Tannehill Highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Highlights

pass blocking looked good their in T-hill's time

All but one of those passes were out of the Shotgun. The one that was not was a beautiful play action. Interesting to see him against the ones with not so great protection.

I like his quick release, and the speed at which the ball gets to the receivers. With Garrard out, I would not be surprised if he beats out Moore, because Moore is such a pathetic practice player whereas Tannehill has been good in practice and games. I think Philbin will let Tannehill start next week just to see how he will do.

Thx UnderTheBridge. The kid really has touch. I'm more impressed with him every time I see him work. Crossing my fingers, daring to think we may really have a special player here. And yes, its about time! Also, I'm liking what I saw from his recievers too. They found the space RT needed. Are any of them better than the numbers ones? Could be. There may be some movement on the depth chart this week at both tight end and wr.

that ball is coming out quick and going to open guy. That is a very good sign with poise as well. The game seems to have slowed down naturally for him. Not seeing any panic as reports have been saying.

BTW, T-hill's reps in practice going up every day.

Now I look to Devlin. I would love to see some good backup in him.

I really think we will be wasting our time starting Moore or Garrard, the biggest problem for most rookie QB's is understanding the offense and how to best use your reads against certain defensive alignments.
RT has half the battle won already he needs a lot of work reading defenses and there's no better way to find out how defenses hide their formations then actually playing in the games.

RT needs to start right away, the experience will help him moving forward. Moore and Garrard equal 8-8 or 9-7 so what do we really have to lose?

I think it was a good display of Ryan Tannehill talent to throw the ball. He also showed that he has the comfort and confidence to play the position. Yes its the first game and we should not annoit him as an obvious starter. But we should all be excited that he showed elite phyical potential and passed the first test. Now on to the second test of week 2.

Great to see a QB round here who can actually sell the play fake too.

I'm very pleased with what I saw from him. Great athleticism as advertised. The game didn't at all seem too big for him and he appears to have more potential than any we've seen in a long time. Downside was his inexperience shows in a couple of places. He stares down his receivers on every route. He'll learn if he gets the reps. I would say for his first preseason game an A+, on to the 2nd. If he keeps progressing throughout the preseason I would say start him, we have no future with any of these other guys.

Back
Top Bottom