Tannehill, others trying to get Matt Moore to stay in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill, others trying to get Matt Moore to stay in Miami

very confused with the infatuation with Devlin by some members here. He is an undrafted 2nd year qb who has yet to be on the active roster... What is so damn impressive about him? If he can beat out a Veteran for the #2 job then im all for it. But I am not ready to hand over the #2 job to a player who has proven nothing. And to those who say backup qb is not important think back to don strock, earl morrall, and bernie kosar.
Very confused with the infatuation to have an average at best QB taking away reps from a young QB during a rebuilding year.
Chubbs

Very confused with the infatuation to have an average at best QB taking away reps from a young QB during a rebuilding year.
Chubbs
Because Devlin entering a REAL game SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!!

Can Matt Moore hep Tannehill continue to develop into a top QB? Yes.

Can Pat Devlin, an undrafted Qb fighting for a place on a roster do the same?

I want my backup to be able to work with, teach and improve my young starter. I want a smart capable vet, not a project.

Because Devlin entering a REAL game SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!!

Philbin is high on Devlin, we would probably be wise to trust Philbin in regards to such things.

Worth a shot, but very low probability of success.

He would be a backup here. He wants to start. He is good enough to start somewhere else.

He's gone.

Why? Best to bring in a vet to play the #3 role and let Devlin get his #2 Reps that he actually needs to continue developing.
Why would we bring back Matt? At this point he is a progress stopper. Its not like we are pinning our hopes to the Super Bowl this season?
Its hopefully a year of further development of our QB/Offense and team. Maybe a step into the playoffs if things go right.
Chubbs

DEVLIN is d*(k.

We should bring in all 360 lbs of Jamarcus Russell to compete for the backup spot...

Or Pat White to run the read option.

If he has half a brain he'll go elsewhere. He's never going to be a great QB but he could probably start for.10 teams right now, Jets and Bills included.

Drugs are Awesome Dude. Matt Moore could be a BACK UP on 10 Teams right now. He is a Back Up. Not Elite. Average.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Realistically I think he would be the best QB on the rosters of:

Chiefs
Browns
Jets
Bills
Raiders
Jaguars
Vikings
Cardinals
Eagles
Titans (with Hasselbeck not what he once was)

I think I'd take him over Josh Freeman, too.

The problem is that he's a lousy practice player and he's not quite good enough that someone is going to want to hand him the keys and build around him. I think he can easily start for those teams mentioned, but my guess is that they'll be looking to hit a home run elsehwere.

Josh Freeman > Matt Moore. All Day. And Twice on Sunday Man.

Don't blame Tannehill at all for pushing Matt Moore to stay.

So long as Moore is here, Tannehill will keep his job.

theres a huge difference between Philbin being "high on Devlin" and Devlin "being our backup" Philbin likes Devlin cus he is a brown noser. I think at one point on Hard Knocks Philbin or another member of the staff called him "teachers pet" point is I want my backup to be a decent threat to the starter should he slack of (think Sanchez and Brunell; Brunell was never a threat) and to help Tanny see things he hasn't seen before and how a certain team blitzes into the boundary, things Devlin HASN'T SEEN because he has never even been ACTIVE!!!!!!

Moore would be smart to look elsewhere if he is interested in trying to start. I personally think he is not a good nfl starter overall and would be best served as a backup but there is a weak FA class and he may get a chance to compete elsewhere. I dont think our staff is really that high on Moore since he was never in running to be our starter here. Garrard was considered the starter before he got hurt and Tannehill elevated over him quickly. Not a sign that this staff thinks that highly of him

not gonna happen, matt morre is too good of a backup and tannehill is too good of a starter, so i know matt moore will get a better offer than to to stay here in miami

Heard the Browns are highly interested in Matt Moore.

wow, what a kick in the pants to weeden. so they must be talking backup? I thought the point was to start somewhere. then again, new regime in cleveland.

wow, what a kick in the pants to weeden. so they must be talking backup? I thought the point was to start somewhere. then again, new regime in cleveland.

Apparently they're giving Weeden about half of this season to prove himself or they're looking elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom