TANNEHILL VERSUS THE WORLD: THE IN-DEPTH COMPARISON TANNEHILL’S CRITICS DON’T WANT YOU TO READ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TANNEHILL VERSUS THE WORLD: THE IN-DEPTH COMPARISON TANNEHILL’S CRITICS DON’T WANT YOU TO READ

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Very long read by Lazaro Montecruz.

As for the notion that Ryan Tannehill is not good enough to lead the Dolphins to a championship, there is little reason to give it any credence. He has already displayed more than enough talent to do so. As the chart below highlights, he has a higher career passer rating than 22 of the 31 QBs who have won a Super Bowl. Tannehill’s critics will, no doubt, argue that passer rating is not a particularly accurate measure in this case because the game has changed drastically since the dawn of the Super Bowl era. Well, there is certainly no doubt the sport has evolved, but the formula used to calculate a QB’s efficiency has remained unchanged since 1973. Moreover, the league statisticians then went back and applied it to the careers of quarterbacks who played before that date. Thus, it has been the best and only constant measure throughout the modern era of the game.

https://welcometoperfectville.com/2...son-tannehills-critics-dont-want-you-to-read/

Lots of work here and a ton to read, good job.

BS.. the game has changed and made it easier to be more efficient as a QB..and produce more stats.

I like Tannehill...but that part of the argument is lame.

actually the BS part is you claiming its easier to play QB now....

Probably the best analysis of tannehill relative to his fellow qbs I've ever read. The only thing it's missing which can't be given the scale of the tape played is extensive tape study play by play gif evidence which if attempted league wide to present would be near impossible.

And furthermore concrete evidence of why a competent head coach and offensive football mind like Adam gase never ever considered benching Ryan tannehill in 2016.

The tape just doesn't even remotely back that up. It never has and I will go to my grave on that.

Last edited:
Well worth the read if you have the time. Very well written and he has definitely done his research

sadly, the critics will just brush this to the side most likely

Wow...Really good read...IMO Tannehill has done nothing put improve since he has been here...Now with a good coaching staff and even better players around him I feel he will only get better as well as our team.

Thanks for the post man...Well done!

I like the effort but it's hard reading after this part because I believe Kirk Cousins is a good NFL QB:

Kirk Cousins – This will be the most controversial elimination, and yet, as we shall explore in greater detail later in this article, Cousins numbers are somewhat deceiving. While he produced the 15th most prolific season, in terms of passing yards, in NFL history last year, it took him until his 4th season to become a full-time starter. He has only two complete seasons under his belt and, as such, has yet to establish himself as consistent a performer as those moving on to the next round.

I see 500 attempts this year for Tannehill. 67% completion rate again for 335/500 for 4,020 yards with the big difference coming in TD's @ 37.

DeVante Parker: 10 TD
Jarvis Landry: 8 TD
Kenny Stills: 7 TD
Julius Thomas: 8 TD
Jay Ajayi: 1 TD
Drake: 1 TD
Anthony Fasano: 2 TD

No. I am not high.

I see 500 attempts this year for Tannehill. 67% completion rate again for 335/500 for 4,020 yards with the big difference coming in TD's @ 37.

DeVante Parker: 10 TD
Jarvis Landry: 8 TD
Kenny Stills: 7 TD
Julius Thomas: 8 TD
Jay Ajayi: 1 TD
Drake: 1 TD
Anthony Fasano: 2 TD

No. I am not high.

I think thats feasible, but I bet Ajayi/Drake steal some of those away from thomas/landry. I hope Landry can find the endzone more this year though

Well done - i didn't like the Cousins omission as i think he and Tannehill are on similar trajectories, albeit different styles, but in the end he compared them pretty nicely anyway.

If Tannehill does what so many of us are expecting this year, the satisfaction is going to be massive watching him stick it to the naysayers...Ross Tucker comes to mind - I enjoy his podcast, would like it better hearing him eat some crow (and to his credit, he probably would if required).

Very interesting and well thought out article. I was against picking him when we did, but you have to credit the staff that made the call.
They saw the work ethic and tremendous upside. In hindsight, an excellent pick.
Assuming RT has another very good year, lock him up for another 5 years with an extension.
This study made his case.
The only area that was deficient, was wins. Some of that was team weakness, but he needs to "find a way" and get it done.
We were seeing some of that in the close wins before he was hurt last year.
I see no reason why he shouldn't pick up right where he left off.
After all the negativity, and RT handled it with class, the stats don't lie.

Definitely a ton of work went into that. Wow!

I know several people who's had will explode when they read that. I hope that knee is 100% bc as had been stated for so long, we are in very good hands with this kid.

Ajayi will score more than 1 TD this season. Not sure if Parker will get 10 but I'd love it. I think we've gotten much better in the off season. The only loss was Dion Sims who has been replaced by far better talent imo. If the team gets a break on the devastating injuries we have a chance to be a very difficult team to beat. Honestly, the offense should be electric. We have talent, speed, power, an ascending QB and RB as well as one of the best receiving corps in the game. I was watching some games from last season and I saw Bushrod do some fine run blocking. If Larsen or Asiata can give us quality play from the LG position we should be in great shape. I would have liked us to get a top guard in FA but Gase didn't pull the trigger. He loves Bushrod and I really think in his 2nd season at RG he'll do a good job. It would sure help is the guy on his left was Pouncey for 16 games. A healthy Pouncey cements the oline and make it a force, 2 200 yd. games by Ajayi is proof of that. I can't wait for the season to get here already!

Back
Top Bottom