Tannehill restructured his contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill restructured his contract

Does anyone have at least a guestimate of where we currently sit with the subtractions, restructures, and additions (Wilson, Amendola, Quinn)?

Don't really get the need for these restructures. There's not enough talent out there to be big spending in free agency this year. Guess were going to plug up with the roster with more mid level garbage.

This is exactly my thought. Who is worth huge contracts now? So dumb.

Is "restructure" another word for "kick the can down the road?"

More obvious evidence of our brilliant FO! I'm kinda surprised they didn't franchise tag Thill...

We are actually in pretty good cap shape after this year. If we are responsible with our spending now, and actually show some intelligence in spending going forward, we are in great cap shape.

But those are both big IFs.

You guys know that just about every team does this. I am a Tannehill fan so I am happy to see that it appears he will be around the next years. PLUS at this cost compared to the deals Cousins is getting that is crazy money.

Kinda feels like they're mortgaging the future to make sure this year goes well. Maybe Ross told them to get it together or they will be replaced.

Miami will be rolling over a lot of money into 2019. Add that to the $40m+ and the expected cap cuts of Branch and Kiko, Miami will be sitting near $65m in Cap next year.
LOL , when has Mikey T ever stashed away money for the Christmas fund. This all points to him going on spending frenzy.

Looks like no Baker Mayfield.

I think Tannehill is a good quarterback and I support the team rolling with him into the future, so if you are disappointed by this move let me tell you:

I do not think this takes QB at 11 off the table AT ALL. What this does mean is that if we do draft a quarterback early, he will have to earn his starting spot and it almost certainly won't be in 2018.

Seems to indicate no QB in the first round. It would be real dick to have Tannehill restructure and then draft his replacement.
I disagree. Even if tanni is restructured I'm sure he still be traded next yr. my only concern would be another big injury

Back
Top Bottom