Tannehill will not last an entire year. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill will not last an entire year.

phinschamp45

Active Roster
Reaction score
First of all i hope iam wrong, but i truly believe tannehill will not last an entire year. Just because of the injury.

So im hoping we draft a qb in the first round.

This year there is a very good qb class. why not take a chance this year that the odds of drafting a gem are very high.

We have only drafted a qb in the first round once since marino, and it worked out pretty well with tannehill until the injury. Tannehill wasn't a superstar but we won some games with him even though we never made the playoffs with him until he got hurt.

Again, Why not take a chance this year and draft a qb.

GO Phins.

lmao

Ozzy rules!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at it this way...........If tannehill stays healthy the worst thing that can happen is that the drafted first round qb that we get, will sit and learn from tannehill.

Its not a good thing to play a rookie qb on the first year anyways. The rams qb is an exception.

If tannehill can't play then we have the successor in place.

You guys are lost........What happen if tannehill cant play...

Yeah by your standards we should play the all pro moore.

And the main point of this thread is we should draft a qb this year in the first round because its a good year and pound for pound a strong year for qbs...

Not that tannehill was going to get hurt again.

But its a possibility.

It's possible Ryan gets hurt again, then again he may come back strong. We just won't know where he is physically until we can see him play.

The timing is good this year for a qb. There are plenty to choose and one could be chosen at 11 or if we moved up and got one earlier. 6-10 affords us to be in the running for one if that's how the FO wants to go. Hopefully we won't go 6-10 next year meaning our pick will be lower.

If a qb is not chosen, then Miami should be mindful that better protection is needed for Ryan to have success in 2018.

Well if they bring back Pouncey and other scrubs like Bushrod back on the O-line, I agree. Tannehill will get hurt again. Tannehill needs to throw more balls out of bounds and stop eating sacks too.

It's possible Ryan gets hurt again, then again he may come back strong. We just won't know where he is physically until we can see him play.

The timing is good this year for a qb. There are plenty to choose and one could be chosen at 11 or if we moved up and got one earlier. 6-10 affords us to be in the running for one if that's how the FO wants to go. Hopefully we won't go 6-10 next year meaning our pick will be lower.

If a qb is not chosen, then Miami should be mindful that better protection is needed for Ryan to have success in 2018.

Better protection is always needed for a qb. They have tried for years to install a decent Oline but every year we have holes. Before it was the guards that have struggled. Now it seems like everybody else is struggling including the tackles.

Exactly right. That was my main point. The timing is perfect to draft a qb. The higher we draft him the higher the odds of getting a gem. Thats why i said we should draft him in the first round and make sure we dont miss. There is always a chance of missing with any pick but again the higher we pick him the better the odds.

If they have done their homework correct the scouts, then we should get someone to replace tannehill when the time comes, be it this year or 4 to 5 years from now.

Look at it this way...........If tannehill stays healthy the worst thing that can happen is that the drafted first round qb that we get, will sit and learn from tannehill.

Its not a good thing to play a rookie qb on the first year anyways. The rams qb is an exception.

If tannehill can't play then we have the successor in place.

Actually the worst thing that can happen if we draft a 1st round QB is that we Don't end up getting a premium player at other positions we absolutely need more help in, like O-Linemen...TE...DE...LB.

All positions in which getting a great talent could elevate the effectiveness of the team more then getting a backup QB that will not be used at best this year.

Well if they bring back Pouncey and other scrubs like Bushrod back on the O-line, I agree. Tannehill will get hurt again. Tannehill needs to throw more balls out of bounds and stop eating sacks too.
Thats another position we need to replace. The center position. Pouncey has been playing hurt for a while. And he isnt getting any younger. Maybe the time is now to draft a true center to replace him. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th rounds. we might find someone good there. LB also a must......Form the 2nd to the 6th round we have to draft 1 or 2 LBs. Thats the weakest position on defense as we speak.

Im not so down on the corners as others are...All we need to do is put pressure on the qb with the Dline and LBs and the currect cbs we have would do just fine.

Players to watch lime mcdonalds...Or whatever his name is....safety....I think he will have a breakout year now that he is healthy....and help out rashad jones tremendously.

Still only January and already people gonna jinx us with threads like this.

Back
Top Bottom