Tannehill In The Read-Option Scheme... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill In The Read-Option Scheme...

Will Tannehill Do Well In A Read-Open Offense?

• yes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • uncertain

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Vote.

His legs will do all the talking. This scheme is going to work very well: to our team's advantage.

Note: Sorry for the typo: not read-OPEN but read-OPTION in poll question. Can't change it. Darn.

The 49ers read option got stuffed by the ravens, and the pats stuffed our read option. I think once teams start game planing for it, it's going to be a moot point

Half the NFL will be running the read option next year and ALL the NFL will be preparing for it leading up to the season. It will no longer be as effective ala the wildcat. It's not worth Tannehill taking so many hits. This is our new franchise QB. Let's not give him 3 concussions and a broken collarbone his 2nd year. Having a great pocket passer is successful beyond any trends.

Everyone is looking into this too much. The read option is just like any other set of plays. If you have the personnel and it is run correctly, called correctly and executed.. Well then it works. Just like any other scheme. Same goes for defending the read option.

no thanks. get some receivers and there will be no need to run

Hit the quarterback no matter what. That's how you stop it. It literally leaves a man unblocked to take a shot at your qb. This style dies a violent death next year, mark it down.

Hit the quarterback no matter what. That's how you stop it. It literally leaves a man unblocked to take a shot at your qb. This style dies a violent death next year, mark it down.

agreed. while the mobile qb is here to say the read option is just a trend. give d coordinators enough tape and they will stop it.

lol not worth a poll its like saying do you want tannehill to throw a slant route....or run a play action..... its a play. granted you can throw some different routes out there or hand it off, I get that. but why distract the QB from his route tree? its like play action. has its time and place

Now do not forget Ryan slide feet first from now on...no more head first leaps.

I'd pass unless it was reduced for specific parts of the game at a 2-4 plays a game maximum.No matter what QB's are too important to let them take shots to any part of their body. If it isn't a Qb's head hitting the ground its a QB landing on his shoulder or getting a knee hit from the side.I'd rather it be the surprise like what Tanny did in the second half of the season and just run when receivers are covered and defenders backs are to the QB and its there.

The nfl is cat and mouse,defensive coordinators right now are figuring what it takes to slow the read option down.

Back
Top Bottom