Tannehill will not last an entire year. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill will not last an entire year.

Actually the worst thing that can happen if we draft a 1st round QB is that we Don't end up getting a premium player at other positions we absolutely need more help in, like O-Linemen...TE...DE...LB.

All positions in which getting a great talent could elevate the effectiveness of the team more then getting a backup QB that will not be used at best this year.

Why is it that the "draft a QB" crowd never considers the cost of the opportunity lost? Let's draft the next Luke Kuechly or Jalen Ramsey or JJ Watt or Von MIller.

Actually the worst thing that can happen if we draft a 1st round QB is that we Don't end up getting a premium player at other positions we absolutely need more help in, like O-Linemen...TE...DE...LB.

Answer: but we thought we was getting a premiun player in dion jordan as well. And look waht happened.......

All positions in which getting a great talent could elevate the effectiveness of the team more then getting a backup QB that will not be used at best this year.

Answer: But that was the point, that we draft tannehills successor now that there is a very good qb class....Maybe in the next 2 or 3 years the qb class is not going to be as strong as this year.

This is the time to draft one really high and not miss.

We will not win the superbowl next year anyways....So i think we should draft hopefully a franshise qb....At least try now that we have a chance with the currect qb class.

Why is it that the "draft a QB" crowd never considers the cost of the opportunity lost? Let's draft the next Luke Kuechly or Jalen Ramsey or JJ Watt or Von MIller.

We thought we were getting a premiun player in dion jordan as well.

Answer: But that was the point, that we draft tannehills successor now that there is a very good qb class....Maybe in the next 2 or 3 years the qb class is not going to be as strong as this year.

This is the time to draft one really high and not miss.

We will not win the superbowl next year anyways....So i think we should draft hopefully a franshise qb....At least try now that we have a chance with the currect qb class.

Sounds like 2012. There were 3 good prospects that year too.

But if the QB class this year is so strong, then why can't we draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round? I'm not against drafting one at 11 but it has to be the right one. I don't want to draft a QB at 11 just to say we did. I want value and again, if Allen is there it'd be hard to pass on him

Ozzy rules!!

The hype with this qb class is annoying as ****.

None of them are better than Mahomes or Watson, yet they’re getting hyped as much. Good luck with these overrated QBs that can’t win anything.

But if the QB class this year is so strong, then why can't we draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round? I'm not against drafting one at 11 but it has to be the right one. I don't want to draft a QB at 11 just to say we did. I want value and again, if Allen is there it'd be hard to pass on him

Ozzy rules!!

Would like to see posters who advocate drafing a QB rd 1 to please add the name and at what slot and for what compensation givien up to move up.

Some have, so far I have seen Jackson or Allen. I wouldn’t take Jackson at 11 personally, Allen -Again if Gase pounds the table. I also dont see the likelihood of trading up for that ‘cant miss guy’ and the related compensation to do so.

Ozzy rules!!
Because of supply and demand. The QB play this season has been the worst the league has seen in a long time. Qbs this year aren’t going to last to rounds 2 and 3. Almost every team needs one either as a starter or as a solid backup.

First of all i hope iam wrong, but i truly believe tannehill will not last an entire year. Just because of the injury.

So im hoping we draft a qb in the first round.

This year there is a very good qb class. why not take a chance this year that the odds of drafting a gem are very high.

We have only drafted a qb in the first round once since marino, and it worked out pretty well with tannehill until the injury. Tannehill wasn't a superstar but we won some games with him even though we never made the playoffs with him until he got hurt.

Again, Why not take a chance this year and draft a qb.

GO Phins.

Are the odds really that great? By the time Miami picks there could be 4, maybe 5, qb's already off the board. For Miami's odds to be good you have to assume some of the qb's selected ahead of Miami are mistakes. Otherwise if you go by the notion that 1st round qb's should be franchise qb's our selection would be the 5th or 6th best qb in the class alone. When you include the 2017 class (Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson), 2016 (Goff and Wentz, I won't count Lynch) and 2015 (Winston and Marriota) that means there could be 12 first round qbs selected from 2015 - 2018. The odds of our pick being a top 7 or 8 in that group alone isn't that great. When you add in the other qb's already in the league with more than 3 years experience you would be lucky to have a top 12 or 15 qb. Even if you toss out the older qbs that could retire in the next few years, Manning, Brady, Rothlisberger, Brees and Rivers you're still fighting the odds to break the top 10, which is what most people here seem to call elite qbs.

Another way to look at is that if you assume there will be at least two 1st round qbs in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 classes that would mean there would be 18 1st round qb from 2015-2021. At that point if 5 of the top 10 qb's have 7 or more years of experience than that pool of 18 relatively young qbs are fighting for the other 5 top 10 spots. The odds that our pick is one of the top 5 in that pool of 18 isn't that great.

Why should we assume that the 5th best player at qb in this year's draft will be better than the top or 2nd best player at the other positions?

Don't get me wrong, I like several of the qb's in this draft. But the odds of more than one or two of them being what people call elite qb's isn't as good as people think. I'm just saying the odds are the people who think "if you're not a top 10 qb you need to be replaced" will more than likely be looking to replace any qb Miami has a chance of drafting this year

Last edited:
Josh Allen is the guy I'd draft. Dude's a project, but he can sit on the bench for a few years behind Tannehill. Wouldn't be a bad get.

None of the QBs that are good enough to be picked in the 1st will still be on the board at 11 unfortunately. Plus, there are so many other holes on this team.

I’m not taking anything personal. People need to stop watching Mel Kiper to get their qb news. Everyone of them aren’t as good as last years crop. I’d hate to be stuck with any of them.

I've actually heard the same thing yet most people seem to think there are 4 can't miss prospects.

I agree we should have drafted kuechly instead of Tannehill. Drafting a QB that high with no record of winning and minimal experience was stupid. We passed up on a potential HoF MLB.

Back
Top Bottom