Tannehill vs RG3 this year.....RG3 who?? Tannehill looked way better see for yourself | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs RG3 this year.....RG3 who?? Tannehill looked way better see for yourself

No doubt Tannehill has a gun and can make all the throws. But it's definitely hard to say who's going to be the better throw. It's impossible to be sure. We've all seen in many times. There have been plenty of first round busts - hell top 5 busts - and a lot of guys picked later, much later, that have had HoF careers. Watching tape on them, I think they will both do well at the next level. But there is no way to predict that someone is a sure fire franchise guy.

This guy is really raw. He has the potential to be really good in the NFL. Sitting behind Peyton Manning could do wonders for him.

The OP is obviously trolling. Nobody in their right mind would rather have Tannehill instead of RG3. There is no comparison, RG3 is light years ahead of where Tannehill is. Tannehill someday may be better but there is no comparison. Good job troll!

The OP is obviously trolling. Nobody in their right mind would rather have Tannehill instead of RG3. There is no comparison, RG3 is light years ahead of where Tannehill is. Tannehill someday may be better but there is no comparison. Good job troll!
I would. I still stand by my assesment that Griffin is just as big of a project as Tannehill. Probably moreso, seeing as Tannehill played in a pro style offense run by our current OC.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find worrisome is that our current OC did not start him for three years. So either Sherman was not impressed,or he is a poor judge of QB talent.

RG3 blows Tannenhill out of the water. Even if RG3 weren't athletic, he's still without a shadow of a doubt the #2 QB prospect in the draft. If we get Manning I wouldn't mind trading down and taking a stab at him if available.

What he said!!!

LOL your talking about one highlight where he just threw it up which is the only highlight he has I believe when actually under pressure. RG3 is a great COLLEGE qb esp in the spread where everything is easy as hell to process and it allows guys like him to put up big numbers also add in first round talent at reciever and you got a guy with big numbers and alot of hype, Baylor wasnt **** until his 4th year... Tannehill put his team on the map immediately once he got the opportunity in basically one year of work let alone if Tannehill was in RG3 System his numbers would have drastically improved shoot there numbers were somewhat close aside from picks which come with more experience and Tannehill didnt have the talent offensivly that RG3 did. Let alone Tannehill out preformed RG3 head to head in stats and got the W.... Also, alot of RG3s big plays were when he moved around a little in the pocket and chucked up a deep ball to his first round reciever off his back foot that wont fly in the NFL thats for sure and if Im not mistaking wasnt the knock on him that his deep ball throws werent all that great? As far as accuracy how hard is it to throw to a guy wide open in a 5wr set I could put up big numbers in that offense look at all the qbs that come from a spread offense all have huge numbers?? And they all stink in the NFL.... Like I said dont get me wrong hes a great player but id rather hed my bet on the guy who learned from sherman who has groomed good qbs then a guy who runs a spread offense and all they do is no huddle throw no huddle throw cause everyone is always open. Bottom line RG3 will never win a superbowl or even prob not even a div champ hes all flash that wont get you over the hump for a ring. Only time will tell.

This entire wall of text is ridiculous.

1) Baylor was a terrible program before RG3. He was injured sophmore year and still took his bears to 2 bowl games. Pre AP polls had the bears unranked in 2011. RG3 got them to 13th. Pre AP polls had the Aggies ranked at 7th. Tannehill got them to unranked. All of a sudden RG3's situation is way better than Tannehill's? RG3 put his team on the map. Tannehill dropped his team off the map.

2) Tannehill would not have put up these numbers because almost no one in the history of the college game has. RG3's 2011 campaign is second all time in passer efficiency rating, second all time in yards/attempt, and a couple fractions of a percentage away from being top 10 in comp% all time.

3) There is little "knock" on RG3's deep ball. Most say it's the best in college 2011. If there's anything wrong with it, it is that he can float them sometimes. When your guy beats 1 on 1 coverage, you don't need to drive it into their chest. Make it a easy catch. It's not to say he can't drive the ball. He can and does that often.

4) Kendall Wright may be a possible 1st round talent, but he's 5'10" and runs one of the slowest 40's in the WR class this year. If he made anything "easy" for RG3, it was not due to physical gifts.

I think there's 2 sides to the Tannehill argument. First being he has a huge ceiling since he's only played qb for 1 1/2 seasons but the other side of it being why did he not become the qb sooner? Did he just come out of nowhere and nobody expected him to be as good as he was or was it that they needed a good wr and felt they could manage with the existing qbs they had? I read somewhere that he actually went to all the qb meetings and practiced as a qb over the years but was a wr on game day.

I wonder if him being a walk on played into him not being a qb sooner?

Tannehill could end up being great. Based on what they did in college....there is no comparison. RG3 was way better plain and simple. Does that mean the fins shouldnt draft tannehill? No! My point is that if I had an option for either I would take RG3 and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who knows anything about football to disagree with that! 32 NFL teams would take RG3, hell Sherman would probably take RG3.lol

For whatever it's worth, that is heck of a release Tanny brings! My God! Seing them both play makes me want a REAL QB more then anything else this Christmas.

Taking Tanny at 8 would be a mistake. Dude has barely played any quarterback, locks onto his receivers, has a quick but raw delivery and seems to make bad decisions and you want to spend a top 10 pick on him. He'd be a good late round project, but no way do you spend a top 10 pick on a guy who couldn't start in college at his current position. I'd pass unless he is there in the 3rd or 4th round and we didn't have a qb yet.

Taking Tanny at 8 would be a mistake. Dude has barely played any quarterback, locks onto his receivers, has a quick but raw delivery and seems to make bad decisions and you want to spend a top 10 pick on him. He'd be a good late round project, but no way do you spend a top 10 pick on a guy who couldn't start in college at his current position. I'd pass unless he is there in the 3rd or 4th round and we didn't have a qb yet.
Yet Griffin is worth trading a whole draft for despite having a long delivery, no experience under center, locking onto recievers, and bailing out of the pocket at the slightest sign of pressure or the reciever that he was staring down is covered.

were comparing a wr who became a qb to a qb who a year ago was projected to be a wr in the nfl.

rg3 is a one year wonder and tanny is as raw as they come. both are a big risk.

Yet Griffin is worth trading a whole draft for despite having a long delivery, no experience under center, locking onto recievers, and bailing out of the pocket at the slightest sign of pressure or the reciever that he was staring down is covered.
Again you are wrong. I would absolutely hate if we traded our draft for RG3. I want us to pick up Peyton and use our 7 draft picks on need positions. If RG3 can't come cheap that doesn't mean to settle for Tanny. Dude is garbage.

I love tannerhill as a project, do I think he's better than RG3 right now? Definitely not, but look at what he brings to the table, size, strength, speed, he was there number # 1 WR, shows he does what's best for the team, and is dedicated to the sport, everything about his character seems to be exactly what you want to hear.

And that release! Seriously, project qbs don't have a release like that ever! Right now in don't think he's good enough to be worth the 8th pick, but it also wouldn't be such a bad things to get a project qb like that as quick as possible.

He has everything you want in a QB, plus more, just needs the polish. And if we have manning as our starter, tannerhill at the 8th sounds great to me.

Back
Top Bottom