these guys open.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hartline gone after this season. Joe Philbin is smart enough to understand you don't win championships with players like Hartline playing a leading role in your offense.

Back
Top Bottom