Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game

Not sure about the Go Go, but Tanne sure doesn't trick anyone when handing the ball off.

In that video tannehill didn't say go go on any pass play. You may be right! Either way its an easy fix. Personally I'm pissed off that we don't run pistol because it suits tannehills strength and will spread the defense out. We don't need a damn fullback in clutts when we have clay. I rather play three wide and clay playing down than have a damn full back

Not sure about the Go Go, but Tanne sure doesn't trick anyone when handing the ball off.

Must be why he excelled at the play action pass last year, huh?

According to ESPN Stats and Information, Tannehill has completed 67.1 percent of his passes off play-action this season. That is the highest completion percentage in the AFC East, which includes Pro Bowl quarterback Tom Brady.

Tannehill also has six touchdowns off play-action passes compared to just one interception. His QBR is an impressive 90.2, and Tannehill averages 10.33 yards per attempt.

Kinda hard to fool a team when you're running for less than a yard an attempt.

In that video tannehill didn't say go go on any pass play. You may be right! Either way its an easy fix. Personally I'm pissed off that we don't run pistol because it suits tannehills strength and will spread the defense out. We don't need a damn fullback in clutts when we have clay. I rather play three wide and clay playing down than have a damn full back

Right before Bush's nice run AROUND the 2:20 mark it's more audible. He def says it.

It's probably a combination of bad blocking by our offensive line, and Tannehill not having much experience yet at the QB spot (verbalizing the snap count), as to why we are not getting much yardage running the ball. I think our RB's also need to step it up. But the Browns seemed to be jamming the line of scrimmage and daring us to throw it. Why doesn't Sherman work in a screen pass every now and then?

but in preseason, teams were jumping offsides in bunches in every game. I dont think its cadence. I think its just more personell and set up. RT is in shot gun alot so when he is not and you have two in the backfield or Clay at H-back, they tend to think run.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

I tend to give Browns credit for stopping our weakness. yip yip yahoo. we won.

I see what OP is tking about. But Tannehill does mix it up with a single GO or GO-GO, also some silent count worked in etc. it also works in the Fins advantage for teams to think they have an "up" on snap count. I've seen plenty times Tannehill going with a loud GO-GO and watch entire defense move giving away the play, check off and call the audible.

I see what OP is tking about. But Tannehill does mix it up with a single GO or GO-GO, also some silent count worked in etc. it also works in the Fins advantage for teams to think they have an "up" on snap count. I've seen plenty times Tannehill going with a loud GO-GO and watch entire defense move giving away the play, check off and call the audible.

My point is, that in 17 NFL starts, every "go" is a pass and every "go go" is a run. Tannehill is not "changing up the count or cadence. This is obviously a scheme thing, not a Tannehill thing. I litterally watch every game and laugh outloud as it has been seemingly 100% of the time.

Someone prove me wrong!

That's pretty interesting, I don't watch enough of the tape to have an opinion but unless someone can prove thats not the case I think you might be on to something.

I thought it was the terrible line play that killed the running game.

I'm watching the condensed version on Game Rewind and so far through the 1st quarter every single time Tannehill is under center and he says GO GO it's a run. Gonna watch the rest of the game to see how it goes.

Make that every time in the whole first half he says GO GO when under center and it's a run. Starting the 3rd quarter now...

Back
Top Bottom