Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

Ryan...you'll never hear me say Ryan played well against the Jets in week 17...but I also will not give up on him based on one bad performance....I've seen the best to ever play have bad games.

That said I trust my own eyes more than anything...I saw the worst Dolphin O-line in the 43 year history of watching this football team.

I want to see this QB continue to improve, and I want to see him given a decent O-line to work with before I judge him to harshly.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Oh, and Buffalo just manhandled this pathetic O-line....7 sacks.

For what it's worth I'm not giving up on him I just don't subscribe to all the excuses thrown around for him.

Are we really going to use the Drew Brees excuse again? That excuse was used with John Beck and Chad Henne. Enough already.

So you don't believe 58 sacks and poor run blocking hindered his performance at all?

I'm sure he would have been better w/ the 90s cowboys line but you didn't have that but you did have enough to make the playoffs w/o any really good teams competing for that 6th seed. he had chances, he failed, the team failed. does it mean he is done for good? of course not but he failed his first big test.

And for every Brees how many others fail or are just average?

Well, there are far more average or bad QBs than elite QBs, so that should answer any such question. But the reason people bring up Brees is that he's just a convenient example. There are a lot of Pro Bowl / All-Pro / Hall of Fame QBs over the years who have been cruddy early in their careers and then improved dramatically.

Examples? Steve Young, Bob Griese, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman, John Elway, Dan Fouts.

That's off the top of my head, and not including guys like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco, who have recently won Super Bowls. That's not including great players like Rodgers and Sonny Jurgensen who sat for years on the bench improving their craft. That's not including Peyton Manning who had a brutal rookie season.

Depending on where you draw the line at what constitutes a successful QB, you could also bring up guys like Kerry Collins or Terry Bradshaw.

Well, there are far more average or bad QBs than elite QBs, so that should answer any such question. But the reason people bring up Brees is that he's just a convenient example. There are a lot of Pro Bowl / All-Pro / Hall of Fame QBs over the years who have been cruddy early in their careers and then improved dramatically.

Examples? Steve Young, Bob Griese, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman, John Elway, Dan Fouts.

That's off the top of my head, and not including guys like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco, who have recently won Super Bowls. That's not including great players like Rodgers and Sonny Jurgensen who sat for years on the bench improving their craft. That's not including Peyton Manning who had a brutal rookie season.

Depending on where you draw the line at what constitutes a successful QB, you could also bring up guys like Kerry Collins or Terry Bradshaw.

so how come Mark $anchez is done? using this reasoning(which I agree w/) why would a guy who has had much more success than Ryan be done?

so how come Mark $anchez is done? using this reasoning(which I agree w/) why would a guy who has had much more success than Ryan be done?

Because nobody can take seriously a guy who wears that godawful hairband.

He is never really done till he is unemployed, but in all honesty when you look at his body of work very few games makes anyone think Sanchez is anything special. That's not to say he might not catch on some where and salvage his career and be a decent qb, but it is safe to say that isn't happening in NYJ.

How has buttfumble (<-----ok mods this is getting really old) "had much more success than Ryan"???

Because nobody can take seriously a guy who wears that godawful hairband.

Or the cornrows.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

How has buttfumble (<-----ok mods this is getting really old) "had much more success than Ryan"???

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Now we get the 4 playoff road wins........

his best season(2010) was better than Ryan's best(2013). it is proven a team can win big w/ Mark, that ahs yet to be proven w/ Ryan as the team failed in a pretty easy spot to close the season and make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom