Tannehill, others trying to get Matt Moore to stay in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill, others trying to get Matt Moore to stay in Miami

I would love to bring back Matt Moore has a backup as well!

If he has half a brain he'll go elsewhere. He's never going to be a great QB but he could probably start for.10 teams right now, Jets and Bills included.

I'd love to keep him as a backup for the right price. But, in all honesty, Moore deserves a fair shot at starting for a lowly team. He was a class act in his time here and really stood behind Tannehill in his rookie season. Good luck to Moore wherever he ends up.

If he has half a brain he'll go elsewhere. He's never going to be a great QB but he could probably start for.10 teams right now, Jets and Bills included.

Realistically I think he would be the best QB on the rosters of:

Chiefs
Browns
Jets
Bills
Raiders
Jaguars
Vikings
Cardinals
Eagles
Titans (with Hasselbeck not what he once was)

I think I'd take him over Josh Freeman, too.

The problem is that he's a lousy practice player and he's not quite good enough that someone is going to want to hand him the keys and build around him. I think he can easily start for those teams mentioned, but my guess is that they'll be looking to hit a home run elsehwere.

Life's short, hope he stays but the NFL QB money out there is gonna be hard to turn down.

Why? Best to bring in a vet to play the #3 role and let Devlin get his #2 Reps that he actually needs to continue developing.
Why would we bring back Matt? At this point he is a progress stopper. Its not like we are pinning our hopes to the Super Bowl this season?
Its hopefully a year of further development of our QB/Offense and team. Maybe a step into the playoffs if things go right.
Chubbs

Why? Best to bring in a vet to play the #3 role and let Devlin get his #2 Reps that he actually needs to continue developing.
Why would we bring back Matt? At this point he is a progress stopper. Its not like we are pinning our hopes to the Super Bowl this season?
Its hopefully a year of further development of our QB/Offense and team. Maybe a step into the playoffs if things go right.
Chubbs
It is like Don Strock when we had Woodley. When things go south in a meaningful game, it is nice to know you have that security blanket on the sideline that can come in and right the ship.

We dont need to over pay for a back up. Devlin will be fine and getting a rooke late may pay benifits down the road.

content with devlin at the #2 at times devlin looked better than tannehill..

very confused with the infatuation with Devlin by some members here. He is an undrafted 2nd year qb who has yet to be on the active roster... What is so damn impressive about him? If he can beat out a Veteran for the #2 job then im all for it. But I am not ready to hand over the #2 job to a player who has proven nothing. And to those who say backup qb is not important think back to don strock, earl morrall, and bernie kosar.

Back
Top Bottom