Tannehill on the sidelines | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on the sidelines

I thought it was a great sign for the team to have him on the sidelines. Speaks volumes to Tannehill's character and culture of franchise too.

A very good point. I too thought it was a great sign to see him on the sidelines supporting the team; wouldn't expect anything less from him.

Was surprised to see him. Hadn't heard anything about him being back with the team. Was also surprised by him moving around so well so soon after his surgery.

I hope he is noticing how Cutler moves in the pocket and how effective pushing the ball deep is working to open up the run game. Sometimes a guy who is always the starter can benefit from a little time watching.

I'm shocked that he didn't have a brace on the knee or crutches. It's almost like he didn't have surgery again.

I hope he is noticing how Cutler moves in the pocket and how effective pushing the ball deep is working to open up the run game. Sometimes a guy who is always the starter can benefit from a little time watching.

And all of that illustrates how the relationships between the offensive line and the quarterback, and between the running game and the quarterback, aren't unidirectional.

Those areas of the team affect the quarterback, but the quarterback also affects those areas of the team. Those relationships are bidirectional.

A quarterback who can respond to pressure with movement makes his offensive line's job easier, and as you pointed out, a quarterback who can back off the safeties with effective deep passing makes his running game's job easier.

A quarterback who can score points, keep his team in the game on the scoreboard, and keep the opposing defense guessing as to what the offense is going to do, also makes his offensive line and running game's job easier.

I thought Tannehill was more impressive last year than what we saw from Cutler today. I know it's just one game, but Cutler wasn't wowing me with his play. He played solid, but it certainly wasn't like the game Tanehill had last year vs the Chargers where he was throwing absolute lasers down the field under heavy pressure.

I thought Tannehill was more impressive last year than what we saw from Cutler today. I know it's just one game, but Cutler wasn't wowing me with his play. He played solid, but it certainly wasn't like the game Tanehill had last year vs the Chargers where he was throwing absolute lasers down the field under heavy pressure.

I don't think Bosa was in that game....the Chargers have a really good D

I don't think Bosa was in that game....the Chargers have a really good D
Yes they do and that Addai was playing really good, blew up several plays. Damn we need someone on D that scares an O outside of Suh or Wake.

Maybe, but Tannehill wasn't so impressive in the first game of the season last year. Pocket presence, driving the ball deep ... I think there are some things Tannehill can gain from watching Cutler.

And all of that illustrates how the relationships between the offensive line and the quarterback, and between the running game and the quarterback, aren't unidirectional.

Those areas of the team affect the quarterback, but the quarterback also affects those areas of the team. Those relationships are bidirectional.

A quarterback who can respond to pressure with movement makes his offensive line's job easier, and as you pointed out, a quarterback who can back off the safeties with effective deep passing makes his running game's job easier.

A quarterback who can score points, keep his team in the game on the scoreboard, and keep the opposing defense guessing as to what the offense is going to do, also makes his offensive line and running game's job easier.
Speaking of the OL, it sure was nice to once again see our OL perform much better with Pouncey at the pivot. It's not just his blocking, it's his direction and line management. The run game opens up, the passing game opens up ... its nice. If we get more of this, our offense will blossom, and Cutler will be a major benefactor.

Maybe, but Tannehill wasn't so impressive in the first game of the season last year. Pocket presence, driving the ball deep ... I think there are some things Tannehill can gain from watching Cutler.

Our line still featured a starting Dallas Thomas and the entire O was breaking in a new system. You have to consider that.

He didn't necessarily wow me either but i was impressed with his overall (and often maligned) demeanor and control. Dude just seemed like he was there to handle routine business and it was never going to be too big for him - not to say it is for Tannehill, but it was a different vibe out there behind center, for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom