Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

I have never said he sucks but he was bad in that game, the biggest game of his career and Miami's biggest game in 5 years.

I also never said it means he can't do it in the future, my point has been he hasn't arrived YET.

it sure seemed like it, you said good and bad.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

do I come in here and just spout off #s? do I say he sucks and will never be good?

he wasn't anywhere near as good as the #s suggested and the NYJ and Pitt games proved that. The one game he was great was vs. NE but he followed those up w/ 2 clunkers against mediocre teams w/ the playoffs on the line.

this gets so old but tannehill got tds in the jets and pitt game just like wilson for instance got in the super bowl yet you gave wilson the credit for playing great and crapped on tannehill for guys missing tackles...plays where wilson got tds where like 5 guys missed tackles...you cant have it one way and not the other...

you go out of your way to try and minimize the impact the miami qb has in wins and maximize it in losses...

he played every bit as well as 24 tds and 17 ints would suggest...imo he played better...that 81.7 rating not indicative of his true play and value this season...especially off the actual tape study that i have done

the buffalo game isn't even worth talking about it had nothing to do with the qb as to why we lost...the jets game he really wasn;t that bad either...just had some bad luck and missed a few balls..wallace also not helping him out on a few balls either...the stats look worse than the qbs play

After 14 games Ryan had 23 TD passes with 14 ints and if the season ended then it's an excellent second year with high hopes for the future.
That despite the sack record and limited ground game.
The last two games were bad as the team failed to show up in Buffalo and then lost to you guys in a winnable game.
No excuses as all were to blame from the head coach on down. Would I have loved for Ryan to step up in the moment and carry us to victory ?
Yes indeed.
The fact that he did not put a tarnish on a decent second year but rather than the problem I'd like to think with some work in the future he will be the solution in those situations.

this gets so old but tannehill got tds in the jets and pitt game just like wilson for instance got in the super bowl yet you gave wilson the credit for playing great and crapped on tannehill for guys missing tackles...plays where wilson got tds where like 5 guys missed tackles...you cant have it one way and not the other...

you go out of your way to try and minimize the impact the miami qb has in wins and maximize it in losses...

he played every bit as well as 24 tds and 17 ints would suggest...imo he played better...that 81.7 rating not indicative of his true play and value this season...especially off the actual tape study that i have done

the buffalo game isn't even worth talking about it had nothing to do with the qb as to why we lost...the jets game he really wasn;t that bad either...just had some bad luck and missed a few balls..wallace also not helping him out on a few balls either...the stats look worse than the qbs play

this is the 2nd time you are bringing this up and the second time you are wrong. I don't care what Wilson did in garbage time, Wilson was outstanding when it was a game in the 1st half. I don't praise him b/c of the garbage time TDs.

I speak the truth on the impact the QB had in wins and losses.

he played nowhere near as good as those #s would indicate.

Throw the Buf game out if you want he was terrible in a win and in game against us. bad luck? he had bad luck on one play, the drop at the end of the 1st half. other than that he was missing guys all game and threw critical INts while leading his O to just 7 pts while having all day to throw.

I don't worry about stats, I don't say player x is great b/c of #s or player y is bad just b/c of #s. Ryan was not bad, he was mediocre. he has the ability to get a lot better, I hope he doesn't.

After 14 games Ryan had 23 TD passes with 14 ints and if the season ended then it's an excellent second year with high hopes for the future.
The last two games were bad as the team failed to show up in Buffalo and then lost to you guys in a winnable game.
No excuses as all were to blame from the head coach on down. Would I have loved for Ryan to step up in the moment and carry us to victory ?
Yes indeed.
The fact that he did not put a tarnish on a decent second year but rather than the problem I'd like to think with some work in the future he will be the solution in those situations.

going into the last 3 games of 2011 Mark $anchez had 21 TDs and 11 INTs and he wasn't having a very good year. he was good but much worse than 2010 when he ended up w/ 17 and 13. #s tell part of the story, not all.

Yes indeed.
The fact that he did not part a tarnish on a decent second year but rather than the problem I'd like to think will some work in the future he will be the solution in those situations.

the qb had a quality second season...the bills game again look at the tape...it's a meet me at the qb on every play pretty much when hartlines not dropping 3rd down conversions...the jets game misses a vertical by less than a yard pretty much to wallace yep on the qb...scores a td on a outstanding play by the qb on 3rd down otherwise you dont score...that ball was out well before wallace made his cut to the outside and turned back inside...that's a damn good ball and anticipation play by the qb under heavy quick clean duress i might add...but he's damn good in the red zone anyways...

people can tell you all day that stop route to wallace was poorly placed inside...bs...wallace doesnt slip that balls on target and the db has to go thru him to the ball...instead he slips and its a diving pick...there was room in that coverage for the completion if no slip...mathews drops a 3rd down crosser with a trail lb behind him and no one for 30 yards down the sideline would have put us in scoring position...wallace gets a ball in the corner of the endzone he lets fall to him instead of making a play on db gets a hand in there good ball from the qb...

2nd pick down 10 late force play trying to fit a ball over a converging defender in the middle of the field high tipped and pick by the safety...product of the score board dictating the need to maybe force something...situational play all the way...last int wallace comes off the line starts limping thill has released the ball wallace doesn't get the depth and a pick...that's not on the qb folks

was he great??? no...was he crap like others would like you to believe??? hell no...

the qb had a quality second season...the bills game again look at the tape...it's a meet me at the qb on every play pretty much when hartlines not dropping 3rd down conversions...the jets game misses a vertical by less than a yard pretty much to wallace yep on the qb...scores a td on a outstanding play by the qb on 3rd down otherwise you dont score...that ball was out well before wallace made his cut to the outside and turned back inside...that's a damn good ball and anticipation play by the qb under heavy quick clean duress i might add...but he's damn good in the red zone anyways...

people can tell you all day that stop route to wallace was poorly placed inside...bs...wallace doesnt slip that balls on target and the db has to go thru him to the ball...instead he slips and its a diving pick...there was room in that coverage for the completion if no slip...mathews drops a 3rd down crosser with a trail lb behind him and no one for 30 yards down the sideline would have put us in scoring position...wallace gets a ball in the corner of the endzone he lets fall to him instead of making a play on db gets a hand in there good ball from the qb...

2nd pick down 10 late force play trying to fit a ball over a converging defender in the middle of the field high tipped and pick by the safety...product of the score dictating the need to maybe force something...situational play all the way...last int wallace comes off the line starts limping thill has released the ball wallace doesn't get the depth and a pick...that's not on the qb folks

was he great??? no...was he crap like others would like you to believe??? hell no...

but he missed, right? whether by less than a yard or not.

GREAT throw on the TD, great anticipation.

if Wallace doesn't slip Milliner is right on him to break it up, maybe it doesn't get picked but bad decision to make that throw.

the last INT he threw to nobody, wasn't that ball about 5 yds over the receivers head? I have to see it again but regardless of all that he led his O to 7 pts in a do or die game in perfect conditions against a mediocre team. Even Mark in a somewhat similar spot in 2011(though had we won we wouldn't have made it) led his dysfunctional O to 17 pts.

Ryan was bad that game especially since h had all day to throw all game long. I have seen worse(Mark 2012, Geno most of 2013) but Ryan was not good that week 17 game.

this is the 2nd time you are bringing this up and the second time you are wrong. I don't care what Wilson did in garbage time, Wilson was outstanding when it was a game in the 1st half. I don't praise him b/c of the garbage time TDs.

I speak the truth on the impact the QB had in wins and losses.

he played nowhere near as good as those #s would indicate.

Throw the Buf game out if you want he was terrible in a win and in game against us. bad luck? he had bad luck on one play, the drop at the end of the 1st half. other than that he was missing guys all game and threw critical INts while leading his O to just 7 pts while having all day to throw.

I don't worry about stats, I don't say player x is great b/c of #s or player y is bad just b/c of #s. Ryan was not bad, he was mediocre. he has the ability to get a lot better, I hope he doesn't.

since you need someone to explain the jets game to you i did...i realize you can't put it together...and your attempt on the prior post tells me as much...:lol:

go home junc

since you need someone to explain the jets game to you i did...i realize you can't put it together...and your attempt on the prior post tells me as much...:lol:

go home junc

I don't need your homer viewpoint to tell me what I saw. you will make every excuse in the book for Ryan. for anything non Ryan related I'd trust you not when it comes to Ryan.

I don't need your homer viewpoint to tell me what I saw. you will make every excuse in the book for Ryan. for anything non Ryan related I'd trust you not when it comes to Ryan.

watch it for yourself since you got the game and you tell me where the "homer" is after...just be honest...you gonna have to understand where the route is designed or headed though on the last pick...it's not gonna tell it for ya cause wallace never gets the depth on the in cut in front of the db that tannehill expects presnap on the coverage...

the first pick you got to be kidding me if you are gonna tell me that the coverage was so tight there a stop route could not be completed minus the slip...if anything the ball and db arrive at the same time...but one things for sure...he cannot go thru wallace to the ball unless he slips...

wallace starts to gear up to get milliner in off coverage to open his hips and drop out before sitting right down...millner plays it well no doubt but the timing and the throw are there if not for slip despite the solid coverage...milliner never bailed but he did give ground

that was a nice adjusment by the jets to go with milliner and a deep safety on wallace and cromartie on hartline...the opposite of the opener and one miami was not ready for...and once hartline got hurt tannehill did not trust mathews to win vs cromartie...that was obvious

Cromartie was terrible, that's on Ryan if he couldn't exploit that matchup. they moved Milliner to Wallace mainly b/c Cro was not healthy and was awful. Hartline was killing him, should have been able to take advantage w/ his replacement. at least try him.

Milliner had excellent coverage on the first pick.

the last pick was in garbage time so I don't care either way. I will have to take a look again.

cro was better than he was vs us the first time where he should have just sat he couldn't run...and we just kept diming him up in front of his bail coverage cause he couldnt accelerate....hartline may have given him some problems with his route running and keeping plays alive when cro got nozy but we never got to see much of that cause hartline went out...and tannehill never looked that way again

excellent coverage and still catchable ball space are not the same thing...no doubt solid coverage but room to make that play in front of it and be tackled on the stop route absolutely...there was nothing there to say the qb should have come off it

So this thread has degenerated into nyjunc calling someone a homer with regard to evaluating their team's QB :sidelol: and Gravity telling people they are focusing too much on sacks :sidelol:

I believe your looking in a mirror...homer buttfumble boy.

finfan and Ben: tremendous contributions to the thread. Thank you!:lol2::lol:

Back
Top Bottom