Tannehill ranked as 8th best QB out of 38. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill ranked as 8th best QB out of 38.

Jerrysanders

Active Roster
Reaction score
NFL1000 final regular-season breakdown of the leagues top players had Ryan Tannehill as the 8th best QB in the NFL in 2016. Their grading scale is based on 1. Accuracy 2. Arm Strength 3.Pressure/Run threat 4.Decision-Making 5.Positional Value 6. Overall. Tannehill had an overall grade of 74.5.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-season-breakdown-of-the-leagues-top-players

1. Top Scorers
    • Top Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
    • Worst Quarterback: Blaine Gabbert, San Francisco 49ers
    • Most Accurate: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
    • Least Accurate: Blaine Gabbert, San Francisco 49ers
    • Best Arm: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
    • Worst Arm: Ryan Fitzpatrick, New York Jets
    • Best Under Pressure/Run Threat: Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
    • Worst Under Pressure/Run Threat: Gabbert
    • Best Decision-Maker: Tom Brady, New England Patriots
    • Worst Decision-Maker: Blaine Gabbert, San Francisco 49ers

1. Top Scorers
    • Top Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
    • Worst Quarterback: Blaine Gabbert, San Francisco 49ers
    • Most Accurate: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
    • Least Accurate: Blaine Gabbert, San Francisco 49ers
    • Best Arm: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
    • Worst Arm: Ryan Fitzpatrick, New York Jets
    • Best Under Pressure/Run Threat: Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
    • Worst Under Pressure/Run Threat: Gabbert
    • Best Decision-Maker: Tom Brady, New England Patriots
    • Worst Decision-Maker: Blaine Gabbert, San Francisco 49ers

It appears they don't like Gabbert much.

Why would anyone like Gabbert ? He's pure trash.

Personally I world never call anyone who has made it to the NFL level "Pure Trash" regardless of if they've succeed or not. If they're pure trash what does that make me, seeing that I could never even sniff an NFL training camp? I would hate walking around thinking I'm 5 or 10 times worse than "Pure Trash". That wouldn't be good for my self esteem.

The point of my post was just stating the obvious, they're not very high on Gabbert seeing that they have him as the worst of several categories.

Personally I world never call anyone who has made it to the NFL level "Pure Trash" regardless of if they've succeed or not. If they're pure trash what does that make me, seeing that I could never even sniff an NFL training camp? I would hate walking around thinking I'm 5 or 10 times worse than "Pure Trash". That wouldn't be good for my self esteem.

The point of my post was just stating the obvious, they're not very high on Gabbert seeing that they have him as the worst of several categories.

Relativity is key when making any type of comparison; you can't make any reasonable conclusion by comparing an NFL player to a couch potato. Specificity is key; I can only compare Gabbert to his peers. (NFL Players who trained their whole life for a single purpose) If I compared Gabbert to myself he would look like the greatest of all time but compared to his peers he's pure trash the fact that he's better than ppl not in the NFL doesn't change anything.

It's more of an indictment of the team forced to play him being pure trash than the actual player. If 90% of the backups in the NFL were forced to play meaningful games they would be pure trash too. It's relative his performance vs. capable starting QBs.

OBVIOUSLY he's a better QB than you. However, compared to me he is pure trash.

It's more of an indictment of the team forced to play him being pure trash than the actual player. If 90% of the backups in the NFL were forced to play meaningful games they would be pure trash too. It's relative his performance vs. capable starting QBs.

OBVIOUSLY he's a better QB than you. However, compared to me he is pure trash.
lol

Curious what people who say "he isn't well respected / regarded around the league" have to say about this?

A lot of effort was put into those rankings. I saw a lot of things to disagree with, but that's the name of the game.

What struck me was...Reshad Jones in the top 10 overall!

Number 1 strong safety!

Yeah whoever did the safety rankings apparently has a poster of Reshad Jones over their bed. They ranked him as the #1 strong safety in every category -- pass defense, run defense, tackling, coverage in the slot, reactions, the whole schmear.

Back
Top Bottom