Tannehill Highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Highlights

PolitePolite

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/0ap2000000111998/Week-15-Ryan-Tannehill-highlights

His best game of the season so far IMO. The play at 2:18 is ridiculous. Also really nice pass on the 2-point conversion. I must say, though, the difference between this game and most of our other games was the good play calling. That TD to Lane was a thing of beauty. The LBs bit on the play action and Lane slipped right in the endzone untouched. Its these kinds of easy TDs that I always see other teams getting and I always say to myself "Why can these teams score so easy and the Phins can't?" It was nice to get 2 of those easy scores yesterday.

Sure looks like someone who should be on the bench to me............HA! I know it's the lowly Jaguars but this kid made some damn good throws and reads in this game but I guess he would learn more on the bench lol. Glad the coaches think he is better off learning on the field.

Sure looks like someone who should be on the bench to me............HA! I know it's the lowly Jaguars but this kid made some damn good throws and reads in this game but I guess he would learn more on the bench lol. Glad the coaches think he is better off learning on the field.

The people that still wanted him to sit I don't get it. If anything assuming his confidence is still there, which it appears to be! Having had to play with such limited talent on offense, make tight and accurate throws, learning to maneuver the pocket etc IMO is only going to help him that much more when we do upgrade the talent. NO? what I'm i not getting?

The thing about Tannehill that I have observed in all of his games is that he threads a needle on several throws every game. His decision making is still sometimes suspect, but even on some of his interceptions he has threaded the needle pretty much cleanly. The problem I really see is that his receiving options practically require special precision to get the ball in there roughly half the time. Am I exaggerating or does it really seem that way with the lack of separation out there? RT's accuracy is not a concern for me because what I see in every game so far are a handful of special throws that we haven't seen from our QB position since the '90s.

I'm not saying Tannehill is going to be elite, and he still has to prove that he'll be a good QB. However, I see mostly positive signs and reasons to be hopeful.

The thing about Tannehill that I have observed in all of his games is that he threads a needle on several throws every game. His decision making is still sometimes suspect, but even on some of his interceptions he has threaded the needle pretty much cleanly. The problem I really see is that his receiving options practically require special precision to get the ball in there roughly half the time. Am I exaggerating or does it really seem that way with the lack of separation out there? RT's accuracy is not a concern for me because what I see in every game so far are a handful of special throws that we haven't seen from our QB position since the '90s.

I'm not saying Tannehill is going to be elite, and he still has to prove that he'll be a good QB. However, I see mostly positive signs and reasons to be hopeful.

RT17's good day corresponded to the leg brace coming off... I had noticed his footwork and accuracy were remarkably better in the second half, but didn't realize the brace he has worn since the stej game injury had come off until I read it on cnnsi.

RT has also gone several games and over a 100 passes without an INT and 6 of the 12 came in just 2 games (Hou, Tenn). By rights he should have 16/17 TDs, but guys have either dropped them or haven't made plays when they had the opportunity to do so.

Completely agree one of the things I really like about him is his "zones." You can tell when he gets in that "zone" where everything becomes money and he's completely focused on the task at hand. His decision making goes to that next level, his throws are precise, his pocket awareness heightens! Best of all you can tell he smells blood in the water...It's a beautiful thing...

Back
Top Bottom