Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game

MD20

Rookie
Reaction score
For all of those that have last years games, or sundays game recorded, can anyone show me "one" play, that was not a running play, when Tannehills cadence ends with a " GO GO"?

I am not an NFL coach, but I have coached enough football to pick up verbal tendancies. Is it possible that defenses have also caught on to this?

I suspect our staff might have picked up on this if that was the issue

For all of those that have last years games, or sundays game recorded, can anyone show me "one" play, that was not a running play, when Tannehills cadence ends with a " GO GO"?

I am not an NFL coach, but I have coached enough football to pick up verbal tendancies. Is it possible that defenses have also caught on to this?

i don't remember, but to be honest i didn't re-watch the game or do a snap count. we were in the shotgun a lot against Cleveland. we used the silent count in the shotgun and didn't run a single time from that formation.

Teams would've caught this after watching the game tape last year. I don't know if it's true or not b/c I don't have a copy of the game. If it is true, it's pathetic on the offense's part. A high school team would be able to pick up on that.

Tell coach Philbin that

This is so stupid. The cadence is constantly switched up when Ryan is under center and it doesn't matter if the play is a run, PA pass, or pass. The cadence is most always GO-GO with a few GOs and GO-GO-GOs mixed in. This is why the defense tends to jump multiple times when playing the phins.

Move along.

This is so stupid. The cadence is constantly switched up when Ryan is under center and it doesn't matter if the play is a run, PA pass, or pass. The cadence is most always GO-GO with a few GOs and GO-GO-GOs mixed in. This is why the defense tends to jump multiple times when playing the phins.

Move along.

Then someone please show me a single pass play, where Tannehill is under center, and the cadence is " GO GO".

I'm not argueing, I'm asking.

No he did this last year ... I will try to find a better video but look around the 2:20 mark (announcers aren't talking over as much) and on he says GO GO

[video=youtube;jU0rgESIn_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU0rgESIn_A[/video]

The cadence in a Mike Sherman offense is either "Go" or "Go Go". Just one or two.

If anything, Mike Pouncey is giving away the snap timing much more than Ryan Tannehill. Watch closely and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Teams would've caught this after watching the game tape last year. I don't know if it's true or not b/c I don't have a copy of the game. If it is true, it's pathetic on the offense's part. A high school team would be able to pick up on that.

It is true, its by design, and its quite brilliant if you think about it.

This past weekend i believe our formation tipped off the run more than anything. Maybe moreso the personnel, every run seemed to be from a 2 wide receiver singleback set from what i noticed.

No I think it's whenever Clutts gets put into the backfield that's tipping off the run game

I'm pretty sure every year I've been registered on this forum somebody has posted "such and such player is tipping off the opposing team by doing this".

The cadence in a Mike Sherman offense is either "Go" or "Go Go". Just one or two.

If anything, Mike Pouncey is giving away the snap timing much more than Ryan Tannehill. Watch closely and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

If true, just adds even more predicability to an already extrememly predictable offense.

Back
Top Bottom