Tannehill's Best Performance? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Best Performance?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We are officially in the slow as **** portion of the NFL offseason, so with nothing else to talk about, it's time to whip out everyone's favorite offseason discussion threads.

Let's get it started...

In your opinion, what was Tannehill's best and most memorable game as a Dolphin?

For me? That comeback against St Louis. Took us from a position I never expect us to win, to well a win.

I would also say much of last season as a whole, that ridiculous touch down against the chargers, ect until the injury.

Edit-Also both those teams moved. Pretty surreal.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Week 11 @ the Rams.

For 53 minutes our offense couldn't move the ball and our first 11 drives mustered a mere 92 yards and looked like this:

Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Interception
Punt
Punt
Punt

Then when it mattered the most and no mistakes could be had, Tannehill led two nearly perfect TD drives of 77 and 75 yards going 12/13 including the game winner to Devante Parker. That was a special day as he gained confidence from the coaches, his teammates, and fans alike by rallying the squad and showing a never give up attitude in the waning minutes of the ball game.

dolphins-rams-football-21.jpg

Best performances to me have nothing to do with large individual statistical outputs, but shining and elevating your game and those around you when your backs are against the wall and willing victory.

That rookie year with bess and hartline as his best receivers behind a mediocre O-line @ arizona. 400+ yards and an OT loss because we missed a kick. Thats when I knew.

Had to be the two games against LA and SD last year. The back of the endzone TD to Stills while getting drilled, was one of the best throws I've seen ANY QB make....ever. And as piss poor as we looked for 3 1/2 quarters against the Rams, I thought for sure we were going to get shutout, and then to watch him lead the offense downfield for those two fourth quarter TDs was magical stuff!

In 2014 against GB and Den. We lost both times but not because of him in particular. He managed to go up against two of the best qbs to ever play and show he belonged on the field with them. His stats were also impressive. If not for Philbin... right then and there I was convinced

Then this year against La and La. Willing the team back from 10-0 slugfest and throwing clutch pass again and again. Then against the bolts. He kept getting drilled but delivering perfect passes. One play that didn't count where he threw a jump ball up to Parker and he came down with it. It was tough throw and catch but got called back because of a penalty.

Those are the highlight performances for me

It hasn't happened yet. When it does, he'll be hoisting the Lombardi trophy with the rest of his teammates! ;)

From last year SD stands out from an impressive throw standpoint.
I do remember a game in chicago where he didnt throw an incomplete pass until half?

He was absolutely killing it vs. Arizona last year. Like Gase said, it was clear the game had slowed down for him big time by that point. It's unfortunate he got injured during that game.

That rookie year with bess and hartline as his best receivers behind a mediocre O-line @ arizona. 400+ yards and an OT loss because we missed a kick. Thats when I knew.

Was going to say that. That was the first game I knew he would be a good QB.

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=-KG3oLXiK0s[/video]

I was at the Rams game, I'll never forget it! What a comeback.

SD... everyone says SD and the Stills Touchdown but forget about the 50 or so yard pass to Parker.

San Diego came to mind first. At that point, I was still an extremely pessimistic Dolfan. I expected them to lose. To my surprise, Tannehill whipped the ball around the field with great accuracy, especially the TD to Stills in the back of the end zone. It made me take notice.

edit: Yes, the pass to Parker was a thing of beauty as well. :)

Was going to say that. That was the first game I knew he would be a good QB.

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=-KG3oLXiK0s[/video]

I remember that game! That was the first game where he really stood out, needling passes between defenders. Sadly, Philbin was his coach.

Back
Top Bottom