Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cleezy13, Dec 16, 2013.

1. cleezy13

cleezy13 Well-Known Member

Chargers Week 11: 22/35 268 yards 1/1 and 4 rushes for 21 yards.

Panthers Week 12: 28/42 310 yards 1/1 and 4 rushes for 36 yards.

Jets Week 13: 28/43 331 yards 2/1 and 3 rushes for 22 yards.

Steelers Week 14: 20/33 200 yards 3/1 (With horrible weather conditions) and 5 rushes for 56 yards.

Pats Week 15: 25/37 312 yards 3/0 and 1 rush for -1.

Total: 1,421 yards 10/3 and 17 rushes for 134 yards.

Beating Brady, Roth, and Rivers (and should of beat cam)

That's pretty damn impressive considering he's playing behind a terrible oline (which has been playing a lot better) but that to me is a true sign of a franchise qb!

So huge props to T-Hill and his success this year, its a great time to be a dolphins fan knowing that we have finally found our franchise qb and have something to build off of in the future!!!

LETS KEEP IT ROLLING!!!!!!
    FINS UP!!

2. Shouright

Shouright A True Fan

Go back the two games prior to those, as well. The last seven have been franchise caliber.

3. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

So it's only his last five that get taken into consideration?

4. cleezy13

These last 5 were the most crucial games of the season by a mile and that's how a franchise qb responds to that!

5. MarinoEqualsGod

MarinoEqualsGod The man, the myth, the legend

And most importantly, ZERO fumbles.

I know that this season has seemed like 3 wrapped up into 1 (prescandal, midscandal and postscandal), but even I forget how brutal Tannehill's ball security was there for a stretch of about 4 or 5 games. Seemed like he lost at least 1 fumble every week.

His pocket awareness and deep ball accuracy were the main 2 things he needed to improve to enter the upper echelon of NFL QBs. He seems to have solved the former, now just work on the latter during the offseason and next season could be special!

6. PhinMagic

PhinMagic A True Fan

He seems like he really turned the corner this year. It helps when he gets protection. Fix this line next year and we can be a powerhouse offense. First things first, team of destiny, let's get at it. 6 more wins!!

7. psfign

psfign A True Fan

He was making a point. Do you have one or is it that you hate to see positve posts about RT?

8. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

Tannehill is starting to play like a franchise QB. We have to make the playoffs. The win some playoff games.

A QB who consistently takes us to the playoffs is a franchise QB IMO. Yes he's playing well enough to warrant that potential, but we're not there yet.

At the beginning of the season I said that anything less than the playoffs would be a disappointment? Why? Because with the talent on this team, Tannehill included, there has to be progression. From player development to coaching etc.

I will tell you over again I still don't feel that Philbin is a leader of men, but he is pleasantly proving me wrong. There are things I see from Tannehill that is encouraging. He certainly has the moxy and tools (His deep ball bothers me), now I want to see it sustained.

I don't want us to play to our opponents skill level. I want us to hang or beat the elite (which we did yesterday), but we also have the beat down weaker opponents.

I want to see Tannehill earn the Tanne-KILL monicker through actions of a field general, not merely a team player. Tell Sherman (funny, the guy has a generals name) to let Tannehill fly. Buffalo, and New York may not be big hype games as the Pats were, but they're just as important.

We don't need to just win, but win convincingly.

9. DolphinDaily71

DolphinDaily71 Member

The in-season improvement has never been so apparent

I don't know how it is with other teams, but the most frustrating thing about being a Dolphins for me has consistently been the lack of in-season improvement. In very few cases, with the exception of 2008 and maybe last year, have I been able to say the Dolphins got noticeably better during the season. In 2010, for example, they got much worse.

This year is different. This year just about everything, from quarterback play to line play to the secondary to most aspects of coaching, has improved tremendously. You can physically see it on the field. You can see that this is a much better team than what we got earlier this year. Forget the 1-5 stretch, this team is better than the 3-0 team. That's a testament to leadership. As much as we questioned the leaders in early November, we have to praise them for stepping up, taking control of this team and being accountable for its development.

Now, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I can see why wildcard teams have been so successful in recent years. As we know, the Dolphins were a few bounces away from being at least 12-2, maybe even 13-1. I'm not going to take too much time to ponder the "what-ifs" because, let's face it, the Dolphins weren't good enough to win those close games in October and November. Now they are. Does anyone doubt that this team, as it current stands, would close out the Baltimore and Buffalo games? Don't you think this team would beat Tampa Bay?

This is a team that, given the way its currently playing, is an 11-3, 12-2 or 13-1 team disguised as an 8-6 squad. I think the 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants and 2012 Ravens were in the same boat. If Miami gets in, why can't they continue that play?

Again, I don't want to get too carried away, but if the Dolphins win out and get in they will certainly have the closest resemblance of any playoff team to the recent trend of Super Bowl champions.

10. GoonBoss

You don't get to cherry pick games.

I'm a Tannehill supporter, but this sort of stuff is hogwash.

First off, these "most crucial" games would not have been so
    "Crucial" if MIA had won beaten the 4 win Bucs, or a 4th string QB in Buffalo.

Who was QB then? Don't "Franchise" QBs win those games?

11. GoonBoss

I think if you check the record you'll see that I support RT, however, bull**** is bull****, no matter what chocolate spirnkles
    you'd like to put on it.

12. Canadianfishfan

Indeed they do. But we now hold our own destiny as this storyline is being force fed to us.

So goon, since we seem to agree in some kinda way on this, let's look at these next 2 games. 2 games we need to win and should win. Not marginally either. But convincingly. It's his moment to lift Excalibur from the stone and stake claim to his destiny.

Don't leave it up to circumstance. Let's see him take this team for 2 more wins, and own that ticket to the playoffs.

In my mind, there is NO discussion of "Franchise" unless it includes the playoffs.

What say you?

13. MarinoEqualsGod

It's not like he's picking games from week 2, wee, 5, week 10, etc. The last five games are obviously CONSECUTIVE games. That's the most important thing because it shows that he is showing in-season improvement. And actually, if you go back 2 more games, Tannehill's stats have been at a pro bowl level in the last 7 games. He is the main reason that we are 5-2 in our last 7.

14. GoonBoss

I'm all about put up or shut up.

If we can manage to win out, then we'll talk. I've got all sorts of confidence in Tannehill,
    but at the same time, I don't know about this team in general.

IF Tannehill can overcome adversity and reach the playoffs this year, I'll be happy.

15. GoonBoss

He's also the reason we lost the ones we shouldn't have lost.
    This is the worst sort of Statistical cherry picking.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

this is why we don't just look at #s, he wasn't very good at NYJ or at Pitt. Numbers VERY misleading, he was excellent yesterday though. Carolina, only led O to 16 pts and zero in 2nd half. if not for blocked FG his INT would have led to 3 pts.

Most importantly he played really well in your biggest game yesterday but don't be fooled by nice #s.

17. Canadianfishfan

Only one stat ultimately matters. Wins baby!

18. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

No he is not, he was a huge reason you won yesterday(along w/ a great defensive effort) but last 5 wins:

Cincy: D scored 9 pts including GW safety in OT
    SD: played well but D heled SD to 16 pts
    NYJ: D shut us down, WRs made big plays. Ryan kept us in that game
    Pitt: INT for TD, kept Pitt in game. D shut down Pitt 4 and out after Mia took the lead after a great long run and a great individual effort on a short pass.

19. Canadianfishfan

Absolutely. The defense scares the hell out of me. But since this thread is about RT...

20. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

exactly and that is all you should care about but the wins have masked some of his mediocre play in recent weeks. If he plays like yesterday you guys can go a long way.

21. Canadianfishfan

And THAT is why it's very important not to get too high after a win. It can cloud reality.

He still needs to be consistent and improve. LOTS of room for improvements.

22. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

the good news is he still had good moments and you were finding ways to win those games, if he played yesterday like he did against us and Pitt there is no way you win. he brought his best and it was perfect timing.

23. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

The h8ters click will never stop amazing.

24. GoonBoss

Ehhhrmmergeerd....hateryzz!

25. MarinoEqualsGod

Cincy: After the Bengals kicked a go-ahead field goal with 1:43 remaining, Tannehill led a 9-play, 50-yard drive to set up a game-tying field goal with 11 seconds left, sending the game to overtime. Tannehill was 5-for-7 for 50 yards on final driveAlso, did not turn the ball over all game.

SD: Wasn't as impressive as the other games, but did just enough to win. Led the team to a field goal in the middle of the 4th quarter to take a 4-point lead. That drive can't be understated, as SD would have kicked a game winning field goal on final drive, but had to go for a TD instead, but Rivers' final pass was batted down by Grimes in the end zone to secure the win

NYJ: I admit, his first half was BRUTAL, but he came out in the 2nd half to throw 2 TDs, not that he really had to do anything that game because the Jets are so inept.

PIT: He did throw a pick 6, but ensuing possession, Tannehill leads 7 play, 71-yard drive in 3:13 capped by a TD pass to Hartline (RT is 3-5 for 50 yards on drive). Also, after PIT took early 4th quarter lead, Tannehill completed all 3 of his passes for 25 yards on go ahead TD with 4:39 remaining.

My point is, with all the times you can point to the defense for big plays, you can point to just as many clutch moments for Tannehill. Some games, like vs. San Diego, he does just enough to win, some games, like vs. Pitt, he overcomes adversity to get the W, some games, like vs. NYJ, he doesn't have to do much of anything because the other team can screw up a wet dream, and some games, like vs. New England, he dominates and plays better than a future Hall of Famer.

26. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

lol really? has the word *H8ter* really become a word you have to use around here that it involves finding new ways to spell it? lighten up francis, calling someone a hater is just another way of saying you can't agree to disagree with someone else's viewpoint. If we're all fans we don't need to draw lines in the sand and perform the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" childishness. Grow up.

27. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Cin: they don't have a chance if their D didn't score a TD then in OT the D won it.

NYJ: the 2 TDs against us were all Hartline & Wallace, Ryan had a mediocre at best game.

Pitt: nice job to bounce back from the pick 6 but w/o that you cruise to victory and the GW drive was the result of a 60 yd run and a great individual effort on a shirt pass to Clay.

He wasn't bad in those games but not nearly as good as the #s. yesterday he was REALLY, REALLY good and a main reason you won.

28. GoonBoss

Incidentally, in my childlike raz in my last post, I tried twice to change it from "Bradyz" to "Hat8ers" and it wouldn't change it. I actually typed it out
    as Errmergerd Ha8ters, and it....whatever "it" is, changed it to "Brady". lol.

29. MarinoEqualsGod

Fair enough. I agree with your assessment to a certain point. I just feel like some people on this board aren't giving Tannehill enough credit for our recent games. Just like he deserves a majority of the blame for the middle of our season when we looked dead in the water, he deserves a lot of the credit for our recent winning ways.

30. Wildbill3

I changed it because I think 1.) it turns something obviously meant to insult others into a joke, and 2.) to really show people how little that word adds to a discussion.

31. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Well, we do already know what he has done the whole season so far (Nice season so far actually), over 62% comp percentage, thrown for over 3600 yards (on pace to only be the 2nd QB in Miami history to throw for 4000 yards), thrown for 23 Tds against 14 ints (9 more TDs then INts is pretty darn good).

Looking at how he has done in crunch time is actually a good thing, considering we have normally been a pretty bad team around this time since Marino hung them up.

32. GoonBoss

Fair enough sir.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

I support the guy, and think he's done a reasonably good job overall.

33. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I know.

34. Wildbill3

to be fair, I dont' think "homer" adds to a discussion either. there were just too many issues with changing it to marsha.

35. psfign

psfign A True Fan

Why do you act like this? If someone is trying to point something out like improvements in the last 5 games, then why would they have to go back further than that?

And youre right they wouldnt be so crucial had it not been for some blown games, but why you bring that up for any other reason than being a **** is beyong me.

And do you think all franchise QBs win every game? If so I guess there's only one franchise QB in the history of the NFL in your eyes? There's certainly no undefeated QBs this season and some franchise QBs that have lost to inferior teams.

Youre arguements have become ridiculous.

36. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Yesterday was the first time he's thrown 3 td's and no picks in a game I believe. I've been waiting for that for a long time.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

37. Batroc

Batroc The Anti-Fistpumper

Actually he played very well at Pittsburgh IMO. He responded in key moments of the game ( right after the Polamalu INT and again after Pittsburgh took the lead late) by leading his team down the field and getting us the points we needed. I said earlier in the season that I wasn't sure I trusted him in high pressure situations late in the game, but the improvement has been obvious to anyone who is really paying attention. With each game You can see his confidence growing and I now feel like we at least have a chance against just about anyone if they take the lead against us late. # 17 definitely deserves props for his continuing evolution into a true franchise quarterback. That's something we haven't seen around here since the days of Mr. Marino :)

38. aquabob

aquabob A True Fan

Did you watch the Pitt game? He's the reason we won. Played his @ss off in the snow. Don't forget the runs he had too.

39. Wildbill3

*** isn't censored you know.

40. cleezy13

Quit hating he's Killen right now numbers actually don't lie 4-1 10 tds and 3 picks and 1,421 yards in the most crucial games of the season by a mile is what I see and that's pro bowl level. Oh and don't forget about also having the worst o-line in the league, that's pretty big (no pun intended)

41. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

LMAO !!!! Such a hypocrite. All of this coming from the guy that swore Mr Buttfumble was the real deal because he led a run team with an awesome OL and maybe the best defense in the league those years to a couple of meaningless AFC championship games, but Tannehill playing behind the worst OL in recent memory "kept the jets in that game"?? Meaning we won, not because of RT17 but in spite of him?? You sir are delusional.

42. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

he's the reason you won? really? was it his pick 6 that helped you win the close game or the great handoff on the near 60 yd run on the GW drive?

Your OL was never as bad as you thought and they have been outstanding in the last month.

Ryan kept us in the game, a good 1st half and you guys are up 24/31-0 at the half.

Ryan played great Sunday but he was mediocre at best against us and Pitt. #s never tell the whole story.

43. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Extrapolate those 5 games over a 16 game season and you get: 4550 yards 32TDs 10INTs and 430 rushing yards.

Impressive considering 2 of the 5 were away December games and 2 came against two of the leagues best defenses.

And we're missing 2 of our best receiving weapons.

44. sn9ke.eyes

sn9ke.eyes Starter

Glad to see the improvement and 5 game numbers, but what the tv crew said on Sunday was more indicative of franchise to me. Most TD passes in a season since Marino. Most consecutive QB starts since Marino. When you are besting anything the team has had for 15 years, it says something.

I think the season TD stat was before the game too. None of the scrubs we've had at QB could even make it to 20. That's how bad things have been.

45. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

lol keep spinning it bro...but Sanchez carried the jets in the playoffs...give it a rest already

46. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

our 3rd stringer is better than geno

47. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

who said Mark carried us? and you don't seriously think Ryan is carrying Miami, do you?:lol:

48. FSU Truth

FSU Truth inside my DNA Finheaven VIP

Yes, and if you can't see that you know too little about football to have a reasonable discussion with....

49. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

I'm staying your a biased homer bs'er

50. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

I watched the entire Pitt game and outside of his pick 6 he played well. In the snow. In Pittsburgh. In December. Playoffs on the line, and he comes out and drops 34 points on the Steeler D. 20-33 and 200 yards is a pretty crappy YPA, but he limited mistakes, and he made the plays needed to win the game.