Tannehill starting tonight! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill starting tonight!

My head is seriously hurting from the number of correct decisions I've seen this franchise make since hiring Philbin.

I don't even know what to think right now.

:iwantmore:

just dance...i'm moon walking at work...

Hopefully he plays the whole first half. Not just a few snaps like other 1's.

Can't crown him as the opening day starter yet. He can't afford to fall on his face against Carolina tonight. I'll count my chickens after tonights game. That said it's ****in hard not to get excited about tonight!

Hopefully he plays the whole first half. Not just a few snaps like other 1's.

U read my mind.... Was just thinking i hope he plays alot because it would suck if he came out had 2 drives and then Moore plays like 2 whole quarters. Would almost rather see him play with the 2's and 3's if it means more time for him on the field. Man i hope he wins the job.

Does Tannehill starting = less playing time? If so, color me disappointed.

i'm crowning him...you guys can wait as long as you want...he got run with the 1's all week and reports were looked solid...week 1 starter...lock it up

My head is seriously hurting from the number of correct decisions I've seen this franchise make since hiring Philbin.

I don't even know what to think right now.

:iwantmore:

I agree. He needs to start every game...take off the training wheels.

Ben Volin says 25- to 30 snaps...

Kinda hope he gets a few more then that ... maybe like 35-40 snaps. I guess it depends on how the drives go... if its alot of 3 and outs he may play more if he drives us to a TD and FG in 2 out of the first 3 drives he will be done for the night.

i'm sure he'll get a quarter and a half or so...somewhere in there...maybe a half if they want to get a longer look...

Kinda hope he gets a few more then that ... maybe like 35-40 snaps. I guess it depends on how the drives go... if its alot of 3 and outs he may play more if he drives us to a TD and FG in 2 out of the first 3 drives he will be done for the night.

25-30 snaps is a half. I'd be good seeing him play the first half. Let Moore come in and put the nail in his former team's coffin during the second half.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm crowning him...you guys can wait as long as you want...he got run with the 1's all week and reports were looked solid...week 1 starter...lock it up

unless he completely lays an egg against the Panthers, I think it's safe to say Tanny has won the job. Nothing against Matt Moore cause I do like him, but there are things that hurt Moore.

1.There are throws he can't make
2.He takes forever to go through his progressions. There were SO many plays last year that either weren't made or weren't as big as they could have been because Moore didn't look for them. I'll aways mention the first Jets game last year, the drive that ended in a Revis Pick-6 the play before the pick, Lex Hilliard is WIDE OPEN jumping up and down calling for the ball and Moore doesn't look his way, and on the pick, Clay was wide open running towards the endzone and Moore tried to force it to Marshall.

Moore to me is kind of like a Billy Volek or AJ Feely. He's a great backup, and when your starter is hurt he can keep the team competitive. BUT when you expect him to be a regular starter, he's not gonna be as good.

Back
Top Bottom