Tannehill needs a running game............. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill needs a running game.............

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let not fool ourselves , Ryan Tannehill should open the season up as the starting QB...

I was impress by his ball fakes to running back,but the Dolphins needs a top-selves RB to
help Ryan get to the next level...

Can Lamar Miller be that guy?
Can Daniel Thomas handle being a feature back?
Do Jerome Messam deserve a shot?

might be me but Reggie Bush looked pretty good when he did play. Lamar Miller should be good with time people are down on him but look at the holes his o-line produced compared to what the starters had

The o line did not block well ,the riunning backs got the ball and there was someone in the hole by then they stunk

i dont think its the RBs, its more like the O line needs to provide better lanes

:)

We don't know who the starting QB is going to be, so lets just agree to disagree and say the DOLPHINS need a running game. We have a fairly deep stable at running back. We have Long, Pouncey, and Martin. While Martin is a rook, the concensus seems pretty good that he is the real deal. So, we have the 2 guards. I'm not sold on Steinbach or Hicks (yet), and Incognito, James, Garner and the rest I would grade out as C+, or "Meh"...

So all that being the case, I think there is at least a possibility we may have a good running game. That would HOPEFULLY put us into 1st and 2nd down and short...thereby taking pressure off WHOEVER is the QB.

Tannehill did look good last night. But it is preseason, game one. I'm not going to crown him king until he TAKES the job, and he's not close to doing that yet.

In today's NFL, with this style of offense. I don't agree. Sure it would help, but I don't think it's needed.

I'm not worried about the run game. It will improve over last season. The O-line is significantly better, even if Martin is learning on the job. Last year's putrid O-line got Reggie 1,000 yards...as long as he stays healthy, the running game will keep defenses honest...if not it's Bush vs. secondaries and I like our chances there.

Thomas I think continues to be somewhat a failure running between the tackles...this will be something to monitor through the rest of preseason. Miller didn't run great between the tackles but I think that was more because the second-string O-line wasn't opening anything up.

It's always the running back's fault on this website. Have you not see our offensive line the past decade and a half?

Green Bay's running game wasn't very productive nor creative for the last couple of years. i hope Sherman will help here. Philbin may need some. for as good a coach as he seems, a functional running game doesn't look like it's his forte.

Back
Top Bottom