Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

I used to think nyjunc was a fairly knowledgeable football fan...but seriously....anyone who can't see how bad this O-line was either doesn't know football or is a hater(Tannehill).

I just don't understand how a Miami Dolphins site, can allow all these naysayers, who are obviously trolling and basically say anyone who supports a player like Tannehill, is a blind homer, and get away with it. Is this not a Miami Dolphins FAN forum? Is there really anything wrong with thinking Tannehill is a much better qb of the last 12 years or so? Now, i'm not saying people can't disagree, and think Tannehill is nothing special or average, but there's a big difference between that, and having someone make up 5 or 6 threads a week, trying to prove to himself that tannehill is the root of the offensive problem, and then the other 2 or 3 clowns jump in in every single thread about tannehill, good or bad, and turn it into the same bull**** over again. Mods, this forum is turning into $hit.

I used to think nyjunc was a fairly knowledgeable football fan...but seriously....anyone who can't see how bad this O-line was either doesn't know football or is a hater(Tannehill).

I never said the OL was good but you guys act like it was the worst OL in the history of the game b/c you need an excuse why your team failed. Your OL manhandled our D, you ran it well- why couldn't Ryan do anything in week 17? your Ol was poor the first half but was actually not bad the 2nd half. You didn't miss the playoffs b/c of the OL.

I'm not a "hater", I am a realist. I have said a million times I think Ryan has the ability to be a good QB, I have never said he is bad BUT too many folks act like he was really good this year b/c his #s were decent. He didn't play anywhere near as well as the #s suggested.

it's amazing how Ryan gets no blame

There's a group here that wanted to start Moore last year and still want a differant QB this year and a couple stat guys that trot out thread after thread , poll after poll all pointing to Ryan as the problem not the OL.
Tannehill gets some blame. Probably more than I think he deserves but I do believe he must improve in a couple key areas to take the next step. A solid OL and a good running game should give him a better chance of doing just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a group here that wanted to start Moore last year and still want a differant QB this year and a couple stat guys that trot out thread after thread , poll after poll all pointing to Ryan as the problem not the OL.
Tannehill get some blame. Probably more than I think he deserves but I do believe he must improve in a couple key areas to take the next step. A solid OL and a good running game should give him a better chance of doing just that.

I think that would be a mistake, you aren't winning anything w/ Moore. Even missing the playoffs Ryan got more experience so maybe if he is in the same spot next year he comes through w/ the season on the line. I am not a basher of him, he worries me. I think he can be a good QB but he wasn't this past season. Part of the reason was OL struggles but a bigger part was him just missing plays. I would assume he will get better, I hope he goes the henne route but I am not confident of that.

i'm sure him getting sacked 58 times prior to week 17, might have rattled him a little. i was also not impressed with the playcalling in that game. as well as tannehill's performance, of course. lots of factors in that game, that caused the dolphins to lose, imo.

13.2. is the average, it's not like 10.2 is incredibly worse. It's worse, your OL was not good but it wasn't bad either. They looked much worse b/c of the QB.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

you guys abandoned the run game way too quickly. you could run it. Your main RB averaged 4.0 YPC which is good. You just abandoned the run game way too quickly. If you ran more I think you make the playoffs.
math... 592/13.2= 45 sacks. so if we were giving up the league average in sacks, we give up 13 less sacks last year.

Also I've never seen anyone put on paper the fact that ryan was getting rid of the ball in less than 2.5 seconds on average. Now of our 58 sacks how man occurred less than 2.5 seconds? of the teams in the playoffs, how many of the teams had QBs getting rid of the ball at 2.5 or less seconds and of their sacks how many occurred prior to their qbs average release?

I just don't understand how a Miami Dolphins site, can allow all these naysayers, who are obviously trolling and basically say anyone who supports a player like Tannehill, is a blind homer, and get away with it. Is this not a Miami Dolphins FAN forum? Is there really anything wrong with thinking Tannehill is a much better qb of the last 12 years or so? Now, i'm not saying people can't disagree, and think Tannehill is nothing special or average, but there's a big difference between that, and having someone make up 5 or 6 threads a week, trying to prove to himself that tannehill is the root of the offensive problem, and then the other 2 or 3 clowns jump in in every single thread about tannehill, good or bad, and turn it into the same bull**** over again. Mods, this forum is turning into $hit.

:clap:

i'm sure him getting sacked 58 times prior to week 17, might have rattled him a little. i was also not impressed with the playcalling in that game. as well as tannehill's performance, of course. lots of factors in that game, that caused the dolphins to lose, imo.

so he wasn't rattled 2 weeks earlier vs. New England, he was rattled not being touched against us w/ the playoffs on the line? I have a hard time believing that.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

you know he is talking about you in that post too, right?

so he wasn't rattled 2 weeks earlier vs. New England, he was rattled not being touched against us w/ the playoffs on the line? I have a hard time believing that.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

the hell he is...he knows better...i just come in and shoot down bad examples when given and the numbers in a vacuum crowd stuff...which doesnt take into consideration anything but flat numbers...like they tell the whole story

as for the tannehill did not play as well as the numbers suggest...you are right...he played better than what 24 tds and 17 ints would indicate all things being considered...

no, i think the playcalling, and tannehill played poorly in that game. like i said. Doesn't mean he sucks, and will always suck, and can't ever play in an important game and win, in the future.

actually, he's not one of the people in my mind, when i made that post.

no, i think the playcalling, and tannehill played poorly in that game. like i said. Doesn't mean he sucks, and will always suck, and can't ever play in an important game and win, in the future.

actually, he's not one of the people in my mind, when i made that post.

I have never said he sucks but he was bad in that game, the biggest game of his career and Miami's biggest game in 5 years.

I also never said it means he can't do it in the future, my point has been he hasn't arrived YET.

it sure seemed like it, you said good and bad.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

the hell he is...he knows better...i just come in and shoot down bad examples when given and the numbers in a vacuum crowd stuff...which doesnt take into consideration anything but flat numbers...like they tell the whole story

as for the tannehill did not play as well as the numbers suggest...you are right...he played better than what 24 tds and 17 ints would indicate all things being considered...

do I come in here and just spout off #s? do I say he sucks and will never be good?

he wasn't anywhere near as good as the #s suggested and the NYJ and Pitt games proved that. The one game he was great was vs. NE but he followed those up w/ 2 clunkers against mediocre teams w/ the playoffs on the line.

I have never said he sucks but he was bad in that game, the biggest game of his career and Miami's biggest game in 5 years.

I also never said it means he can't do it in the future, my point has been he hasn't arrived YET.

it sure seemed like it, you said good and bad.

by good or bad, i meant the same Debbie downers go into every good or positive tannehill thread, and turn it into the same garbage as the negative tannehill threads. eventually turning all tannehill threads into the same thing.

by good or bad, i meant the same Debbie downers go into every good or positive tannehill thread, and turn it into the same garbage as the negative tannehill threads. eventually turning all tannehill threads into the same thing.

do you think I do that?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I never thought that.

going by your track record I take that as a HUGE compliment

Back
Top Bottom