Tannehill STILL hasn't had surgery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill STILL hasn't had surgery

Phinsguy

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article166625052.html

Really.....what the f is up with him???....It's almost like he's one of those anti-vaccine/anti-meds nuts who thinks they know better and wind up suffering from illnesses & disease (or have their children do so) because of their own convoluted beliefs.

I posed a question the other day as to if the doctors made a professional diagnosis that surgery was needed and he refused, could it be grounds for a violation of his contract terms.....probably not, but too bad it wasn't or cannot be part of the language so it could be used to force his hand........IMO it should be standard in most player's contract or you'll wind up getting what we have here......a player who has obtained some medical knowledge but thinks he knows better than medical professionals with decades of real world experience & knowledge.

And no......I'm not saying to forcibly strap him down and do the surgery...I'm saying the team should be able to void his contract if he stubbornly refuses to do what a cadre of experts say must be done to ensure the proper fix for his knee and not let him dictate to the team how & when he'll deal with it.

Last edited:
If he doesn't opt for surgery, at this point, you've got to question the dude's IQ.

Not an MD, but I've hardly ever heard of an ACL tear being successfully rehabbed w/o surgery in professional sports. MCL? Yes. ACL, almost always requires reconstructive surgery.

I'm starting to wonder about this myself. is Ryan the roadblock to the surgery or is this really the advice he's getting. I know nothing about this, I can't stress that enough, but logically this makes no sense to me.

1. Partially tear ACL
2. Forego surgery and rehab knee for roughly 8 months.
3. Suffer a similar injury 2 weeks into camp.
4. Thinking about rehabbing again.

This makes no sense to me.

Have to wait for swelling to go down.. surgery in a week or two

Good Lord what is with all the newly found Finheaven doctors posting on this site.

You do realize it usually takes a minimum of 2 weeks before surgery can even be performed due to swelling needing to subside . . . right?

Tannehill was just injured 8 days ago. I hated that he didn't have the surgery but that ship has sailed . . . him not having surgery yet is not a concern because it isn't possible at the moment.

Why so extreme in your comparisons?

I'm getting annoyed I dont think swelling is an issue here I think he's sitting on it for some reason.

I'd like to be able to look to 2018 but right now I can't and won't be able to if he doesn't get the surgery done.

swelling.

2-3 weeks isnt going to make much of difference if his target date is training camp in 2018.

Hell he will prob be able to do limited drills/drop backs in mini camp to at least keep his arm/timing fresh.

I'm getting annoyed I dont think swelling is an issue here I think he's sitting on it for some reason.

I'd like to be able to look to 2018 but right now I can't and won't be able to if he doesn't get the surgery done.

Or maybe they are thinking this latest episode is unrelated to his initial injury.....

Highly doubtful though. Go under the knife and come back pissed off next year. Still plenty of time for him to hit the back 9 of his career strong.

Good Lord what is with all the newly found Finheaven doctors posting on this site.

You do realize it usually takes a minimum of 2 weeks before surgery can even be performed due to swelling needing to subside . . . right?

Tannehill was just injured 8 days ago. I hated that he didn't have the surgery but that ship has sailed . . . him not having surgery yet is not a concern because it isn't possible at the moment.

If that's true, why is he out walking around on it on the practice field fist bumping people.......he's certainly not doing the normal thing to have swelling go down, namely, stay off of it, limit movement, elevate & ice it.......and, I only saw pieces of the game last night but was he there standing on sideline for 3 hours???.....yeah....not conducive to aiding in the reducing swelling thing.

this....take a Xanax guys Tannehill is smarter than most of the people posting on this forum, especially when it comes to Medical Procedures.....

If that's true, why is he out walking around on it on the practice field fist bumping people.......he's certainly not doing the normal thing to have swelling go down, namely, stay off of it, limit movement, elevate & ice it.

You are supposed to walk on an ACL injury to prevent stiffness in the knee and muscle atrophy. You think he is suppoed to sit in a chair for 24 hours and ice a knee all day? Come on man.

I'm frustrated with the injury, too, but I'm trying to take a step back and remember that of all the people involved in this situation, RT is the one affected most. If he needs more time to make the right decision, then he needs more time.

this....take a Xanax guys Tannehill is smarter than most of the people posting on this forum, especially when it comes to Medical Procedures.....

That kind of thinking (esp. by HIM) is exactly why he is in the position he is today......he knew better than everyone (including all the doctors) when he chose to forego surgery last time....LOL

Back
Top Bottom