Tannehill - small observation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill - small observation

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I have a fairly high attention to detail. I regularly look at the Dolphins roster on the official Dolphins website. In recent years, Ryan Tannehill's weight has fluctuated very little, between 220 and 222 lbs. It has been so consistent that at times I have wondered about it's accuracy. However, I notice on the recently revised roster they are reporting that it has declined to 216 lbs. While 6 lbs is only a small drop (2.7%), when you're as skinny as Ryan, it probably wasn't a loss of fat and therefore it's not a good sign. This is probably the product of his injury and the restrictions that were placed on his training, but I thought that I would pass it on if others are interested.
Ryan is extremely lean and probably has difficulty gaining any weight. I actually yearn to see him put on a bit more beef and go up to around 230 lbs.

he's been rehabbing and was not able to work out properly. it's a long process to recover from injuries like that. I'd be more worried if he showed up to TC like that. He should be ready by then

it could be necessary to relieve pressure on knee that is afflicted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt he'd get up to 230. Up 4 pounds to 220 I think will happen by end of August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother was a body builder and he could fluctuate his weight as needed whether it be gaining for a heavyweight lifting competition or posing for a bodybuilding contest. I believe the pro athletes are similar and Tannehill can quickly control his weight as he desires.

He finally got the monkey off his back!!!

staying light on his toes while rehabbing his knee is smart, he'll put on some pudding before he starts taking live hits

I've weight trained for twenty years. Fluctuate from 205 to 240. Not too worried

Worried about his weight in May? The last time I checked, training camp is still a couple of months away. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Every pound of body weight adds 4 extra pounds of pressure on each knee. So yeah there is probably a combination of not being able to go full on the weights as well as for recovery. 4 pounds of muscle lost (prob more like 6 and some fat gained) can be rebuilt in about a month safely and relatively easily for an athlete his age. My guess is if he is still 215ish preseason he will be able to get up to that 220 range by week 1.

It's not like he missed 6 months. He missed a month, and that was 5 months ago. Doubt that inactivity caused a weight loss this late.

I thought this thread was about someone sneaking into the locker room ...

Nice find. While this intell by itself is not too dramatic, it is something nice to know and keep in mind as we go into the preseason. It may be something that just happened or it may be part of a plan. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom