Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

But then you miss out on the pure comic gold that his gravity's opinion, from his made up stats, that he is unwilling to show his work on, that he came up with.
I suppose you'll just have to trust me. You should be used to exercising blind faith anyway. ;)

Yup, when you get to a point where you`re thinking about blocking someone, start reading his post with humor in mind... It gets very funny instead of very frustrating... That's why JUNC and SHouvity are still unblocked...

The only part I can buy from all this is that Philbin feels comfortable with Moore as a starter if Tannehill is injured or bombs. More like a compliment about Moore and praise for the depth we have at quaterback. I highly doubt Philbin is upset with Tannehill and looking to replace him, that is just pure BS imo.

I can't believe that some are buying the thought that the Dolphins are looking to bench their starting quarterback after one of the best QB seasons since Dan Marino retired. Don't slurp this up and don't feed the fire and make this a "big story".

Yup, when you get to a point where you`re thinking about blocking someone, start reading his post with humor in mind... It gets very funny instead of very frustrating... That's why JUNC and SHouvity are still unblocked...
Well at least I'm in good company in that post. Two people who can actually see the team in a balanced manner. :)

The only part I can buy from all this is that Philbin feels comfortable with Moore as a starter if Tannehill is injured or bombs. More like a compliment about Moore and praise for the depth we have at quaterback. I highly doubt Philbin is upset with Tannehill and looking to replace him, that is just pure BS imo.

I can't believe that some are buying the thought that the Dolphins are looking to bench their starting quarterback after one of the best QB seasons since Dan Marino retired. Don't slurp this up and don't feed the fire and make this a "big story".

Ryan was mediocre at best, he was not as good as the #s suggest. should he be benched? NO, he has shown enough promise to keep his job but there are still questions.

Right now, I find it pretty difficult to believe this article. It's obvious that the Fins believe in Tannehill as the franchise QB, and they're going to give him every opportunity to improve and demonstrate he can do the job. Matt Moore is the backup, but there are a lot of cheaper options so I can't see him sticking around. IF (and that's a big if) the Fins don't cut/trade Moore before the season, then maybe I could see some truth to this article; otherwise, it's just typical off-season drivel.

Right now, I find it pretty difficult to believe this article. It's obvious that the Fins believe in Tannehill as the franchise QB, and they're going to give him every opportunity to improve and demonstrate he can do the job. Matt Moore is the backup, but there are a lot of cheaper options so I can't see him sticking around. IF (and that's a big if) the Fins don't cut/trade Moore before the season, then maybe I could see some truth to this article; otherwise, it's just typical off-season drivel.

many times things are floated in the media too, Miami could have floated this to give Ryan a kick in the behind getting ready for the offseason. You just never know where this info comes from.

many times things are floated in the media too, Miami could have floated this to give Ryan a kick in the behind getting ready for the offseason. You just never know where this info comes from.
Agree that's a possibility.

Hollow threat. If Moore starts, we are in trouble. Good backup or tutor? Sure.

Replacing Tannehill? Lol.

I get that, it's just poor execution and makes us look stupid.

Mediocre at best? Sure- behind an average Oline.

Behind a historically atrocious Oline? Yeah- HOF QB.

Look at what pressure did to the best QB in NFL history in ONE game. Tannehill felt that pressure for 16 games.

So, mediocre? No. With all factors considered, he was a f@cking beast.

I get that, it's just poor execution and makes us look stupid.

That is if you believe LaCanfora. If you believe LaCanfora, Jeff Fisher is our head coach, Jake Long is our LT and Ross went to China during the GM search(he didn't).

I suppose you'll just have to trust me. You should be used to exercising blind faith anyway. ;)

If you can't attack the post then attack the poster. :crazy:

Like I'm going to believe someone's theory on the internet, who I don't know, and won't show their work on how they came up with the numbers that they did supporting it. Until then, to me they are just numbers on a page, aka worthless.

One final question. Since you take PFF's word as gospel when rating the Fins o-line, why do you not take it as gospel when rating Tannehill? Because according to you, they rate everyone on the same scale based on the exact same factors and outcomes.

Good he needs to be. He's 15-17 since he's been here. If say draft another qb or bring one in from fa. Matt Moore sucks. Cut him

I hope he is on a short leash, he needs to improve and his playing time to get better is over, two yrs is more than enough for that.... now the player who gives us the best chance to win should play....if he struggles with the long ball, pocket awareness, hold the ball to long, fumble on hits...then you better have his back up ready to play, I also don't like the fact he was pointing fingers at the end of the season instead of taking responsibility for his piss poor play the last two weeks....I still think he can get the job done but that's a red flag as far as I'm concerned...

Back
Top Bottom