Tannehill will not last an entire year. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill will not last an entire year.

I agree we should have drafted kuechly instead of Tannehill. Drafting a QB that high with no record of winning and minimal experience was stupid. We passed up on a potential HoF MLB.

Should have drafted Moss in 98 instead of trading down to get John Avery
Drafted Brady in 2000 at some point
Patrick Willis/Darrelle Revis in 2007
etc.

It is what it is. At this point, it's all water under the bridge, and we have to move on with the cards we've got.

First of all i hope iam wrong, but i truly believe tannehill will not last an entire year. Just because of the injury.

So im hoping we draft a qb in the first round.

This year there is a very good qb class. why not take a chance this year that the odds of drafting a gem are very high.

We have only drafted a qb in the first round once since marino, and it worked out pretty well with tannehill until the injury. Tannehill wasn't a superstar but we won some games with him even though we never made the playoffs with him until he got hurt.

Again, Why not take a chance this year and draft a qb.

GO Phins.
Is this based on some actual information or just a feeling you have?

Considering that he inured it in preseason, that's a lot of time to get back to full health. I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'm actually thinking Tannehill having a year off in the middle of his career could be a good thing considering the number of hits he was taking during the first 5 seasons.

This is based on the fact that tannehills bread and butter is on the run. I dont think he is a good pocket qb. But he is shown he can do the job as a run and shoot.

I just dont trust him to take some hits and staying on his feet. I wish i was wrong. Maybe iam and he comes back healthier than ever.

I just want them to have a backup plan.

If this was the best qb class in a while and we miss on it we going to regret it.

April is almost here.

The playoffs are still going on and we are thinking about the draft. OUCH

But think about it. There are now 28 teams thinking about the offseason and the draft just like us.

So we are not alone.

This is based on the fact that tannehills bread and butter is on the run. I dont think he is a good pocket qb. But he is shown he can do the job as a run and shoot.

I just dont trust him to take some hits and staying on his feet. I wish i was wrong. Maybe iam and he comes back healthier than ever.

If this was the best qb class in a while and we miss on it we going to regret it.

April is almost here.

But think about it. There are now 28 teams thinking about the offseason and the draft just like us.

So we are not alone.

Soooo... Running backs never recover from acl injuries?

I agree we should have drafted kuechly instead of Tannehill. Drafting a QB that high with no record of winning and minimal experience was stupid. We passed up on a potential HoF MLB.

So let’s draft another qb who has no record of winning. Makes sense.

April is almost here.

So we are not alone.
up until the knee injury, Tannehill stayed remarkably healthy while taking a large amount of hits. I think his nickname was something like Cyborg17...

First of all i hope iam wrong, but i truly believe tannehill will not last an entire year. Just because of the injury.

So im hoping we draft a qb in the first round.

This year there is a very good qb class. why not take a chance this year that the odds of drafting a gem are very high.

We have only drafted a qb in the first round once since marino, and it worked out pretty well with tannehill until the injury. Tannehill wasn't a superstar but we won some games with him even though we never made the playoffs with him until he got hurt.

Again, Why not take a chance this year and draft a qb.

GO Phins.

Just curious. Give me three answers. What do you HOPE will happen? You've already stated that. What do you EXPECT will happen? What do you think most HCs would do in Gase's shoes?

Pro Tannehill but I actually agree with the OP although he could have phrased his sentiments better. That knee troubles me and so does any potential loss of mobility. I'm all for going up and grabbing Baker Mayfield, the QB who is a true leader and has the "It" get it done factor. Darnold? He stands more of a chance of being a typical USC overhyped underperforming QB than a Carson Palmer. Rosen? We can never go up far enough to get him and he's the only other top tier who seems like the real deal. Now if Allen lasted into the 2nd round or Jackson into the 3rd, those would be appropriate and good value propositions but that ain't gonna happen. And those 2 still won't help us if THill goes down next season again. I'd rather go deeper into the draft and grab that kid Woodside from Toledo (thanks @nick1 for the heads up on him) .

Too many of those being touted strike me as the next Henne so in principle it's a good idea to get a top notch QB and let him marinade, Rodgers-style for a few years if Tannehill stays healthy and resumes taking up where he left off. But if he goes down, we'd have a rookie QB getting the necessary reps to position him well for the next season.. or maybe even being a pleasant surprise from the get-go. But it has to be the right QB and therein lies the problem.

We aren't good enough to invest heavily in a back-up. Philly, Minn, and Jax are only still alive because of their defense, not QB. That should be the focus of the offseason, it's an even bigger problem than the O, which sucks as well. After we fix the entire defense, offensive line, TE's etc. THEN we can maybe start to worry about the back-up QB lol. Tannheill will be fine, and banking on him will be our greatest chance of team success in 2018. If he flops, cut him and move on, but not yet...

We aren't good enough to invest heavily in a back-up. Philly, Minn, and Jax are only still alive because of their defense, not QB. That should be the focus of the offseason, it's an even bigger problem than the O, which sucks as well. After we fix the entire defense, offensive line, TE's etc. THEN we can maybe start to worry about the back-up QB lol. Tannheill will be fine, and banking on him will be our greatest chance of team success in 2018. If he flops, cut him and move on, but not yet...

Wow that statement is so full of holes. Minnesota is only alive because they had a competent backup QB that could come in and play well. Their great defense gave up 4 scoring drives to end the game and surrender the once 17 point lead to the Saints. The backup QB and young receiver saved their season. Minnesota's defense was in big trouble.

Geese, it's like people don't even watch the games.

Just curious. Give me three answers. What do you HOPE will happen? You've already stated that. What do you EXPECT will happen? What do you think most HCs would do in Gase's shoes?
Since iam a dolphin fan i expect for tannehill to stay healthy the entire season. But like i said we need a backup plan. I have a feeling gaze will draft a qb either in the first or the second.

Wow that statement is so full of holes. Minnesota is only alive because they had a competent backup QB that could come in and play well. Their great defense gave up 4 scoring drives to end the game and surrender the once 17 point lead to the Saints. The backup QB and young receiver saved their season. Minnesota's defense was in big trouble.

Geese, it's like people don't even watch the games.

Dude, Minnesotta has the best defense in the NFL, closely followed by the Eagles and Jax, get a clue. Yes future hall of famer Drew Brees also played well Sunday, as he has been for his entire hall of fame career. Doesn't mean Minnesota has a bad D all of a sudden. And sure keenam has had a great year, care to talk about Foles and Bortles? Their defenses are EVERYTHING. Devontae Freeman stat line, 10 carries, 7 yards. Hell the Eagles were allowing something like 45 yards per game on the ground for most of the year at home, that's only slightly better than the 85' BEARS!

Back
Top Bottom