Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill vs Sanchez supporting cast?

i think tannehill is a rookie no? sanchez is not, no excuses he just blows.. only way he is successful is if he has a great run game and a great defense lol

I know Sanchez sucks, but we always hear about how he's never been surrounded by any talent. How has his supporting cast been any worse than what Tannehill has now?

Jets
WR - Holmes, Kerley, Edwards, and their 2nd round pick Hill
RB - Greene, McKnight, Powell
TE - Keller

Dolphins
WR - Hartline, Bess, bunch of scrubs
RB - Bush, Thomas, Miller (who's barely played)
TE - Fasano

I know Holmes and Keller have been out for much of this year, but Sanchez sucked last year too when he had them for the full season. And he's always had a pretty solid O-line w/ Ferguson, Mangold, and Moore. I'd say that Tannehill's supporting cast is just as bad if not worse, yet he's playing way better than Sanchez. Maybe Tannehill should get more credit for his play with such a weak offensive squad.

We were told that the Jets are elite and have been one of the best teams in the AFC the last few years. There are NO excuses for this team.

Honestly, and I've said this before, my big fear is that Matt Moore signs with the Jets. He's instantly a huge upgrade to their QB position and Kerley and Hill are two guys who I think will be pretty solid receivers for them if they get some good QB play.

The Jets started the demise of Mark Sanchez by bringing in Tim Tebow, which by the way, was a horrible decision and so was the hiring of Sparano.

The Jets have been decimated by a rash of injuries and Sanchez has been made the scapegoat. The Sanchez fumble was the fault of their center, who unfortunately for the Jets, snaped the ball low and Sanchez was moving back away from the ball, Sanchez should have made more of an effort to jump on the ball, but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. Mark Sanchez also tried to force too many throws into coverage.

d-1

If this ends up being true, he is about to become the highest paid backup in the league. His 2013 cap hit for the Jets is going to be around $13 million. They will have a cap hit of $17 million if they cut him. :lol:
Wow, just wow!

Couldn't happen to a better team.

Brian Hartline is better than anyone the Jets line up out there at WR. It's not even close. If Santonio Holmes wouldn't have gotten hurt, Sanchez would've had a better season, period. I thought that Hill kid could've been something but he seems to be dumber than a stump. Dustin Keller is a good deal better than any of our TEs, but he's been nonproductive because of injury.

Also. Miami's receivers prove that they have some brains because if they don't, they're no longer Miami receivers. It took Gaffney forever to even get on the field and then I think the coaches realized that Matthews could do better anyway and didn't wanna wait for Gaffney to get healthy...again. Anthony Armstrong was obviously not smart enough to last.
So for that reason I'd have to say that Miami's WRs are just better football players than the Jets guys, even if some of the Jets guys may have more physical talent.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

When was TY Hilton drafted? Before or after Egnew? Was he there for the taking and we passed him over?

We were told that the Jets are elite and have been one of the best teams in the AFC the last few years. There are NO excuses for this team.

I am told every year how much better you guys are and you never are. No QB could win w/ the healthy weapons we had this year.

The Jets started the demise of Mark Sanchez by bringing in Tim Tebow, which by the way, was a horrible decision and so was the hiring of Sparano.

The Jets have been decimated by a rash of injuries and Sanchez has been made the scapegoat. The Sanchez fumble was the fault of their center, who unfortunately for the Jets, snaped the ball low and Sanchez was moving back away from the ball, Sanchez should have made more of an effort to jump on the ball, but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. Mark Sanchez also tried to force too many throws into coverage.

d-1

I think they did but it wasn't w/ Tebow, it was bringing in new receivers every year then this year bringing in tebow(I still am not against Tebow they just don't know how to use him).

2009 they had Cotchery, Braylon(for 12 games) and David Clowney as top 3 WRs
2010: Cotch, Braylon and Holmes(12 games)
2011: Holmes, Plaxico, Kerley
2012: Kerley, Schilens, Gates/Hill(after injuries)

this year our O was decimated w/ injuries and we didn't have depth. he played most of the year w/ kerley as his #1 WR, w/ Chaz Schilens who was supposed to be just a deep threat 4th/5th WR, Clyde Gates(who caouldn't make Miami's roster), jeff Cumberland and Konrad Reuland as our TEs. If you watch our games you'll see he has nowhere to throw most of the time, some smart team will pick him up and he will thrive in this league.

Anyone else think its a coincidence that Mark Sanchez got a huge contract extension this past offseason and now he plays worse? I'm still baffled at how the Jets gave him an extension this offseason for $20 million in guarantees. Thats probably the worst GM move I've ever seen in the NFL....even worse than anything Al Davis has ever done.

when sparano was named Jests OC I said that it would be the end for taco bellboy snatchez in new york.

and here we are

Honestly, and I've said this before, my big fear is that Matt Moore signs with the Jets. He's instantly a huge upgrade to their QB position and Kerley and Hill are two guys who I think will be pretty solid receivers for them if they get some good QB play.
​Moore would be an upgrade for sure, and I really hope this doesn't happen, although it might be great for Moore.

when sparano was named Jests OC I said that it would be the end for taco bellboy snatchez in new york.

and here we are

To be fair he hasn't had a healthy O all season and most of the year the weapons inthe pass game were Kerley as our #1, Schilens, Clyde gates(who couldn't ven make it in Miami), jeff Cumberland and Konrad Reuland. It's hard to evaluate when he has all that going against him.

if the jets want matt moore and think he's the answer by all means be my guest...they'll be in the same position 3 years from now qb wise they are now...not good enough

​Moore would be an upgrade for sure, and I really hope this doesn't happen, although it might be great for Moore.

Even if guaranteed the starting QB position, I can't see MMoore wanting to go there. Arizona would be the perfect situation for him, perhaps the Rams as they don't seem to be satisfied with Bradford, and KC would be more friendly as well.

The stej should have started McElroy earlier. He doesn't look impressive and never has, but all he has ever done is win games, mostly by not making mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom