Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!!

it is also rediculous to lay all the blaim at tannehills feet. Ryan tannehill wasn't even on the field when our defense gave up repeated 3rd and longs to the colts offense. Tannehill wasn't on the feild when carpenter missed the field goals. Tannehill is not missing blocks and closing our running lanes. He done some stuff wrong and hes done some stuff right. Let the secenario play out. Alot of the problem with our fan base is unrealistic expectations coupled with knee jerk reactions. At some point dolfans need to learn to act instead of reacting.

It's ridiculous and unfair, however it's a QB driven league nowadays and had Tannehill drove the team down the field and won a game we had no business winning it would have been HUGE and he would have gotten all the credit. I'm far from giving up on the kid but he needs to pull one of these things off no excuses.

Biggest morons say 1 of 2 things.

Tannehill is a franchise QB!

Tannehill is a bust!

Biggest morons are already on one of those sides. We should in in the middle.

I find it strange how the OP never came back to defend his post. Truly pathetic thread. If I could give threads a negative I would. We are building this team around RT and right now, he does not have the weapons he needs. TE and WR in the draft coming up. I expect next year to be better.

I find it strange how the OP never came back to defend his post. Truly pathetic thread. If I could give threads a negative I would. We are building this team around RT and right now, he does not have the weapons he needs. TE and WR in the draft coming up. I expect next year to be better.

Agreed -

And maybe we should have stashed him like GB did Rodgers - and then we would have a "franchise" QB to gloat about for 3 years

Ryan Tannehill had not one but TWO chances to win this game in the last 4 mins and he FAILED. Enough said.

While this is fair criticism, your statement is way too strong at this point in his career.

You are 100% correct. He is NOT a winner. 19 starts in College and 9 in the NFL and not one come from behind 4th Qtr victory to me is very telling. We can all talk about what we THINK he can do, but I am going by what he as done.

He has been poor in the fourth quarter all year long. The Dolphins have lost every fourth quarter (outscored by the opponent) except the Buffalo game. This is the best the team has played in the fourth.

Too early to tell if he is going to be a consistent winner in the NFL. It would be nice to be winning more of these close games but I'm not too hung up on that. He definitely needs more weapons around him at WR and TE. What I see is a highly competitive young QB with an excellent temperament who should only get better with more experience. His performance as a rookie has way exceeded my expectations. The Dolphin fans who are writing him off seem unfair. The 12 or so seasons post Marino have delivered generally poor results because of the lack of a decent QB, (the Pennington season was an exception), to write off Tannehill after a few mediocre games is impatient.

awesome_thread-1.jpg

Ryan Tannehill had not one but TWO chances to win this game in the last 4 mins and he FAILED. Enough said.

So cut him after 10 games b/c he's a loser and will never at any point in his career improve. Oh if only that happened to other QBs in the league.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Agreed -

And maybe we should have stashed him like GB did Rodgers - and then we would have a "franchise" QB to gloat about for 3 years

Easier said than done when Favre, a HOF QB, was starting over Rodgers.

it is also rediculous to lay all the blaim at tannehills feet. Ryan tannehill wasn't even on the field when our defense gave up repeated 3rd and longs to the colts offense. Tannehill wasn't on the feild when carpenter missed the field goals. Tannehill is not missing blocks and closing our running lanes. He done some stuff wrong and hes done some stuff right. Let the secenario play out. Alot of the problem with our fan base is unrealistic expectations coupled with knee jerk reactions. At some point dolfans need to learn to act instead of reacting.
Well maybe thats why you didn't see me rip the kid one bit. I was all for drafting him, so i hope he works out. The fools are the people who were anointing him a franchise qb after a few games. He is neither that nor a bust at this point. All we can do at this point is talk about what he has done so far, and as of late it hasn't been to good for a variety of reasons. As always, time will tell.

This was one of the the biggest knock on him coming out of the draft. He didn't win any big games in college so how do you expect him to win one in the NFL.

Your overall point is true to a degree. He doesn't seem to have the clutch factor. It's really early in his career though, so let's see what happens.

you know if he had hit clay, when he was wide open for that go ahead td, we wouldnt be having this conversation.i will continue being a homer and hoping he is the real deal,but reality is slowly setting in.

I watched that play over and he led clay away from the defender but clay kept his route flat and never angled in. I think clay is a partial blame on that one

Would you have said the same about Payton Manning in his first year! Look at Payton's record and number of interceptions. Tannehill has no weapons to throw to. He is a gun slinger with no weapons.

no the biggest knock was he was a W.R all his career except 1 year. And hes dumb as a lump as far as not following NFL divisions.

Say what you will but calling him dumb means you know nothing. Please do just a little research on his academic history.

Back
Top Bottom