Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast?

Moore who is arguably the 3rd best QB in the division will be moving on to compete for a starting job...Sight unseen I would take Devlin over Sanchez, as I would most any mentally-tough back-up over Taco not named Curtis Painter thank you.

Yep Moore is probably a goner. I wouldn't dump Devlin for Stinkchez but I doubt we can stash him away forever. I'm just saying I would take Sanchez over using a draft pick on another backup, for now.

To be fair, in the past there were times when Sanchez looked decent and even good. This year he got Sparanoed.

I know Sanchez sucks, but we always hear about how he's never been surrounded by any talent. How has his supporting cast been any worse than what Tannehill has now?

Jets
WR - Holmes, Kerley, Edwards, and their 2nd round pick Hill
RB - Greene, McKnight, Powell
TE - Keller

Dolphins
WR - Hartline, Bess, bunch of scrubs
RB - Bush, Thomas, Miller (who's barely played)
TE - Fasano

I know Holmes and Keller have been out for much of this year, but Sanchez sucked last year too when he had them for the full season. And he's always had a pretty solid O-line w/ Ferguson, Mangold, and Moore. I'd say that Tannehill's supporting cast is just as bad if not worse, yet he's playing way better than Sanchez. Maybe Tannehill should get more credit for his play with such a weak offensive squad.

you can't compare the 2 since Holmes and Keller have been out much of the season and we just got Edwards last week. Most of the season we've Kerley as our #1 w/ Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates(who couldn't make your team), Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland as his main weapons.

when healthy his supporting cast is better but our supporting cast this year w/ all the injuries was nowhere near as good as what Ryan had.

As many of us have being saying for four years, Sanchez is a game manager who needs a strong run game and a dominating defense in order to win games. This whole "he got the team to two divisional playoff games" thing was silly and we are now seeing how delusional many Jets fans were about Sanchez.

As for Tannehill, only time will tell how he is going to work out. Let's get him more weapons to play with and then we can start to make comparisons with other QBs. I am not willing to make the same mistakes Jets' fans made with Sanchez and talk up Tannehill only to look a fool in two years time.

you can't compare the 2 since Holmes and Keller have been out much of the season and we just got Edwards last week. Most of the season we've Kerley as our #1 w/ Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates(who couldn't make your team), Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland as his main weapons.

when healthy his supporting cast is better but our supporting cast this year w/ all the injuries was nowhere near as good as what Ryan had.

Regardless of all circumstances, his performance on MNF had nothing to do with anyone around him, he threw comeback route late enoug for the CB to break and make an INT, over threw his TE with 4 DBs around him and air mailed it to the Safety for an INT, threw into Double Coverage to Braylon and air mailed that one into the clouds for an INT, and with the game still on the line in the redzone double pumped with his happy feet and threw into Triple Coverage for an INT, not one of those had anything to do with the WR, just all awful throws by a 4th year QB who after every game says "I cant keep making those mistakes", and the fumble the snap was low yes, but instead of just falling on the ball he tried to pick it up while dropping back and fumbled it again, on the national stage Sanchez was exposed AGAIN, if the Patriots game wasnt enough, then the Titans game had to be, if your not ready to admit he is just simply not a good QB, I honestly dont know what else to say, eventually you have to blame him

Forget all the interceptions, how about that simple 4 yard check down pass to Shonn Green wide open over the middle and Sanchez with his normal panick feet hopping around double patting the ball, fired the ball at Green high above his head, zero touch, zero accuracy, on a 4 yard dump off to your WIDE OPEN running back

We should really put all Mark Sanchez debates to bed. He may not even be the Jets starting QB next season. The 4 road playoff wins and 2 title game appearances were nice but this is ending how many on this board thought it would. As my buddy, a Jets fan said, no matter how good the supporting cast it will always be road playoff games with Sanchez because he's never good enough in the regular season to get a home playoff game.

We should really put all Mark Sanchez debates to bed. He may not even be the Jets starting QB next season. The 4 road playoff wins and 2 title game appearances were nice but this is ending how many on this board thought it would. As my buddy, a Jets fan said, no matter how good the supporting cast it will always be road playoff games with Sanchez because he's never good enough in the regular season to get a home playoff game.

I think that had more to do w/ a guy named Tom Brady. he led us to 11 wins in 2010, good enough to win most divisions, the SB champs last yar won 9, 2 years ago 10.

I would not be at all surprised if Matt Moore signs with the Jets in the off season.

the supporting cast is a moot point...sanchez has been in the league half a decade already and he still shows he can't make protection adjustments at the los and recognize free blitz pressure or make solid decisions with the football anywhere near the level ryan tannehill has to date...and while tannehills accuracy and placement on some things has been a little off at times it's nowhere near the inconsistent level sanchez is as a passer...

the jets need to start over...miamis got it's qb...sanchez hasn't improved in going on 3 full years now...ryans a fool if he stands by that guy anymore

That would be interesting, he'd have a shot to start but would his poor practices keep Sanchez in the drivers seat?
I would be even more surprised if Sanchez is on the Jets opening day. The fans in that stadium will be brutal on him as soon as he comes out of the tunnel. That's a distraction they need to avoid and I think they will.

every time i watch the jets i see more bad decisions from the qb and late throws and bad edge rush blitz recognition and accounting for then i have seen in a half seasons worth of games with tannehill...i'm not kidding you...monday night he had single high at the snap was late as heck releasing the ball down the sideline and had safeties basically fair catching ints...got sacked multiple times cause he failed to pick up things at the los something you see weekly with him these days...kids made ZERO progress...if anything he's regressed

it's just bad qb play...you can't win when your qb takes you out of games with poor decision making and late decisions at that and takes sacks that he's responsible for...

new york better get a qb in there with that top pick...b/t sanchez tebow and sparanos dumb ass the jets are screwed

every time i watch the jets i see more bad decisions from the qb and late throws and bad edge rush blitz recognition and accounting for then i have seen in a half seasons worth of games with tannehill...i'm not kidding you...monday night he had single high at the snap was late as heck releasing the ball down the sideline and had safeties basically fair catching ints...got sacked multiple times cause he failed to pick up things at the los something you see weekly with him these days...kids made ZERO progress...if anything he's regressed

it's just bad qb play...you can't win when your qb takes you out of games with poor decision making and late decisions at that and takes sacks that he's responsible for...

new york better get a qb in there with that top pick...b/t sanchez tebow and sparanos dumb ass the jets are screwed

lets hope they don't. Would love to see Sanchez again there next year but I don't see it happening even after stupidly signing him to that ridiculous extension.

Back
Top Bottom