Tannehill radio interview

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by uk_dolfan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

2. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

I heard parts of it, while driving to get my oil changed. Actually, my car's oil.

He sounded relaxed during the portions I listened to. Said he learned the divisions after the ribbing last summer, and caught on quickly. The host should have quizzed him on a few, but did not.

When they asked Tannehill about favorite movies he named types of movies rather than specific ones, for the most part. I think he said the Oceans series.

I turned it off when they launched the "man card" garbage. That's the sign of a bad interviewer, when you stoop to something like that.

3. uk_dolfan

I liked the line "Philbin dances around the locker room like a leprechaun" :lol:

4. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I find it funny how Sedano rips the Dolphins a lot on the radio but as soon as a Dolphins player is on he is all happy and joking with them. Then he reads the card about Dolphins season tickets being on sale and how exciting the 2013 season will be. The guy is a moron.

As for Tannehill, he did a great job in the interview and is really down to Earth. I will be surprised if we ever see him in the police reports, rumors of him hooking up with underage girls or any of the other nonsense football players do. Very happy to have him as the quarterback of the Dolphins. Full of class.

5. jamvinny

jamvinny Well-Known Member

He's a confident guy who seems down to earth. From the interviews I've seen/heard he comes across very personable.

6. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Sedano has morphed into a wannabe Dan Lebatard without the humor or intelligence.

7. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Why would you "hook up with underage girls" when your wife is ****ing hot. Super ****ing hot.

Tannehill has the goods this franchise has not seen since Marino. Get the man some ****ing WRs and let's win a super bowl!

8. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

He's starting to remind me more and more of the BIG O!

9. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

The Big O's rants are hilarious.

10. slickrickpuppy

slickrickpuppy Banned Hammered

Sedano is a heat worker who's job is to bury the fins and football in miami..but he's also a wimp who knows when to say something .

11. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

He needs more then just WRs. He needs a seam threat Tight End and a better o-line.

12. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

Haha. Tannehill pees sitting down. :lol::lol:

13. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

This. Sedano tries too hard to be Lebatard.

14. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

Radio 101, kiss the butt of the interviewee no matter how many times you have trashed him in the past. Ryan did well.

15. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

From what I remember from my time at CBS, the host I worked with mentioned how Sedano used to do some work in Tampa. I also overheard two people talking about him in the office and they said he just rubbed people the wrong way. There was an interview on a show while I was in the studio, and the person being interviewed via phone was sarcastically asked how Sedano was doing. The guy made a backhanded remark about Sedano.

As far as him ripping the Dolphins and then acting excited/doing a season ticket promo - hosts that work in a local market have to do that. A DJ at CBS for one of the music stations used to do promos for the Tampa Bay Lightning, when he was actually a fan and loyal follower of another team. It's just part of the job. They have to keep ratings and some loyalties with local teams and sponsors. Also, usually interviews with players go quite professionally, meaning there isn't a lot a host will do that will ruffle up feathers. A lot of questions asked are just used as reference rather than unveiling much new information.

I haven't really listened to Sedano much, so I haven't formed an opinion on him.

16. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Since going to WQAM, he has tried so hard to emulate Lebatard that it is almost painful to listen to. I mean, the format is almost a pure ripoff, right down to the Stugotz role that Brandon Guzio takes on. Heck, even this "man card" skit he did in this interview is essentially a rip off of Lebatard's "Douche or No Douche." No innovation or creativity.

As much as a blowhard LeBatard can be at times, he is genuinely intelligent and creative, and he also is self aware and allows his show not to be taken too seriously. This is where Sedano fails in capturing the magic of the LeBatard Show.

17. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I listen to Sedano on IHeartRadio sometimes at work and that guy can be alright sometimes. I don't like when he talks about the Heat being invincible and no team has any possible chance to beat them. He's very cocky about that.

He also went on a rant yesterday about momentum in sports being fictional and anyone who believes in it is an idiot.

18. uk_dolfan

Tannehill is also being interviewed on the finsiders show on dolphins.com sometime in the next two hours

19. steviey013

steviey013 A True Fan

Great to get an inside look at Tanny. Talk about a down to earth, West-Texas boy. We hit the jackpot man! Imagine the same interview with Andrew Luck...he is such a dork!