Tannehill Highlights

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by UnderTheBridge, Aug 11, 2012.

1. UnderTheBridge

UnderTheBridge Active Member

2. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

pass blocking looked good their in T-hill's time

3. Cole Hbr finfan

Cole Hbr finfan Member

All but one of those passes were out of the Shotgun. The one that was not was a beautiful play action. Interesting to see him against the ones with not so great protection.

4. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

I like his quick release, and the speed at which the ball gets to the receivers. With Garrard out, I would not be surprised if he beats out Moore, because Moore is such a pathetic practice player whereas Tannehill has been good in practice and games. I think Philbin will let Tannehill start next week just to see how he will do.

5. ATL_PHIN_FAN

ATL_PHIN_FAN Winner Under Construction

Thx UnderTheBridge. The kid really has touch. I'm more impressed with him every time I see him work. Crossing my fingers, daring to think we may really have a special player here. And yes, its about time! Also, I'm liking what I saw from his recievers too. They found the space RT needed. Are any of them better than the numbers ones? Could be. There may be some movement on the depth chart this week at both tight end and wr.

6. finfan54

that ball is coming out quick and going to open guy. That is a very good sign with poise as well. The game seems to have slowed down naturally for him. Not seeing any panic as reports have been saying.

7. finfan54

BTW, T-hill's reps in practice going up every day.

Now I look to Devlin. I would love to see some good backup in him.

8. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator Donator

Loved the pass to Wallace over the defenders hands.

9. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

I really think we will be wasting our time starting Moore or Garrard, the biggest problem for most rookie QB's is understanding the offense and how to best use your reads against certain defensive alignments.
    RT has half the battle won already he needs a lot of work reading defenses and there's no better way to find out how defenses hide their formations then actually playing in the games.

RT needs to start right away, the experience will help him moving forward. Moore and Garrard equal 8-8 or 9-7 so what do we really have to lose?

10. joerobbie

joerobbie FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

he looks more comfortable than henne ever did in preseason

11. SeasonsMusic

SeasonsMusic Pianist

how dare you mock thy robot!

12. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Clay looks like a mismatch

Wallace actually looks very good.

13. twix2500

twix2500 A True Fan

I think it was a good display of Ryan Tannehill talent to throw the ball. He also showed that he has the comfort and confidence to play the position. Yes its the first game and we should not annoit him as an obvious starter. But we should all be excited that he showed elite phyical potential and passed the first test. Now on to the second test of week 2.

14. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Great to see a QB round here who can actually sell the play fake too.

15. Tim1958

Tim1958 Starter

I'm very pleased with what I saw from him. Great athleticism as advertised. The game didn't at all seem too big for him and he appears to have more potential than any we've seen in a long time. Downside was his inexperience shows in a couple of places. He stares down his receivers on every route. He'll learn if he gets the reps. I would say for his first preseason game an A+, on to the 2nd. If he keeps progressing throughout the preseason I would say start him, we have no future with any of these other guys.

16. Valbon8

Valbon8 Phins Up!

Tannehill looked veeeeeery good last night. I want him to start, but I think its best that Moore starts week 1. Opening the season in Houston against a top 3 defense might not be the best thing for Tannehill. If Moore sucks it up week 1, then heck with it, let Tannehill start week 2 at home against the raiders.

17. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

My bet is that moore will start opening day, halfway through the year RT will be in there. But what I've seen from RT is very exciting. He looks like a real live QB. After all these years of watching Manning and Brady make our QBs look like high schoolers, we may finally have a Qb that teams need to worry about. Oh what wonders it will do for the WRs, not to mention the running game. I think Bush will have a big year, and I also really like the drive from Roberto Wallace. The guy is playing angry, he looks like he might be a handful this year. same with Clay. Damn am I excited. We HAVE to beat Houston week 1 though. We just HAVE to. If they can go into Houston and beat a team we have NEVER beaten, then come home to face Oakland, we have a good start on our hands. Its been awhile it seems. I havent been this amped for a season since we got Ricky and had a top 3 Defense. That should have been a SB year, what a waste. Anyways.... GO PHINS!!

18. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

So far, Devlin is our best RB on paper. If they activate Devlin, he won't be eligible for the PS though. I think they're going to run 3 QBs and try to stash him there.

19. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

If Tannehill is who we think he is, he'll have no problem starting against Houston on the road in Week 1.

So far, he continues to meet expectations and almost pass them. Which is exactly what you look for in a 1st round Qb. Kudos to him.

20. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

5 years later, we may have found our Matty Ice. :brewskis::chuckle:

21. CedarPhin

CedarPhin Finheaven Hall of Shame

Let's hope he can win some playoff games.

22. finfan54

After watching the clips and starting/stopping at spots I am noticing something here that is rarely talked about. That is the WR's (Clay, Wallace, Pruitt) are clearly running crisp routes and getting the ball with knowledge. What I mean by that is that the O is running as it should under Philbin with Tannehill.

Whether Thill stares down his receivers or not is not really a concern when you get that ball out hitting the open receiver. If you are always hitting the open receiver, you never get picked. Its the read at the LOS and also the WR reads it as well.

Wallace and Pruitt have the concept down quicker than others IMO. When you get Bess in the mix, it gets fun IMO. I am not worried about not haveing a Marshall in this offense. Its the concept and system of the O from the QB working with the WR in sync that makes the offense go.

23. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

If the past 5 years is the barometer - let's hope not

24. FinsNCanes

FinsNCanes 9-7

I liked what I saw. I don't know the stats, but I just remember watching some of the game and saying "Wow, nice throws". We'll see...it's early. Everyone had a hard on for Sanchez his first preseason game I remember.

25. Digital

Digital Starter

Agreed. The good we saw was his ability to consistently throw in the window. He hit Wallace a couple of times in tight windows, one to Pruitt, another to Clay for the TD, and a back shoulder timed well and placed well to Pruitt. That's a lot to see done well for a first preseason game. Add the comment by Philbin how he audibled out of a play that wasa going to be a loser and turned it into a positive gain, and we've definitely seen good things upon which to build. Quick release, solid arm, accuracy .... good stuff all around.

The flipside, as you so eloquently pointed out, is that his collegiate flaw of staring down receivers doesn't appear to have gone away just yet. In a real game, that will surely lead to interceptions, so that's going to be a big lesson for him to learn. How his confidence fares through that process will be key IMHO. Additionally, he hasn't seen much pressure yet, so that will complicate things as well. Until he shows he can deliver the ball with consistent accuracy to someone who is NOT his primary receiver, I'm not going to be calling for him to start. But, this was a very good building block. Let's cross our fingers his growth continues.

26. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

that quick release reminds me of a QB who used to wear a dolphins jersey

I love Tanny's poise, delivery, and athleticism

Please, Philbin, please start Tanny week 1