Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!!

This was one of the the biggest knock on him coming out of the draft. He didn't win any big games in college so how do you expect him to win one in the NFL.
I expect him to win one when he has someone to throw the ball to. The Bills were dropping 7-8 into coverage on the last drive, did you really expect Hartline, Bess or Fasano to get open? Hartline and Bess are decent 2-3 receivers AT BEST, but unfortunately they garner no respect from opposing defenses. Until we get a legit #1 to loosen things up, Tannehill will continue to struggle. He has tons of talent, we just need to surround him with talent. He can't do it on his own.

Matt Moore should've started this year. How you were planning on drafting Tannehill and getting rid of a top five receiver in the league and not having a replacement for him is beyond me.

I expect him to win one when he has someone to throw the ball to. The Bills were dropping 7-8 into coverage on the last drive, did you really expect Hartline, Bess or Fasano to get open? Hartline and Bess are decent 2-3 receivers AT BEST, but unfortunately they garner no respect from opposing defenses. Until we get a legit #1 to loosen things up, Tannehill will continue to struggle. He has tons of talent, we just need to surround him with talent. He can't do it on his own.

They were dropping 7 or 8 into coverage and we were playing max protect with only two recievers running routes some of the time, doesn't exactly give tannehill much help

Matt Moore should've started this year. How you were planning on drafting Tannehill and getting rid of a top five receiver in the league and not having a replacement for him is beyond me.
so we start moore this year then tannehill goes through the rookie growing pains next year. Matt moore is not the future of this francvhise tannehill is. Matt moore is what he is. A decent stop gap transitional qb. Moore is a great backup but he's just not starting material.

I'll stick with the NFL experienced coaches decisions that where made to start Tannehill over what you think should have happened.

Tannehill is not a winner in what golf. It was my understanding that football was a team sport. Going by that ideology the dolphins are not a winner. The dolphins are the sum of their parts and tannehill is only 1/53 of those parts.
Thats if you value the QB position the same as your back ups. I get what you are trying to say about it being a team game, but if you think all 53 players have equal parts thats rediculas.

You are 100% correct. He is NOT a winner. 19 starts in College and 9 in the NFL and not one come from behind 4th Qtr victory to me is very telling. We can all talk about what we THINK he can do, but I am going by what he as done.

Pretty hard to win with suspect play calling that every defense seems to be onto now,an offensive line that is being pushed around no playmakers at the WR position(and yes I like Hartline and Bess but we need a big physical guy) let alone a red zone threat, a defense that besides Wake can't create any pressure a bad secondary...yep all Tanny's fault

This was one of the the biggest knock on him coming out of the draft. He didn't win any big games in college so how do you expect him to win one in the NFL.
Give the kid a chance will you bro. He doesn't have a great Oline to which he is taking shots like it is no ones business, and the receiving corps needs to get better and play consistantly together. I am not sold on Reggie Bush being a compliment at the RB position, and we need to finally invest in the TE position and effectively use them in our play calling. Sherman's play calling at times really leaves something to be desired. Yes the kid has made and will make mistakes, but you can't put this all on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look,

bottom line is we are set up for the future. Anyone who expects the rookie to tear it up in the first year when the rest of the world expected Thill to struggle is an azz.

It doesnt work like that in th real world. You have to let Philbin implement his offense over time. You cannot expect a rookie with mish mash of the past to be great.

You need to do what I did the other night. Sit back, with your nice brew, take it easy, take what comes with the idea that this will get fixed with Philbins people over time. If you switch again to some other coach, you will be asking for more of the same. People in south florida are just too damned emotional and look to blame everyone without any notion of the real world.

you know if he had hit clay, when he was wide open for that go ahead td, we wouldnt be having this conversation.i will continue being a homer and hoping he is the real deal,but reality is slowly setting in.

I'll stick with the NFL experienced coaches decisions that where made to start Tannehill over what you think should have happened.

Wow. Then explain Wannstedt/Fiedler, Sparano/Henne, Ryan/Sanchez....sometimes even NFL experienced coaches are more emotional than logic. As a matter of fact that holds true more often than not otherwise NFL coaches would be 100% on hitting QBs. It holds even more true when a QB is drafted by that coach. The hope and dreams of success supersedes the reality of maybe having made a bad pick.

It's way premature to concede Tannehill cannot win games for us. However folks talk about "flashing" on here a lot and IMHO being able to make plays with the game on the line is what he needs to "flash". No weapons doesn't cut it especially when we've all seen easy throws be missed. I'm 100% on board with the guy and see absolutely no reason to waste time with Matt Moore but he needs to finish some of these drives when we have a shot to win. Not every time but at least a few times.

Thats if you value the QB position the same as your back ups. I get what you are trying to say about it being a team game, but if you think all 53 players have equal parts thats rediculas.
it is also rediculous to lay all the blaim at tannehills feet. Ryan tannehill wasn't even on the field when our defense gave up repeated 3rd and longs to the colts offense. Tannehill wasn't on the feild when carpenter missed the field goals. Tannehill is not missing blocks and closing our running lanes. He done some stuff wrong and hes done some stuff right. Let the secenario play out. Alot of the problem with our fan base is unrealistic expectations coupled with knee jerk reactions. At some point dolfans need to learn to act instead of reacting.

Back
Top Bottom