Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor

How is Tannehill more proven than any of these qbs coming out?

He has played in the NFL and has put up decent #s. Each one of the QBs in this class have many question marks like Tannehill did before he was drafted. IMO there is no Luck, Peyton Manning or even a Phillip Rivers in this draft. Each one of these QBs has as good a chance of being a bust then they do being a better NFL QB than Tannehill already has been. Tannehill may not be great but at least he has proven to be a competent NFL QB that you can win with it you put a solid roster around him.

If I am trading #11 and my starting QB, I want more of a sure thing than anyone in that group appears to be.

That's not enough. Broncos would have to throw in their 3rd and 4th round picks. I am not giving up a proven starting QB to move up 6 spots.
Are you serious? Tannehill could barely net a 3rd right now. 6 spots in the top 10 is more then a 3rd

The only reasons I can see for Denver to do this deal are:

1. They aren't going to get Cousins and think they can win now with Tannehill. If this is the case then either they overrate him or we underrate him.

2. They don't see a franchise QB in this year's draft worth a top five pick. This means they are either going to be wrong like the Browns passing on QBs like Wentz, or they are going to be justified down the road when the QBs flop.

For me, I would stick with Tannehill and wait to draft someone at 11, or try to work out a trade up that doesn't involve Tannehill because he can then be the stopgap.

Yes it is. Absolutely is.

Tannehill has a market value of a late 2, maybe a little less due to his knee. That late of a pick doesn’t get you up from 11 to 5. But, we can wait and see. Maybe you’re right.

A hack

But if this happens guess I will walk the plank and be recording broncos games every Sunday

Tannehill and 11 for 5 is miami getting hosed again but maybe it’s best for him to get out of here anyways. Never appreciated
Tannehill Isn't worth 6 Spots in the top 10. So actually, the Broncos get hosed

If the QBs in this draft are as great as some here believe and Tannehill is as bad as some people here seem to believe then why would Denver consider that trade? Wouldn't they just take one of those sure thing awesome QBs with that pick?

Back
Top Bottom