Tannehill starting tonight! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill starting tonight!

I hope we see a lot of Fasano and Clay tonight, I really want this kid to build up a relationship with these guys. Will make his Rookie season much easier.
Chubb

He has to score on the opening drive. If he does it will lock it up for sure.

Ryan Tannehill was criticized in college for how he handled high pressure moments.

This is a high pressure moment. If he plays well, essentially the job is his. If he doesn't, it might be all the excuse the coaches need to shelf him for the more experienced guy. And, it will be all the excuse the people that criticized his handling of big moments in college need to say that he still crumbles under the strain of high pressure situations.

It will be an interesting game.

the kids gonna make mistakes...we just have to accept it...matt moore makes plenty of mistakes...the thing with tannehill though is i want to see his mistakes become learning tools...when he throws a pick 6 on an out which will happen he learns what he did wrong when he stares down a target and a safety undercuts the route for an int learn from it...show me growth...i don't need the kid to be an all pro in year one...just show that you have a future that we should build around...i'll be happy

so what's a realistic expectation? between 15-20 TDs and similar INTs? I think it's something to build on, but passing TDs are gonna be hard to come by at times.

people's choice. let's go People's Choice.

Really pumped for Tannehill starting tonight! Wish I still lived in Charlotte so I could be there for it.

Very happy to be in North Carolina right now where the game will be televised. Woot.

so what's a realistic expectation? between 15-20 TDs and similar INTs? I think it's something to build on, but passing TDs are gonna be hard to come by at times.

tds are gonna be hard to come by...especially from the wrs...i'd start pulling some of these wrs off the field and rolling with my te's more...i can see us having some issues in the red zone cashing in...

that said i don't really care about his #'s...i'll go by what i see...but imo given what he has at his disposal anything better than an even td to int ratio i'll be pretty impressed with...if he gives us 20 tds as a rook bravo

Peoples Choice!

Will the game air in Miami market?

tds are gonna be hard to come by...especially from the wrs...i'd start pulling some of these wrs off the field and rolling with my te's more...i can see us having some issues in the red zone cashing in...

that said i don't really care about his #'s...i'll go by what i see...but imo given what he has at his disposal anything better than an even td to int ratio i'll be pretty impressed with...if he gives us 20 tds as a rook bravo

I agree TDs may be hard to come by, and like you said the TEs will be big. Fasano had a 7 TD season with us before and it would not shock me if he had more than that this year. I also think Reggie is gonna be heavily involved. A healthy Bess and Hartline will help a bunch if we use them in the red zone

so pissed I'll be missing the most important part of this game tonight.... stupid grad school orientation :(

With Ryan starting I'll bet they try to establish the running game tonight. Give the kid some safe throws at first and build confidence.
I think it's more important he leads the team on scoring drives then just go out there and wings the football.

No mistakes. Accurate throws. No picks or fumbles. Leadership in the huddle. That's what I want to see.

Or course if he comes out and throws a couple long TD passes i'm good will that also :hump:

I agree TDs may be hard to come by, and like you said the TEs will be big. Fasano had a 7 TD season with us before and it would not shock me if he had more than that this year. I also think Reggie is gonna be heavily involved. A healthy Bess and Hartline will help a bunch if we use them in the red zone

i don't think hartline offers anything in the red zone...he can run some stuff against zone if they do that but he's no fade threat and not physical...bess can run some stuff underneath at the goalline but the oppositions gonna be paying him a lot of attention as we get closer to the goal...fasano may be a go to red zone guy in this o...clay if he learns the damn assignments could be...we'll see

Gotta remember this is not a declaration that he's won the competition. This is a start and I wouldn't be surprised if he's in for 2 series, then Moore is in for 2 series, then Tannehill 2 more series, then Moore 2 more series...something like that.

Back
Top Bottom