Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

Actually if Philbin had made that switch last season, we wouldve been in the playoffs instead of 8-8.
Based on the empirical evidence presented (i.e. Matt Moore's performance in the Buffalo game), I have to say this is a very dubious claim.

I'm not sure why I should have to use the ignore feature for what basically constitutes as spam.

One final question. Since you take PFF's word as gospel when rating the Fins o-line, why do you not take it as gospel when rating Tannehill? Because according to you, they rate everyone on the same scale based on the exact same factors and outcomes.
I don't have any problem with their rating of Tannehill. It places him squarely in the average range, which is consistent with about the rest of the objective data.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

I'm not sure why I should have to use the ignore feature for what basically constitutes as spam.
Well I suppose your other option is to report the post(s) to the moderators.

We said this about henne too. Everything had to b perfect in order to get a proper grade on the qb. Our oline and rbs and wrs need to all have a 99 overall rating in madden to give our qbs a proper assessment it seems. Let's judge him on his decision making and accuracy. Right now he's just average. 76!

One problem with your opinion. Henne was never sacked at the RECORD clip that Tannehill was this past season. Seeing Tannehill drop back on a 3 step drop and get planted, should have settled this case. But then again, those doubters out there are gonna hate. Its what most of you do best.

As for Tannehill. He needs to show it this upcoming season, period. He put up Matt Ryan type numbers this year, while having a talentless roster according to the Fireland crowd. 2014 will be a make or break year for all in Miami.

Do you have proof that he isn't?
If you look at the way teams have functioned historically, he's playing almost well enough to be one of the comparatively few QBs who's won a Super Bowl when they themselves have played about average, but have been the beneficiaries of exceptionally good units (e.g., defense, running game) elsewhere on their teams.

That's not what you want in the salary cap era in my opinion. You want the stud at QB, which allows you to win without having to pull off the unlikely feat of having an exceptional team in just about every other area.

Perhaps you should go help the Dolphins pick out one of those stud QBs in the draft since it's apparently an easy task.

Who's to say he wouldn't have with competent OL play?
If you look at the way teams have functioned historically, he's playing almost well enough to be one of the comparatively few QBs who's won a Super Bowl when they themselves have played about average, but have been the beneficiaries of exceptionally good units (e.g., defense, running game) elsewhere on their teams.

That's not what you want in the salary cap era in my opinion. You want the stud at QB, which allows you to win without having to pull off the unlikely feat of having an exceptional team in just about every other area.

Perhaps you should go help the Dolphins pick out one of those stud QBs in the draft since it's apparently an easy task.
Wait, don't they already have one? :unsure: ;)

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Who's to say he wouldn't have with competent OL play?
No one, but when there's also no one to say he would, what you have is an unknown.

yes, 7 pts total in 2 games to end the season- the 2 biggest games of his career needing one win to get to playoffs.

Manning had 8 total points in the single biggest game of his career, he wasn't motivated? He isn't any good? Maybe sometimes *hit just happens. A young QB will take his lumps, sucks for him and us but it's just the way things go.

You're asking the wrong person that question. Junc will tell you that Mark Sanchez is better than Peyton Manning.

Back
Top Bottom