Tannehill & Parker have chemistry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill & Parker have chemistry

While RT may have a better repertoire with certain receivers, he has also shown a propensity to spread the ball around. One of his underrated abilities is reading through progressions.

It is further evident by his willingness to go to different WRs even when we needed a catch to get a 1st or keep a drive going.

I know JL got a ton of looks, but I think a good share of that was by design. Ryan never shied away from utilizing other WRs. He has shown streaks where he gets in rhythm with a guy and can really feed a guy. But I definitely know he never stops going to a guy.

Over the years, he has clicked with Matthews, Clay, Gibson, Parker, Landry, Stills and others. I still remember the clips about RT and Keller in practice just before Keller's injury. Keller and RT were about to rip it up. Some special was brewing.

PLEASE GET A TE!
Gotta disagree that tanny is good at reading through progression. He is a one receiver lock. That's way he had so many batted balls early in his career and why he throws so many Ints. He has a 1.5 td to 1 Int ratio

Gotta disagree that tanny is good at reading through progression. He is a one receiver lock. That's way he had so many batted balls early in his career and why he throws so many Ints. He has a 1.5 td to 1 Int ratio
What’s strange about this - and the stats are the stats so I’m not arguing - is that it doesn’t feel like Ryan turns it over as much / similar rate to Cutler and Moore. Not sure if it’s just an illusion or situationally he’s better w protected the ball.

What’s strange about this - and the stats are the stats so I’m not arguing - is that it doesn’t feel like Ryan turns it over as much / similar rate to Cutler and Moore. Not sure if it’s just an illusion or situationally he’s better w protected the ball.
Cutler is only slightly worse at 1.4:1. Part of the illusion of protecting is the amount of sacks he takes 213 in 77 games. Now absolutely we have had some atrious lines but a great deal of them are on him. He needs to learn how to throw the ball away.

Last edited:
Cutler is only slightly better at 1.4:1. Part of the illusion of protecting is the amount of sacks he takes 213 in 77 games. Now absolutely we have had some atrious lines but a great deal of them are on him. He needs to learn how to throw the ball away.
I would like to see him use his athleticism more to anticipate and slide off of his spot earlier than he is inclined to do. If he can get that part of his game to be a strength he’d be so much better.

Cutler is only slightly worse at 1.4:1. Part of the illusion of protecting is the amount of sacks he takes 213 in 77 games. Now absolutely we have had some atrious lines but a great deal of them are on him. He needs to learn how to throw the ball away.

Undermining your own admittance of "atrocious" lines while continuing to blame RT tells me you don't know the importance of an OL. And merely want to serve your own agenda.

Not to put too fine a point on it, you can't progress through reads when you only have time to check your first one. Again, thanks for admitting then withdrawing the answer.

Undermining your own admittance of "atrocious" lines while continuing to blame RT tells me you don't know the importance of an OL. And merely want to serve your own agenda.

Not to put too fine a point on it, you can't progress through reads when you only have time to check your first one. Again, thanks for admitting then withdrawing the answer.
Another non sense post. You can have both, a bad line that leads to sacks and have a qb that takes sacks that he shouldn't have with the same line. You can also gave a qb with a bad line make 1 read and with a bad line and be able to make multiple reads but instead lock on 1 receiver again with the same line. If you can't see that fine stick to your non sense.

Nonsense. Batted balls and INTs have largely been the result of crappy pass protection.

Nonsense. Batted balls and INTs have largely been the result of crappy pass protection.
Wow. Just wow. Batted ball are 100% on tanny as is a majority of ints. The only ints not on tanny are the ones wrs tip. Wow.

Wow. Just wow. Batted ball are 100% on tanny as is a majority of ints. The only ints not on tanny are the ones wrs tip. Wow.
Okay, sure. How many batted balls did Tannehill have? How did that compare to other QBs?

Spot on bro, very good post

my perspective from playing football if you balls is getting batted down that means your offensive lineman aren't doing a good job and are allowing defensive lineman to jump up instead of have their hands on them to prevent them from doing that you try to jump up you automatically get pushed to the ground or a punch to the gut or an easy pancake , it's the oline. No time to throw at all

Last edited:
Talk about throwing **** at walls... Tannehill is 64th in INT % since the year he got drafted... Meaning that 63 QBs throw more interceptions per pass attempts...

I don't know what to say about Parker anymore, I have defended him from day one. I only hope he will turn it around this season.

Back
Top Bottom