TANNEHILL VERSUS THE WORLD: THE IN-DEPTH COMPARISON TANNEHILL’S CRITICS DON’T WANT YOU TO READ

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Samphin, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Samphin

Samphin Dolphins Homer

Very long read by Lazaro Montecruz.

https://welcometoperfectville.com/2...son-tannehills-critics-dont-want-you-to-read/

2. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Lots of work here and a ton to read, good job.

3. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

BS.. the game has changed and made it easier to be more efficient as a QB..and produce more stats.

I like Tannehill...but that part of the argument is lame.

miamiron and Yessir like this.
  4. Al13

Al13 Don´t mess with Clint

actually the BS part is you claiming its easier to play QB now....

5. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Probably the best analysis of tannehill relative to his fellow qbs I've ever read. The only thing it's missing which can't be given the scale of the tape played is extensive tape study play by play gif evidence which if attempted league wide to present would be near impossible.

And furthermore concrete evidence of why a competent head coach and offensive football mind like Adam gase never ever considered benching Ryan tannehill in 2016.

The tape just doesn't even remotely back that up. It never has and I will go to my grave on that.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    fin415 and Travis34 like this.
  6. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Well worth the read if you have the time. Very well written and he has definitely done his research

sadly, the critics will just brush this to the side most likely

7. Vector1Dolphins

Vector1Dolphins Seasoned Veteran

Wow...Really good read...IMO Tannehill has done nothing put improve since he has been here...Now with a good coaching staff and even better players around him I feel he will only get better as well as our team.

Thanks for the post man...Well done!

8. Game Day

Game Day Banned Hammered

I like the effort but it's hard reading after this part because I believe Kirk Cousins is a good NFL QB:

Kirk Cousins – This will be the most controversial elimination, and yet, as we shall explore in greater detail later in this article, Cousins numbers are somewhat deceiving. While he produced the 15th most prolific season, in terms of passing yards, in NFL history last year, it took him until his 4th season to become a full-time starter. He has only two complete seasons under his belt and, as such, has yet to establish himself as consistent a performer as those moving on to the next round.

9. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

I see 500 attempts this year for Tannehill. 67% completion rate again for 335/500 for 4,020 yards with the big difference coming in TD's @ 37.

DeVante Parker: 10 TD
    Jarvis Landry: 8 TD
    Kenny Stills: 7 TD
    Julius Thomas: 8 TD
    Jay Ajayi: 1 TD
    Drake: 1 TD
    Anthony Fasano: 2 TD

No. I am not high.

LANGER72 likes this.
  10. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I think thats feasible, but I bet Ajayi/Drake steal some of those away from thomas/landry. I hope Landry can find the endzone more this year though

11. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Optimist Homer Finheaven VIP

Well done - i didn't like the Cousins omission as i think he and Tannehill are on similar trajectories, albeit different styles, but in the end he compared them pretty nicely anyway.

If Tannehill does what so many of us are expecting this year, the satisfaction is going to be massive watching him stick it to the naysayers...Ross Tucker comes to mind - I enjoy his podcast, would like it better hearing him eat some crow (and to his credit, he probably would if required).

12. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Very interesting and well thought out article. I was against picking him when we did, but you have to credit the staff that made the call.
    They saw the work ethic and tremendous upside. In hindsight, an excellent pick.
    Assuming RT has another very good year, lock him up for another 5 years with an extension.
    This study made his case.
    The only area that was deficient, was wins. Some of that was team weakness, but he needs to "find a way" and get it done.
    We were seeing some of that in the close wins before he was hurt last year.
    I see no reason why he shouldn't pick up right where he left off.
    After all the negativity, and RT handled it with class, the stats don't lie.

13. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Definitely a ton of work went into that. Wow!

I know several people who's had will explode when they read that. I hope that knee is 100% bc as had been stated for so long, we are in very good hands with this kid.

14. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

15. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

Ajayi will score more than 1 TD this season. Not sure if Parker will get 10 but I'd love it. I think we've gotten much better in the off season. The only loss was Dion Sims who has been replaced by far better talent imo. If the team gets a break on the devastating injuries we have a chance to be a very difficult team to beat. Honestly, the offense should be electric. We have talent, speed, power, an ascending QB and RB as well as one of the best receiving corps in the game. I was watching some games from last season and I saw Bushrod do some fine run blocking. If Larsen or Asiata can give us quality play from the LG position we should be in great shape. I would have liked us to get a top guard in FA but Gase didn't pull the trigger. He loves Bushrod and I really think in his 2nd season at RG he'll do a good job. It would sure help is the guy on his left was Pouncey for 16 games. A healthy Pouncey cements the oline and make it a force, 2 200 yd. games by Ajayi is proof of that. I can't wait for the season to get here already!

16. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

I guess we're not going to score many TDs on the ground/running game

17. PhishyPhishy

PhishyPhishy Well-Known Member

This article has given me such a raging clue.

18. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

That is some crazy analysis. Bravo to the writer. Holy Smokes!

19. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

Those were receiving TD's only and he has never had one in his two years here. That's why I kept it low.

20. Atila

Atila Atila - the freshmaker. Finheaven VIP

Surprised you guys are so high on Cousins - I don't think they're on similar trajectories at all. Tannehill is going to go along the way of Matt Ryan - who was **** on very hard (especially here) and now is heralded is a pretty damn good QB and someone who has the ability to win it all (regardless of what the final takeaway is HERE).

Anyways, I think Cousins has shown a lot of "it" a lot of Andrew Luck but he doesn't seem to be quite the tactician or even technician Tannehill is. I don't think he can make as many throws, I don't think he can make every single throw... I think Tannehill can. If he does continue on the upswing, he will be more of an Andrew Luck to me - someone who will win because of clutch factor and swagger. I don't think Tannehill has developed the elite swagger yet, and that's his main drawback now, but with elite coaching he will be a quarterback who will pick teams apart (which I don't think Cousins will ever be able to do). I also (personally) don't expect Cousins to have quite the career arch that I do for Tannehill.

As an aside, I did not click the link/read the article so I guess my opinion might be a little less valid... and in that descriptive paragraph I think it's lame that they mention his QBR being better than 22 all-time greats even though we ALL know how skewed that formula is at this point when comparing generations of QB's.