Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fisi, Nov 15, 2012.

1. fisi

fisi A True Fan Donator

This was one of the the biggest knock on him coming out of the draft. He didn't win any big games in college so how do you expect him to win one in the NFL.

2. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

He won some pretty big games his first year he started.

3. broccoli rob

broccoli rob proud of your boy

Well hopefully we can trade for Tebow this offseason. He won a few big games in college, so we can expect him to win right?

4. vega51

vega51 Well-Known Member

tebow also won big games for the broncos, including a playoff game

5. EvilDylan

EvilDylan A True Fan Donator

so you couldn't just throw this in with the other tannehenne threads? your idea is so new and original that it needed it's very own thread?

6. PATSSUCK

PATSSUCK A True Fan

I hate fins fans

7. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

lmao these ppl have no clue

8. TakeoSpikesNeck

TakeoSpikesNeck Well-Known Member

no the biggest knock was he was a W.R all his career except 1 year. And hes dumb as a lump as far as not following NFL divisions.

9. MiaMarino

MiaMarino Starter

Here come the knee jerk reactions. SMH.:rolleyes2

10. slickrickpuppy

slickrickpuppy Well-Known Member

The nfl is hard to win and that bills team couldn't wait to win this game...every point the fins scored they came back..no way the fins were gonna win this one ..on a good side note ..jeff ireland will get fired.

11. phinking

phinking A True Fan

Ryan Tannehill had not one but TWO chances to win this game in the last 4 mins and he FAILED. Enough said.

12. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

How many National Championships did Brady, Brees, Peyton and Aaron Rodgers win again?

13. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Just when you think the OPs threads cant get any worse, somehow they get worse by the day.

14. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?329767-Everyone-ripping-Tanne-STFU-or-GTFO!

Which psychological disorder is this? These 2 posts are 1 day apart.

15. ojmcduffy

ojmcduffy Seasoned Veteran

Tannehill is not a winner in what golf. It was my understanding that football was a team sport. Going by that ideology the dolphins are not a winner. The dolphins are the sum of their parts and tannehill is only 1/53 of those parts.

16. 13marino13

13marino13 What is the frequency Kenneth

I expect him to win one when he has someone to throw the ball to. The Bills were dropping 7-8 into coverage on the last drive, did you really expect Hartline, Bess or Fasano to get open? Hartline and Bess are decent 2-3 receivers AT BEST, but unfortunately they garner no respect from opposing defenses. Until we get a legit #1 to loosen things up, Tannehill will continue to struggle. He has tons of talent, we just need to surround him with talent. He can't do it on his own.

17. Albania

Albania Active Member

Matt Moore should've started this year. How you were planning on drafting Tannehill and getting rid of a top five receiver in the league and not having a replacement for him is beyond me.

18. packfin

packfin Rookie

great comeback ! Hilarious !

19. chrispepper

chrispepper Well-Known Member

They were dropping 7 or 8 into coverage and we were playing max protect with only two recievers running routes some of the time, doesn't exactly give tannehill much help

20. ojmcduffy

so we start moore this year then tannehill goes through the rookie growing pains next year. Matt moore is not the future of this francvhise tannehill is. Matt moore is what he is. A decent stop gap transitional qb. Moore is a great backup but he's just not starting material.

21. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

I'll stick with the NFL experienced coaches decisions that where made to start Tannehill over what you think should have happened.

22. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

Thats if you value the QB position the same as your back ups. I get what you are trying to say about it being a team game, but if you think all 53 players have equal parts thats rediculas.

23. phinking

phinking A True Fan

You are 100% correct. He is NOT a winner. 19 starts in College and 9 in the NFL and not one come from behind 4th Qtr victory to me is very telling. We can all talk about what we THINK he can do, but I am going by what he as done.

24. foycore79

foycore79 Hall Of Famer

Pretty hard to win with suspect play calling that every defense seems to be onto now,an offensive line that is being pushed around no playmakers at the WR position(and yes I like Hartline and Bess but we need a big physical guy) let alone a red zone threat, a defense that besides Wake can't create any pressure a bad secondary...yep all Tanny's fault

25. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator

Give the kid a chance will you bro. He doesn't have a great Oline to which he is taking shots like it is no ones business, and the receiving corps needs to get better and play consistantly together. I am not sold on Reggie Bush being a compliment at the RB position, and we need to finally invest in the TE position and effectively use them in our play calling. Sherman's play calling at times really leaves something to be desired. Yes the kid has made and will make mistakes, but you can't put this all on him.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  26. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Look,

bottom line is we are set up for the future. Anyone who expects the rookie to tear it up in the first year when the rest of the world expected Thill to struggle is an azz.

It doesnt work like that in th real world. You have to let Philbin implement his offense over time. You cannot expect a rookie with mish mash of the past to be great.

You need to do what I did the other night. Sit back, with your nice brew, take it easy, take what comes with the idea that this will get fixed with Philbins people over time. If you switch again to some other coach, you will be asking for more of the same. People in south florida are just too damned emotional and look to blame everyone without any notion of the real world.

27. awabukie

awabukie Rookie

you know if he had hit clay, when he was wide open for that go ahead td, we wouldnt be having this conversation.i will continue being a homer and hoping he is the real deal,but reality is slowly setting in.

28. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E22 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Wow. Then explain Wannstedt/Fiedler, Sparano/Henne, Ryan/Sanchez....sometimes even NFL experienced coaches are more emotional than logic. As a matter of fact that holds true more often than not otherwise NFL coaches would be 100% on hitting QBs. It holds even more true when a QB is drafted by that coach. The hope and dreams of success supersedes the reality of maybe having made a bad pick.

29. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro

It's way premature to concede Tannehill cannot win games for us. However folks talk about "flashing" on here a lot and IMHO being able to make plays with the game on the line is what he needs to "flash". No weapons doesn't cut it especially when we've all seen easy throws be missed. I'm 100% on board with the guy and see absolutely no reason to waste time with Matt Moore but he needs to finish some of these drives when we have a shot to win. Not every time but at least a few times.

30. ojmcduffy

it is also rediculous to lay all the blaim at tannehills feet. Ryan tannehill wasn't even on the field when our defense gave up repeated 3rd and longs to the colts offense. Tannehill wasn't on the feild when carpenter missed the field goals. Tannehill is not missing blocks and closing our running lanes. He done some stuff wrong and hes done some stuff right. Let the secenario play out. Alot of the problem with our fan base is unrealistic expectations coupled with knee jerk reactions. At some point dolfans need to learn to act instead of reacting.

31. DolfanISS

It's ridiculous and unfair, however it's a QB driven league nowadays and had Tannehill drove the team down the field and won a game we had no business winning it would have been HUGE and he would have gotten all the credit. I'm far from giving up on the kid but he needs to pull one of these things off no excuses.

32. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

What's the moron count on here now? I lost count.

33. DolfanISS

Biggest morons say 1 of 2 things.

Tannehill is a franchise QB!

Tannehill is a bust!

Biggest morons are already on one of those sides. We should in in the middle.

34. DDTDON

DDTDON Seasoned Veteran

I find it strange how the OP never came back to defend his post. Truly pathetic thread. If I could give threads a negative I would. We are building this team around RT and right now, he does not have the weapons he needs. TE and WR in the draft coming up. I expect next year to be better.

35. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Agreed -

And maybe we should have stashed him like GB did Rodgers - and then we would have a "franchise" QB to gloat about for 3 years

36. FinHopeful

FinHopeful Starter

While this is fair criticism, your statement is way too strong at this point in his career.

37. FinHopeful

FinHopeful Starter

He has been poor in the fourth quarter all year long. The Dolphins have lost every fourth quarter (outscored by the opponent) except the Buffalo game. This is the best the team has played in the fourth.

38. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Too early to tell if he is going to be a consistent winner in the NFL. It would be nice to be winning more of these close games but I'm not too hung up on that. He definitely needs more weapons around him at WR and TE. What I see is a highly competitive young QB with an excellent temperament who should only get better with more experience. His performance as a rookie has way exceeded my expectations. The Dolphin fans who are writing him off seem unfair. The 12 or so seasons post Marino have delivered generally poor results because of the lack of a decent QB, (the Pennington season was an exception), to write off Tannehill after a few mediocre games is impatient.

39. finjim

finjim A True Fan

40. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

So cut him after 10 games b/c he's a loser and will never at any point in his career improve. Oh if only that happened to other QBs in the league.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Easier said than done when Favre, a HOF QB, was starting over Rodgers.

41. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

Well maybe thats why you didn't see me rip the kid one bit. I was all for drafting him, so i hope he works out. The fools are the people who were anointing him a franchise qb after a few games. He is neither that nor a bust at this point. All we can do at this point is talk about what he has done so far, and as of late it hasn't been to good for a variety of reasons. As always, time will tell.

42. Crazysimon

Crazysimon Scout Team

Your overall point is true to a degree. He doesn't seem to have the clutch factor. It's really early in his career though, so let's see what happens.

43. $$BWCJR78$$

$$BWCJR78$$ Dolphins 4-Life Donator

I watched that play over and he led clay away from the defender but clay kept his route flat and never angled in. I think clay is a partial blame on that one

44. rcasellas64

rcasellas64 Well-Known Member

Would you have said the same about Payton Manning in his first year! Look at Payton's record and number of interceptions. Tannehill has no weapons to throw to. He is a gun slinger with no weapons.

45. kasaba13

kasaba13 Seasoned Veteran

Say what you will but calling him dumb means you know nothing. Please do just a little research on his academic history.

46. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator

If you are looking to step up your Dolphin conversation there is VIP. :hi5:

47. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

AND AS OF RIGHT NOW EVERYBODY CAN MAKE AN ARGUEMENT THAT Tanny isnt starting material ? only because WE DIDNT GO OUT AND GET HIM SOME DECENT HELP AT WR , when T.O. was/is still out there right along with Plax , and BOTH PLAYERS had almost 1,000 yards respective , and most important THEY NEVER GOT INTO TROUBLE, yeah , we can say that they were locker room cancers , but ive never seen NOTHING to prove that , and esp the last year they both played they were on very good behavier , so imo we can put the blame on the coaching staff for not bringing in some talent at WR , and imo it didnt help Tanny much at all for playin this year excp getting his feet wet .

48. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

and whos fault is that ? the damn FO FOR NOT GOING OUT AND BRINGING IN THE 2 VETS THAT WOULD HAVE HELPED US TERMENDOUSLY. T.O. AND Plax.

49. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Tannehill has regressed because the offense around him is regressing. Think about it. Jake Long is getting worse by the week. You can tell Tannehill feels a lot more uncomfortable in the pocket the last few weeks than when he was in early October. Long is going to get Tannehill killed. Martin is regressing, he's starting to get beat a lot as well. Incognito and all his boneheaded penalties is killing the offense's momentum, pushing Miami back, putting Tannehill in 3rd and longs. Reggie Bush has obviously regressed as well... fumbling, dancing, giving himself up easily instead of running over defenders, just ineffective out there. Hartline, again regressing. Missing in action most of the time, pushing off or fumbling. I mean if the offense is crumbling around you, it's hard to expect Tannehill to continue play great. Against Tennessee and Buffalo, Tannehill seemed to be trying to do too much and was forcing passes cause I guess he saw no one else on offense was doing anything to make a play. Offensive line has got to get better...I think that happens by getting rid of Long next season.

50. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

This is the strangest thread.

1) This is how you spell "ridiculous."

2) Aaron Rodgers didn't sit after being drafted because of some master plan. Aaron Rodgers sat because Green Bay had this Brett Favre guy who was playing pretty well.

3) We're really having these conversations about Tannehill after ten games?

Quick, how many comebacks did Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, and John Elway have in their first seasons? Seeing as those three won a COMBINED seven games in their first seasons, it certainly wasn't many. it took Peyton Manning until Week 10 of his rookie season to have his first comeback win. Up until that point, he was 1-8. And he had these two guys on his team named Marvin Harrison and Marshall Faulk.

Aikman? He didn't get his first comeback win until the first game...of his second season. It was also his first in of any kind in the pros. He didn't win anything in his first season, with Herschel Walker and Michael Irvin.

I think all that we've firmly established thus far is that Tannehill is a rookie QB who is making mistakes that were expected, and that we don't have any future Hall of Famers at WR or RB.